Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby  (Read 8512 times)

Re: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2023, 11:04:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Smart for Anunoby works. Maybe add some other pieces or picks. I think I would do it.
I wouldn't do that. Smart is too valuable to our offence with his passing under Joe

Agreed.   This team recent swoon on offense seems to match up with Smart being out.

Also agreed.  Also, you don't trade your team leader when you've got the best record in the NBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2023, 11:11:19 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Smart for Anunoby works. Maybe add some other pieces or picks. I think I would do it.
I wouldn't do that. Smart is too valuable to our offence with his passing under Joe

Agreed.   This team recent swoon on offense seems to match up with Smart being out.

Words that would have sounded unbelievable 15 months ago, especially with regard to a top-3 offense, but all the same defensible.

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2023, 12:15:27 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
You offer Pritchard, Grant, Gallo and 2 1st rounders without batting an eye.

I would probably do it, because I think that takes us from contender to title favorite. Smart-J-J-OG-Rob to close would be the best defense in the league. Also means Memphis and NO can’t grab him. But it would hurt a little, because that’s an overpay for OG and it means we’ve used up our trade assets for the  next couple years.
An overpay? Think other teams can easily beat an offer of an 7th man, a 12th man, and a couple of first round picks. Would be dancing naked in the street if Toronto accepted that offer.

Frankly I think people are overrating OG

I don't think he is any different than Jerami Grant. I think his defense is fairly overrated. He's good on defense, but whenever I watch them, I don't see a dominate defensive player.

Jerami Grant got 1 first and a couple seconds.

Just looked at that Detroit trade and it’s a little shocking. They mostly did it for cap relief and probably to help them tank. Detroit got:

Gabriele Procida (No. 36 pick on 2022 draft)
• 2025 first-round draft pick (via Milwaukee - so most likely a late pick)
• 2025 second-round draft pick
• 2026 second-round draft pick

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2023, 01:09:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I would probably do it, because I think that takes us from contender to title favorite. Smart-J-J-OG-Rob to close would be the best defense in the league. Also means Memphis and NO can’t grab him. But it would hurt a little, because that’s an overpay for OG and it means we’ve used up our trade assets for the  next couple years.
An overpay? Think other teams can easily beat an offer of an 7th man, a 12th man, and a couple of first round picks. Would be dancing naked in the street if Toronto accepted that offer.

I don't think he is any different than Jerami Grant. I think his defense is fairly overrated. He's good on defense, but whenever I watch them, I don't see a dominate defensive player.

Just looked at that Detroit trade and it’s a little shocking. They mostly did it for cap relief and probably to help them tank. Detroit got:

I'm still shocked at what he was traded for, but again if we had a trade exception big enough, we might have been able to get it done.

Detroit just really didn't want salary back.

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2023, 01:18:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Words that would have sounded unbelievable 15 months ago, especially with regard to a top-3 offense, but all the same defensible.

I would not trade Smart for Anunoby.  Maybe White as a start to a package.  I think White would be a good fit for Toronto, a good fit opposite VanVleet.

Jeremy Grant is probably a good measuring stick for Anunoby.  Not quite a big 3 level player but close.  TOR should be able to beat the deal that DET got but I think the players themselves are similar in value.

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2023, 01:45:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
NBA Central: “If OG Anunoby became available, I think they would be very interested. You would probably start an offer there with Shaedon Sharpe.” – ESPN’s Brian Windhorst on the Blazers (h/t @WireHoops ) pic.twitter.com/ggsNRBWs19 – via Twitter TheNBACentral

Everyone wants to get in on Anunoby.

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2023, 02:36:20 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

I'm still shocked at what he was traded for, but again if we had a trade exception big enough, we might have been able to get it done.

He's 3 years younger, and he's a better defender than Grant. So he's more valuable.

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2023, 03:08:37 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

He's 3 years younger, and he's a better defender than Grant. So he's more valuable.

And he has an extra year left on his contract and makes less money.

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2023, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Yes please. Can shoot and can defend.

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2023, 05:39:05 PM »

• Paul Silas

He's also not as good offensively, and I don't necessarily think he's that much better defensively.

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2023, 05:43:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yup ,  he got sum of longest arms in nba ….  He d be a nice addition !
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:09:55 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2023, 06:07:30 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He's also not as good offensively, and I don't necessarily think he's that much better defensively.
Sorry but curious: How is OG not as good as Grant Williams offensively?

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2023, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Lol.  OG not.as good as Grant???  OG is better in every facet of the game of basketball over.Grant except crying to the refs.  Gimme OG all day every day over Grant.   

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2023, 07:36:34 PM »

• Paul Silas

Lol.  OG not.as good as Grant???  OG is better in every facet of the game of basketball over.Grant except crying to the refs.  Gimme OG all day every day over Grant.

The discussion was about Jerami Grant.

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2023, 07:45:44 PM »

• Paul Silas

Jerami Grant