Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 32998 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
body language of several of the primary Celtics is wrong.  they are being out classed on the court and out played , out husseled . (except KG /Rondo/Sully) .   

Doc isn't looking very good as a coach in all this and the play of Pierce and Jet on court makes me think they aren't going to be a playoff team.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
...its not the players fault.

I don't understand this sentiment.

Well it was because of the players  when we win too, we've never won because of coaching....Doc is just a  cheerleader. he gets all this credit for great plays after timeouts like hes a mastermind....uhh a high school dropout could draw up these plays.

I dont think you really understanding what doc has done throughout his coaching career... remember that magical run to quarter 4 game 7 of the ECF last season? Pure coaching. Which is funny because at that moment nobody was calling for doc's head and everyone was praising him.

Threads like this are funny because he really is one of the best in the game and with the exception of teams like the Spurs, Sixers, Nuggets, and maybe OKC I guarantee any of the other teams in this league would jump at the chance to sign doc.

It's so easy to blame the coach, and I agree there are certain things he could do better this season (some small ball lineups have been flawed, etc). But he's not the main problem... the roster is. It's flawed to the max. We sat around pre-season thinking we had this great, deep team. Well its deep with a bunch of random pieces with no cohesion. Oh, and our biggest problem? KG is our ONLY big man with an ounce of talent. Wilcox is a good back up, but its not enough.

If you were coaching this team I guarantee you would have a ton of problems trying to create effective lineups. This roster needs a shakeup... ASAP. Thats going to happen before doc goes anywhere

disagreed. doc was out coached in the Philadelphia series by Doug Collins and it was a reason among others that the series went 7 and came down to Rondo jumpers bailing US out... if the Miami series was about coaching doc didn't have his guys prepared in a closeout game at home and had his dumbest defensive game plan in the game 7 ....it's all about the players, as I said before we haven't won a game because of coaching since Tom Thibodeau walked out that door.

Doug Collins is one of the smartest coaches in the game and that same Sixers team knocked out the top seeded Bulls in 6 games the series before. Very underrated team last year...  Sure an argument could be made that the Celtics should have finished off that series in 5 or 6 but honestly during that series all I saw were two very smart coaches and two very hardworking teams going at it. Doc wasn't outcoached that series, that team just flat out didn't suck like a lot of people seem to assume, They were, after all, leading the atlantic for more than half the season

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Doug Collins is one of the smartest coaches in the game and that same Sixers team knocked out the top seeded Bulls in 6 games the series before. Very underrated team last year...  Sure an argument could be made that the Celtics should have finished off that series in 5 or 6 but honestly during that series all I saw were two very smart coaches and two very hardworking teams going at it. Doc wasn't outcoached that series, that team just flat out didn't suck like a lot of people seem to assume, They were, after all, leading the atlantic for more than half the season
Not that I really disagree, but if we're going to call them the "top-seeded" Bulls, we should also call them the "Rose-less" Bulls after Game 1.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Not that I really disagree, but if we're going to call them the "top-seeded" Bulls, we should also call them the "Rose-less" Bulls after Game 1.

fair enough but the bulls played most of the season without rose anyway

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

fair enough but the bulls played most of the season without rose anyway

and were still the top seed right? then they were still a top team no matter how anybody wants to spin it. case closed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
...its not the players fault.

I don't understand this sentiment.

Well it was because of the players  when we win too, we've never won because of coaching....Doc is just a  cheerleader. he gets all this credit for great plays after timeouts like hes a mastermind....uhh a high school dropout could draw up these plays.

I dont think you really understanding what doc has done throughout his coaching career... remember that magical run to quarter 4 game 7 of the ECF last season? Pure coaching. Which is funny because at that moment nobody was calling for doc's head and everyone was praising him.

Threads like this are funny because he really is one of the best in the game and with the exception of teams like the Spurs, Sixers, Nuggets, and maybe OKC I guarantee any of the other teams in this league would jump at the chance to sign doc.

It's so easy to blame the coach, and I agree there are certain things he could do better this season (some small ball lineups have been flawed, etc). But he's not the main problem... the roster is. It's flawed to the max. We sat around pre-season thinking we had this great, deep team. Well its deep with a bunch of random pieces with no cohesion. Oh, and our biggest problem? KG is our ONLY big man with an ounce of talent. Wilcox is a good back up, but its not enough.

If you were coaching this team I guarantee you would have a ton of problems trying to create effective lineups. This roster needs a shakeup... ASAP. Thats going to happen before doc goes anywhere

disagreed. doc was out coached in the Philadelphia series by Doug Collins and it was a reason among others that the series went 7 and came down to Rondo jumpers bailing US out... if the Miami series was about coaching doc didn't have his guys prepared in a closeout game at home and had his dumbest defensive game plan in the game 7 ....it's all about the players, as I said before we haven't won a game because of coaching since Tom Thibodeau walked out that door.

It's not that hard to "out coach" someone when you have many more healthy players than they do. Doc didn't really have a ton of options with the team we had in the playoffs last year.

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Doc didn't really have a ton of options with the team we had in the playoffs last year.

And if Doc had had options, we might still not know how good Avery Bradly could be or known whether Steamer could play or not.

Mike

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Doc didn't really have a ton of options with the team we had in the playoffs last year.

And if Doc had had options, we might still not know how good Avery Bradly could be or known whether Steamer could play or not.

Mike

I think the assumption that Doc never would have played Bradley is pretty ridiculous.

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Mike

I think the assumption that Doc never would have played Bradley is pretty ridiculous.

we'll never know now will we?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Firing Doc is the dumbest thing I have seen on this board all year. Overreacting to a slow start way too much. You fire Doc and you punt this season. You lose the locker room, KG is gone. Rondo...who knows. Pierce will be traded. This would be the worst thing to happen to this franchise since the combination of hiring Pitino and missing out on Duncan.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Mike

we'll never know now will we?

It true we'll never "know", it's also true that you can't point to any cases of Doc not playing players that were as good as Bradley. In fact I doubt you can come up with examples of players on Steimsma's level not getting chances under Doc.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Mike

I think that statement is pretty ridiculous.  Bradley was forced in and so was steamer, while guys like jjj and Moore road the pine all year even during garbage time.  Holy crap does  anyone think spoelstra is a
great coach?  Prob not in his first year but they got to the finals.  Now do u think he woulda gotten anywhere without bron Wade and bosh?  The players make the team.

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I think that statement is pretty ridiculous.  Bradley was forced in and so was steamer, while guys like jjj and Moore road the pine all year even during garbage time.  Holy crap does  anyone think spoelstra is a
great coach?  Prob not in his first year but they got to the finals.  Now do u think he woulda gotten anywhere without bron Wade and bosh?  The players make the team.
Bradley and Steamer both earned their playing time. JJJ isn't even in the NBA right now. I'll grant you E'Twaun, never understood that (maybe he was bad at team defense).

Fact is, Doc plays people who deserve to be played. Sullinger is getting a lot of burn this year, and it's not because we're riddled with injuries or because Bass sucks.

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Bradley and Steamer both earned their playing time. JJJ isn't even in the NBA right now. I'll grant you E'Twaun, never understood that (maybe he was bad at team defense).

Fact is, Doc plays people who deserve to be played. Sullinger is getting a lot of burn this year, and it's not because we're riddled with injuries or because Bass sucks.

not that he doesnt...

p.s. Doc isnt a good x o coach nor a good rotation coach ive been saying this for years
yes hes the best at motivation and mentoring but that isnt what this teams need
I cant believe how many sub par coaches with lñesser players in paper outcoach him playing their strenghts while doc plays the same old book over and over again.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Bass does not suck. He's come down a little bit from last season, but he is still a solid player.