Author Topic: Who is going to KG's jersey retirement?  (Read 7089 times)

Who is going to KG's jersey retirement?
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:47:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I had wanted to take the family, but my son got himself grounded.  So, it's just me and the wife.  I'm absolutely pumped to be going.  And, it should hopefully be a pretty good game.  I haven't seen Luka live, so it should be a treat.

How many times are we going to get a chance to see future jerseys retired?  Hopefully JT and JB someday.  Maybe Allen?  Maybe Ainge?  But realistically, over the next 15 years or so the only guy I'm truly excited about to see up there is KG.  It should be a riot.

Anybody else going?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Who is going to KG's jersey retirement?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 10:23:02 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I had wanted to take the family, but my son got himself grounded.  So, it's just me and the wife.  I'm absolutely pumped to be going.  And, it should hopefully be a pretty good game.  I haven't seen Luka live, so it should be a treat.

How many times are we going to get a chance to see future jerseys retired?  Hopefully JT and JB someday.  Maybe Allen?  Maybe Ainge?  But realistically, over the next 15 years or so the only guy I'm truly excited about to see up there is KG.  It should be a riot.

Anybody else going?

Take son, once in a liftetime experience... even if grounded.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 10:25:18 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
 I’m monitoring tickets and may go.  Trying to find 3 tickets is tricky.  I should probably buy four and resell the single.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 10:28:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I’m monitoring tickets and may go.  Trying to find 3 tickets is tricky.  I should probably buy four and resell the single.

Yeah, conventional wisdom is that resale tickets go down the closer you get to the event, but with the team playing better that hasn't necessarily been the case. 

Depending upon how much you're looking to drop, there are some club level seats on sale at vividtickets in a grouping of 3.  $370 each.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wish I was. I flew back for the Pierce retirement.  This one is too close to the 3/15 tax deadline with work so can't do it.  One of my college buddies has my seats.

Number raisings are definitely a cool experience.  You'll have a blast.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 11:29:37 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sold my tickets.

I went to Pierce's and after a 40 point loss to the Cavs the air in the room had been deflated, ruined the ceremony IMO.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 12:19:58 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Yeah, conventional wisdom is that resale tickets go down the closer you get to the event, but with the team playing better that hasn't necessarily been the case. 

Depending upon how much you're looking to drop, there are some club level seats on sale at vividtickets in a grouping of 3.  $370 each.

Yeah, $370 is outside my wife's price range for this one.

I do have the advantage that I can get to the Garden in 30 minutes by public transit, so I guess I'm going to hope they come down in price during the final hour before tipoff.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 03:41:56 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I’ll be there. Resisted the urge to sell similarly to the Pierce retirement ceremony. Like JBpats mentioned, I hope the game preceding the ceremony has a better outcome than that Cavs game. And it’d be nice to avoid a Luka winning buzzer beating 3 for once.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 08:19:46 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Not sure if it’s okay to ask, if not remove it.
If anyone is interested in selling two tickets, let me know.
I’m looking for fairly inexpensive balcony seats.
Be worth the trip from Vermont to see KG retirement.
Thanks

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 08:23:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Not sure if it’s okay to ask, if not remove it.
If anyone is interested in selling two tickets, let me know.
I’m looking for fairly inexpensive balcony seats.
Be worth the trip from Vermont to see KG retirement.
Thanks

Publicly we only allowing listings at or below face value.

What you folks discuss via private messages is generally your own business, though.

Good luck!

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I do have the advantage that I can get to the Garden in 30 minutes by public transit, so I guess I'm going to hope they come down in price during the final hour before tipoff.

I took a look and it seems like prices are beginning to break a bit, particularly over the last few days. What's interesting to me is that the greatest availability is in the loge seats, where sellers are a bit pickier about pricing than in the upper level. I would expect that to continue, so you may actually be waiting until 30 minutes before tip-off, when people have to make a decision. To me, this says that there are a lot of people who just want to be there but don't feel like they have to have great seats.

There are still plenty of seats up above, though, and they're starting at $185 on Ticketmaster (sadly, before fees.). My guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that prices will continue to move down. My experience selling tickets has been that people are least price-sensitive before the season starts (I have no idea why.). That's whenv I make the biggest margin.

Hope that's helpful.
Mike

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
My experience selling tickets has been that people are least price-sensitive before the season starts (I have no idea why.). That's whenv I make the biggest margin.

I would bet it's just unsavvy buyers at that point.

Over the years I've seen several posts (not here, but other places) about people talking about buying tickets before they even go on sale, in that time between when the schedule is released and individual tickets actually go on sale.  These people don't realize they're buying resale tickets, and just think they're paying market price, because they just went to Ticket Master and these are the only options at the moment.

On top of the regular unsavvy, then you have the worrying, long-term planners (who are also unsavvy).  They think sporting event tickets function more like other markets with prices just going up over time.  A lot of parents and significant others buying tickets for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays.  And a lot of vacationers worrying about missing out on the one week they're in town.  These people all buy early because they're worried about prices going up.

I'd bet it's these things giving you your great margins.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:51:09 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 01:06:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I took a look and it seems like prices are beginning to break a bit, particularly over the last few days. What's interesting to me is that the greatest availability is in the loge seats, where sellers are a bit pickier about pricing than in the upper level. I would expect that to continue, so you may actually be waiting until 30 minutes before tip-off, when people have to make a decision. To me, this says that there are a lot of people who just want to be there but don't feel like they have to have great seats.

There are still plenty of seats up above, though, and they're starting at $185 on Ticketmaster (sadly, before fees.). My guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that prices will continue to move down. My experience selling tickets has been that people are least price-sensitive before the season starts (I have no idea why.). That's whenv I make the biggest margin.

Hope that's helpful.
Mike

We got Section 316 for around $210 each after fees.  I was really tempted to get club seats (my traditional option) but for the extra $400+ (for two of us) I'm just taking the wife out for a great dinner and pocketing the rest.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 01:17:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Has anybody gotten seats at the "bar" level before?  How does it compare to back balcony?

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 01:20:45 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

Hope that's helpful.
Mike

Yeah, but fees are a killer. Added almost $100. Bye the time you’re done, 2 $185 tickets are almost $500. Love KG, but guess I’ll have to watch from home.
Probably just as well. With the price of gas, might cost me that much to drive from Vermont anyway