Author Topic: Really, Mods?  (Read 10639 times)

Re: Really, Mods?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the mods do a great job.   

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 07:54:02 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I just read through the first obama thread, that one agreed deserved a lock, havent started on the second one yet but looks like its back open.

Honestly I think the CE forums have gotten alot better since the temporary shut down and quicker trigger on thread locks so I got no problem with the mods trending towards the side of caution.

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 08:14:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i understand roy's locking.  redz confused me bc roy said if someone wanted to try again they could.

no biggie either way.  chances are it would have been locked anyway.  people cant discuss topics like that around here without breaking the rules or starting problems

first, let me say that the mods here do a great job. they perform the often thankless task of balancing heated debates with over-the-line diatribes...a difficult task since this line is both unclear and subjective.

while i would very much enjoy reading informed, intelligent, and insightful debates on current events on this blog, unfortunately most people on this earth are much more interested in confirming their pre-existing emotional preferences.

all in all, the mods are great here and cb is, over all, better for having them make the decisions they do.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Guys, all the mods are going to be in the other threads today making sure everything stays peaceful; We can do whatever we want in here! Let's talk about our crack pot theories and present it as fact!

The moon landing was a sham! JFK was a fraud of a President! Ronald Reagan was just a well disguised rat king! If you don't agree with me you're an idiot!

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
the mods are doing a great job and they are following my wishes to create an environment (mostly) free from personal attacks

they have my full support
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I agree the first thread should have been locked. I wouldn't have started the second thread without an okay. I know better than that.

Since when? ;)

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I agree the first thread should have been locked. I wouldn't have started the second thread without an okay. I know better than that.

Since when? ;)
Well.....I MOSTLY know better.  ;D

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Thanks mods for keeping this a great site to come and discuss hoops and other stuff with our fellow Celtics fans.

I know you guys and gals work hard to make this place safe and comfortable, while not stifling lively discussion.  I'm sure it ain't easy. 

Kudos. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 01:14:17 AM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Maybe we should have a 36 hour window where we can be vicious and vile about something/everything else other than our beloved C's getting embarrassed by Lebron tonight.    :-[

Everyone else who is positive can then spend their time writing uplifting things about our Celtics.  :D

I'll just avoid this thread if that's the case.  :-X
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nothing but love for the mods... I've been fairly warned many-a-time for pushing the boundaries of this forum... and when I'm inevitably banned for life, I'll only have myself to blame.  They run a tight ship here... but a fair ship.  They have their policies and they seem pretty consistent in enforcing them.

If the mods were petty, you would have stopped seeing my name about 3000 posts ago.