Author Topic: We need a sharpshooter  (Read 975 times)

Re: We need a sharpshooter
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Last season the Celtics had the second best three point shooting percentage as a team in the league at 37.1%. They are currently shooting 35.1% good for 14th in the league. But over the last 3 games they are averaging 39.1% which is excellent. Their offense is averaging over 6 points per game better over those 3 games than the 7 before that.

What these numbers show is that the team was in a slump to begin the season and it took some time for the team to gel. They are a very good three point shooting team. There is just no reason to trade for a "sharpshooter". This team is getting better shooting three point shots and will probably be a top three team in the league in doing so by season's end.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for a shooter either. What we need to do is take less contested jumpshots.

And Stevens has to balance his rotation such that we don't have a line-up again like we had against Denver (Rozier/Smart/Ojeleye/Morris/Baynes). That's a unit that's not a result of a roster flaw, but just bad coaching.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 12:44:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't see it either.

This team has got loads of shooting in it's starting unit. All 5 guys shoot the 3 at a good to high clip. This one of the best outside shooting starting units in the league.

The bench has got good outside shooting too. Rozier is very good. Smart and Semi are streaky shooters but the bigs help balance that out. Morris can shoot it. Theis can shoot. Yabusele can shoot.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 01:16:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
We need a lineup tweak. Nothing more.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for a shooter either. What we need to do is take less contested jumpshots.

And Stevens has to balance his rotation such that we don't have a line-up again like we had against Denver (Rozier/Smart/Ojeleye/Morris/Baynes). That's a unit that's not a result of a roster flaw, but just bad coaching.

Brad will continue to run lineups like that, like he does every year. Until the rotation gets set around January, there will be tons of lineups that make you go "what is Brad thinking?", 90% of which will fail (and make people say "that lineup was obviously gonna fail, why is Brad being stupid"). The 10% or so that suceed, though, will pay off big time in June in the event of injury (like last year) or the team needing a change (like starting Gerald Green against the Bulls).

And then Brad will do the same thing next year, and people will make the same complaints, then praise the unorthodox lineups in June. Rinse and repeat
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Suspect shooter Jaylen Brown.

Fantastic shooter Jamal Murray.

Should have listened to me and drafted Murray.