Author Topic: Red Sox 2022  (Read 37900 times)

Re: Red Sox 2022
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2022, 11:38:33 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
A first rounder could be 18. Look at Marcelo Mayer. Many think he’s going to be a good pro. Would it shock anyone if he didn’t make the Big Show? Nope.

Belichick uses this strategy…. He doesn’t want to overpay a young guy that may or may not be good. He would rather take 3 shots at picking a diamond in the rough, as he doesn’t think the first rounders are “can’t miss”.

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2022, 10:06:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Blue Jays have scored 27 runs through six innings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2022, 10:10:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Blue Jays have scored 27 runs through six innings.
Sox only hope is for some turnovers, a miracle catch, Brady catching fire and for Toronto to put in their prevent defense.

What's 27-3, they've done 28-3 comeback before!!!

Excuse me.....what?

Oh, wrong sport.

Yeah, nevermind.

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2022, 10:12:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Seriously though.

54 runs given up in 3 games!!!

27-3. What's the NFL equivalent score? Like 108-10?!?!?!

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2022, 10:15:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Seriously though.

Unfortunately we are probably selling jd and bogarts now.

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2022, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Seriously though.

Unfortunately we are probably selling jd and bogarts now.
Keep Bogaerts, if possible. Pay someone to take Sale.

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2022, 11:04:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
28-5 I thought it was a patriots score at first  :police:

Surprised the Jays didn’t bring out their closer at the bottom of thr 9th…how disrespectful  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2022, 11:16:41 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
The play by the center fielder (Duran) on the inside the park grand slam was embarrassing.  Sure, he lost the fly ball in the lights — that’ll happen to every outfielder some time in their career.  But it landed behind him with no one nearby and he just stood there and looked at it, making no effort to do anything.

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2022, 05:45:13 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
The play by the center fielder (Duran) on the inside the park grand slam was embarrassing.  Sure, he lost the fly ball in the lights — that’ll happen to every outfielder some time in their career.  But it landed behind him with no one nearby and he just stood there and looked at it, making no effort to do anything.
I agree with you it looked bad, but I have to assume that to him it was obvious that Verdugo would get there quicker. Otherwise, if I’m wrong, they should send him down immediately.

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2022, 08:35:29 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I agree with you it looked bad, but I have to assume that to him it was obvious that Verdugo would get there quicker. Otherwise, if I’m wrong, they should send him down immediately.

That ball was up in the air a long time.  I never saw an angle that included Verdugo but it seems he should have seen what was going on and maybe even had time to get there and catch ball.  It was certainly his play to back it up.  He probably thought Duran would catch it as a routine fly and didn't start to move over to back up right away.

I don't think anyone is going to be demoted or promoted based on this game.  It was a historically ugly dumpster fire, all around.  Forget it and move on.

See if we can keep the opponent in single digits.

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2022, 06:38:13 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The Sox are a mess right now. Sale hurt AGAIN (get rid of him if you can), Devers to the IL today, Bogaerts is probably gone soon, Pivetta and Wacha coming back to Earth, Eovaldi stinks since coming off the IL (is he still hurt?), ownership doesn't want to spend much, the bullpen is like Russian roulette, they can't beat anyone in their own division, and "prospects" such as Duran and Dalbec aren't doing much. This season is on the verge of being scrapped.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2022, 07:14:59 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
They improved…only losing 4-1 at the bottom of the ninth today  :police:

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Devers on IL. Sale gone for year. Giving up double digit runs on the regular. Lost 8 of 9. Losing 8-2 right now. If they lose today, they are at .500.

It was looking so good and promising on July 1st.  Now....stick a fork in them. They're done!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2022, 01:05:37 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
This team keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Lost 7-6 tonight after a Cordero error in the 8th cost them a run. One of three errors for him. Red Sox are 6-17 in July and have lost 11 of their last 13. Ouch. Think Tampa Bay on the Charles will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline  :angel:

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2022, 01:24:59 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This team keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Lost 7-6 tonight after a Cordero error in the 8th cost them a run. One of three errors for him. Red Sox are 6-17 in July and have lost 11 of their last 13. Ouch. Think Tampa Bay on the Charles will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline  :angel:

Should be sellers, because even if they get back to playing .500 ball, or even slightly better—which is asking quite a bit at this point—they’re not going far in the postseason (even if they made the postseason). Too many holes in this roster.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis