Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232701 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:22 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Still have a ways to go before the 2nd round but I take some comfort in Zach Lowe saying that the Celtics don't fear the Bucks match-up.

I'm not sure what the solution is though. Giannis is too good now to just let him get his and stop the other guys - he's going to beat you himself. The other guys are good enough at shooting that if you swarm Giannis, they'll make enough.

The good thing is he still doesn't have a jump shot. We have Semi and Baynes to keep him in check. He will score, regardless. But like we did to Lebron last season, he will have to earn it the hard way.

« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:04 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
What did we do with lebros last season? Playing with nobodies and no coach he beat us... Hard or easy way we failed

« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2019, 03:43:37 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Are they really dropping confetti on a single win? lol

Gotta give them credit... unlike Philly in Game 3 last year, they dropped confetti after a win

;D

« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Thoughts after an action-packed weekend:

- Brooklyn is a real threat to Philly if they manage to beat them it would be a real shocker that would move a lot of chairs.
Unfortunately, it would almost completely diminish Hinkies "Gods work".

- Embiid is once again troubled physically in the playoffs. He will always be able to feast on teams in regular season. But playoffs require more, both physically and mentally. That is the reason he still isn't the best center in the league, yet.

- Russell Westbrook is really not a game-changing guard, at least not in a good, playoff performance way, especially when he is surrounded by such poor shooters. It surprises me that he has so many flaws to exploit while still being considered as a star. His lack of shooting, discipline, touch, diversity and often respect for opponents. All that, plus he routinely gets bounced in the 1st round.

- Paul George's injury looks like it will define their success. Shame, he had a great year.

- Kanter gave Portland a great game and us a great comeback story.

- Nuggets may be a more talented team than the Spurs, but that doesn't have to be the dealbreaker. I think they will be lacking playoff experience, since the last two years they finished 9th in the west. Spurs can and will out-execute and outsmart them.

- Lowry is once again "a playoff Lowry", has any player got so many chances to deliver in the playoffs and failed?

- Toronto will solve Orlando regardless.

- By many; The brutal, unstoppable, most skilled center of our times DeMarcus Cousins, now has a whole career playoff game to add to his record. Numerically that is - 1.

- Detroit is by far the weakest team in these playoffs. In reality, without Blake, they are a 24-27 win team. That is in the east.

- Smart won't be missed in our series vs Indy, they don't have great attackers. We will miss him in the Milwaukee series.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Thoughts after an action-packed weekend:

- Brooklyn is a real threat to Philly if they manage to beat them it would be a real shocker that would move a lot of chairs.
Unfortunately, it would almost completely diminish Hinkies "Gods work".

- Embiid is once again troubled physically in the playoffs. He will always be able to feast on teams in regular season. But playoffs require more, both physically and mentally. That is the reason he still isn't the best center in the league, yet.

- Russell Westbrook is really not a game-changing guard, at least not in a good, playoff performance way, especially when he is surrounded by such poor shooters. It surprises me that he has so many flaws to exploit while still being considered as a star. His lack of shooting, discipline, touch, diversity and often respect for opponents. All that, plus he routinely gets bounced in the 1st round.

- Paul George's injury looks like it will define their success. Shame, he had a great year.

- Kanter gave Portland a great game and us a great comeback story.

- Nuggets may be a more talented team than the Spurs, but that doesn't have to be the dealbreaker. I think they will be lacking playoff experience, since the last two years they finished 9th in the west. Spurs can and will out-execute and outsmart them.

- Lowry is once again "a playoff Lowry", has any player got so many chances to deliver in the playoffs and failed?

- Toronto will solve Orlando regardless.

- By many; The brutal, unstoppable, most skilled center of our times DeMarcus Cousins, now has a whole career playoff game to add to his record. Numerically that is - 1.

- Detroit is by far the weakest team in these playoffs. In reality, without Blake, they are a 24-27 win team. That is in the east.

- Smart won't be missed in our series vs Indy, they don't have great attackers. We will miss him in the Milwaukee series.
We'll miss him as a bench guard if Jaylen gets going. Positive about game 1 where he impacted the game even when his shot wasn't falling. Go Jaylen!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I feel like the sixers are in real trouble and could be upset.

Raptors I am 50/50 on. they should be able to beat Orlando but no guarantee if Lowry continues to fade in the playoffs.

« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Raptors I am 50/50 on. they should be able to beat Orlando but no guarantee if Lowry continues to fade in the playoffs.
I'd be a bit surprised if Toronto doesn't win the next 4.  I think the Sixers pull it out, but Embiid is clearly hurt so that gives me some pause.  I was expecting him to be healthier than he clearly is.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2019, 11:26:55 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The potential of getting Smart back and giving the team an emotional lift right when they need it against the Bucks is tantalizing. It gives me some hope.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:23 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I'd be a bit surprised if Toronto doesn't win the next 4.  I think the Sixers pull it out, but Embiid is clearly hurt so that gives me some pause.  I was expecting him to be healthier than he clearly is.
It would be a major upset if the Raptors exit in round 1, and esencially a fire sale offseason, but the series will go 6-7 deep with the first win going orlando way and some historicaly big problems the raptors have in the playoffs.

sixers are in a world of trouble. Simmons is what simmons is in a 7 game series, when your game gets dicected by a quality coach and a solid team effort. Embiid is jacking up 3's while allen had 3 fouls and ed davis was on him, probably a 50 lbs difference going his way. ben creating a beef with the crowd can help either(but i'm on his side on that one, the booing took place in the 2nd qtr, while the nets had a 5-10 point lead).

bucks look good, but detorit is not even a contest, not without blake. I don't think the celtics are afraid of anyone, but that is not enough. Giannis is a very flawed player and CBS will look to exploit that as much as it is possible.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2019, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Right... Who the f*** is Giannis anyway? There is a big chance he won't even be the mvp... and it's not like he almost beat us last post season.

..... And then we complain about the luck of respect shown to the Cs.

« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Toronto will come back and win in 4-5 games, because Vujevich has a very tough time going inside against Gasol.  The rest of their team is not very good in creating points other than Ross in spurts.

Embiid's health makes me feel that BKLN will win in 6 games.

« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think Toronto will come back and win in 4-5 games, because Vujevich has a very tough time going inside against Gasol.  The rest of their team is not very good in creating points other than Ross in spurts.

Embiid's health makes me feel that BKLN will win in 6 games.

Toronto can't win in 4 games...

« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Don't forget, Milwaukee is getting Brogdon back by Round 2. So they will be tougher than ever.

It's a shame they get to cakewalk their first-round because Blake Griffin is injured. Such a waste of an 8th seed. Should've given it to the Hornets.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If the 76ers lose Game 2 in Wells Fargo Center, then that series is over.

I had Philly in 7, but it could look like Brooklyn in 4 or 5 real quick lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2019, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If the 76ers lose Game 2 in Wells Fargo Center, then that series is over.

I had Philly in 7, but it could look like Brooklyn in 4 or 5 real quick lol.

Just 2 years (feels like forever) ago we dropped 2 at home to start a series and won it running away. Losing G2 will put them against the wall but they're still talented enough, and Brooklyn's style is volatile enough, for them to pull if off.

Think they get the W tonight anyway so probably moot point but even if, I wouldn't bury them yet.