Author Topic: Wade for the No. 1?  (Read 4597 times)

Wade for the No. 1?
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline shbanua

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
i saw this on insidehoops. the thought had also crossed my mind. i mean, if you look at the top point guards in the league (paul, williams, nash, kidd), they all have an all-star calibre PF to pass to, PFs who especially can shoot from 18-20 ft. you could argue that rose fits the bill of the dynamic PG who could run the show a la paul, williams and beasley is the athletic, versatile big with range.

on paper it seems a nice fit, especially for a miami team that's on rebuilding mode. i'm not too sure rose and wade can co-exist because i think they would demand the ball a lot in order to be effective.

the plus for chicago is that they get the local boy, MJ-type figure that they've been craving for so long, a perennial all-star and franchise player. i think that at this point chicago is at a better place than miami is even with the no. 2 so wade may choose to go where he can possibly make the playoffs.

the plus for miami is obvious. they get two studs to build around for the next decade if they work it right. the potential of these two is undeniable. but that's the thing. are they willing to trade "potential" for the sure thing, not to mention the main attraction and crowd-getter? what do you say, worth the risk? in keeping with this season's trend of major shake-ups, i'd vote yes.

Re: Wade for the No. 1?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Offline kevbo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I don't know, I don't think that's a very likely scenario myself. Especially because there's a strong chance Chicago could take Rose with the first pick, as he is already a local guy, and a significant upgrade to Hinrich, Duhon or Gordon at the point. I think they obviously could use Beasley too, but with Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas, and Rose's being local, there's a strong chance the Bulls might want to go with Rose. If that is their thinking, the Bulls are more than likely then to put someone like Gordon or Hinrich on the block instead.

Also Skeletor a.k.a. Pat Riley seemed to be hanging a big "For Sale" sign on the #2 pick yesterday. Makes me wonder what the Heat are thinking, because it seems like if Beasley were available, and given the above scenario at #2, he would be, he'd be a perfect front-court complement to Shawn Marion and Dwayne Wade. What's the Evil Horde upto?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:44:17 PM by kevbo »

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
If not for Wade's injury history, I do this in a second if I'm John Paxson and Hicag.

Because Wade's injury history can't be discounted in actuality, I don't even consider this if I'm John Paxson and Hicag.

For another premier-level player of Flash's caliber, I could see it -- and I certainly like the case made (as you delineated, shbanua) for the move on Miami's end.  But Pax can't risk giving up the opportunity at Rose or Beasley for a guy who has missed 95 games in his first five seasons and provided no definitive proof that he'll be able to buck that trend in the future.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Miami and Chicago should both be good teams next year, whoever they pick. Wade was injured for most of the season last year so him coming back 100% next year with Marion and Rose or Beasley would be scary. I think Chicago already has a good team, don't know why they stink so much last season, adding Rose or Beasley to the line up would only make them better. 
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
adding Rose or Beasley to the line up would only make them better. 

True, but adding Wade would undoubtably do alot more for them. I know Wade has played injured alot, and come back from alot of injuries early, and that all probably compounds him having so many re-occuring injuries. A good offseason of rest should help hopefully. I didn't think he should be on the court at all this year. I definately think this would be a good trade for both teams. Wade's injury history aside.