Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 354506 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Boy, the Magic are having a tough go at things, huh? Terrible start to the season losing to both the Heat and Sixers and an injured Pistons squad.

Did they already lose to the 76ers or did you count this as a loss?

Meanwhile the warriors have given up 23 points in 7.5 minutes. How do they fix this defense?

Oh wow, they came back! There was only a little bit of time left when I checked the game, and they were down like 9. I just figured it was a loss. My bad! Still, there's absolutely no reason that they should've lost to the Sixers anyways. Looks like Oladipo was much better for them than they thought.

Well to be fair golden state played much better after the first 7 minutes and blew out Portland for their first complete game where things clicked.(so my comment looks a bit silly now)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:44:30 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Pretty interesting matchup tonight between OKC and LAC. Will tell us a lot about whether OKC is still a decent team after they opened the season with some pretty easy games.

« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Some interesting things to note and keep an eye on for the trade front:

Anthony Davis is already publicly expressing frustration with what will be an 0-5 start after(eventually) losing in OT to Memphis tonight. It would have to get pretty bad for any trade speculation to start, and he'd pretty much have to request out. But it is something to keep an eye on when he's already growing this frustrated after an 0-4 (and now 0-5) start to the season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17950221/anthony-davis-says-frustrated-new-orleans-pelicans-0-4-start-season

The Wizards are starting off terribly at 0-3, too, and the schedule isn't getting any easier for them in the next several games, though they did have an extremely rough start to the season with their schedule. Some have already speculated on Wall maybe wanting out after another bad season, so just something to keep an eye on.

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
The lakers just gave the Hawks their first L of the season.

They're better than expectations too. it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them challenge for the 8th seed this year. Their defense is horrible, but they have a lot of offensive firepower on that roster, and Walton has looked like a pretty good coach so far.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2016, 11:36:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

They're better than expectations too. it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them challenge for the 8th seed this year. Their defense is horrible, but they have a lot of offensive firepower on that roster, and Walton has looked like a pretty good coach so far.

Yeah, I didn't see how others thought that they'd challenge for the worst record again. I'm not sure that they'll challenge for the playoffs - they seem more like faux playoff contenders like the Kings - but they're better than many had expected.

« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Their bad defense will be there every game.  There offense will be hit and miss.  I'd be surprised if they challenged for the 8th seed.  I'd put them around 34 wins.   

« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Their bad defense will be there every game.  There offense will be hit and miss.  I'd be surprised if they challenged for the 8th seed.  I'd put them around 34 wins.

I agree with your reasoning, but I think 34 wins is optimistic.

« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2016, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

I agree with your reasoning, but I think 34 wins is optimistic.
I was going to edit it to 30-34 wins (5th to 8th worst team).  I'd put Suns, Sixers, Magic and Mavs below them. 

« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2016, 01:08:04 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
OKC is looking legit. They struggled with both the 76ers and Phoenix, but they just came in and beat LAC in Los Angeles.

« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
OKC is looking legit. They struggled with both the 76ers and Phoenix, but they just came in and beat LAC in Los Angeles.

Russ is a freak of nature, maybe one of the best athletes on the planet.  That roster is anemic, but given how competitive he is God only knows how many wins he can drag them to.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2016, 02:12:56 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
RW is a MONSTER!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2016, 02:15:50 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
If okc did better than the Warriors that would make durant look like scalabrines little brother

« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
How did this not make it in here? Play of the year imo.

https://vine.co/v/5DMz3155Hex

« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

That works for me. I prefer if they don't get another top pick.
Better if they stuck being mediocre for long term.

« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2016, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

That works for me. I prefer if they don't get another top pick.
Better if they stuck being mediocre for long term.

they've got enough young talent with lots of potential to the point that they wont stay mediocre for a long time. I could see them being contenders in the west in maybe 3 years. Am i crazy?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about