Author Topic: Idea: Chris Paul and Adams for Kemba and Hayward...  (Read 2224 times)

Idea: Chris Paul and Adams for Kemba and Hayward...
« on: October 26, 2020, 08:08:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I think this trade improves The Celtics but the craziest thing about this trade idea is how close the money is 68.5 million out going and 68.8 incoming.

It solidifies our starting 5 with Paul, Adams, Tatum, Brown, Smart we would still need work on our bench. But I like Theis behind Adams, though we still need at least another ball handler.

Re: Idea: Chris Paul and Adams for Kemba and Hayward...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This trade proposal by a respected poster on this forum exemplifies that the contracts of Walker and Hayward aren't assets.

You have a 35-year-old Chris Paul who earns $85M over the next two years and a middle-of-the-pack centre in Steven Adams who earns $27.5M next year and those two might have the same trading value as our two (former) All Stars?

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 08:55:19 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This trade proposal by a respected poster on this forum exemplifies that the contracts of Walker and Hayward aren't assets.

You have a 35-year-old Chris Paul who earns $85M over the next two years and a middle-of-the-pack centre in Steven Adams who earns $27.5M next year and those two might have the same trading value as our two (former) All Stars?
I think Adams has a trade kicker too.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:27:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Ew.

Gross.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does OKC do this trade?  Kemba doesn’t seem to fit their timeline.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nope.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 03:09:25 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Hey, thanks for calling me a respected poster.

This was just an idea for a  post I was kicking around and which I'm not even sure Boston gets the best of this deal but it does balance the roster better. Defensively Adams, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Paul is a fun starting five that can also score on the other end.

I mostly posted this because the salaries match so closely. I've done this on a lot of trade sites but it's the most equal money values I'd seen.

This trade only makes sense if Chris Paul can play at a high-level next year and Hayward wants out.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 03:44:11 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I think this trade improves The Celtics but the craziest thing about this trade idea is how close the money is 68.5 million out going and 68.8 incoming.

It solidifies our starting 5 with Paul, Adams, Tatum, Brown, Smart we would still need work on our bench. But I like Theis behind Adams, though we still need at least another ball handler.
I'd rather we keep Kemba-Hayward.

- Adams ain't mobile enough to switch ball screens on the perimeter. Imo, he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system.
- I'm a big fan of CP3's game. Problem is, he'll be 36 years old during the 2021 playoffs. Not to mention, he's on a terrible contract.

Just because the salaries match almost perfectly, it doesn't mean it's a fair trade. If that were the case, why not ask for SGA?

https://tradenba.com/trades/ENRpAtOmz

The salaries match almost perfectly. I wanted to include valuable assets on our part. Is this a fair trade in your book?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:59:16 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 05:28:52 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I suppose if Kemba goes to a 3rd team maybe, but I don’t see why OKC would want Kemba and or Hayward. Would make the most sense to keep going young.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 03:20:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

- Adams ain't mobile enough to switch ball screens on the perimeter. Imo, he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system.
- I'm a big fan of CP3's game. Problem is, he'll be 36 years old during the 2021 playoffs. Not to mention, he's on a terrible contract.

Just because the salaries match almost perfectly, it doesn't mean it's a fair trade. If that were the case, why not ask for SGA?

The salaries match almost perfectly. I wanted to include valuable assets on our part. Is this a fair trade in your book?

I think that's a fair trade but I don't think either side does it. I think the same about my trade proposal but it's the dog days so we might as well talk about something.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 05:37:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't particularly like this trade idea, although I do love Steven Adams.

I will say, this trade proposal reminds me of my all-time favorite trade idea, from back in 2011/2012 time frame: trade Rondo and some other stuff for Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat.

I really thought Nash and Gortat would've been awesome playing with the Big 3, even though that would've been a super old team.

I don't like the money of this trade idea, and I don't trust CP3 to be anywhere near 100% for a full playoff run, so it's a no from me.

That said, at full health I do think that a lineup of CP3 - Smart - Brown - Tatum - Adams would be really good.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 06:11:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I think that's a fair trade but I don't think either side does it. I think the same about my trade proposal but it's the dog days so we might as well talk about something.
I think any SGA trade to the C's would have to start with Brown. Even then, it's possible that both teams would say no. :P

As much as I love Smart's game, I'd trade him in a heartbeat for SGA!

PG: CP3
SG: SGA
SF: Brown
PF: Tatum
C: Theis

6th man: Hayward

Imo, Tatum > SGA > Brown. The 3 of them would dominate the NBA for years to come!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:19:26 PM by Jvalin »