Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins  (Read 3040 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Cousins is an incredible talent.

And that is the problem. He might be too good to listen to the vets and the coach. He knows how good he is. Even some lesser players have turned a deaf ear to KG.

How many more years can Sac retain him on his rookie deal? Orlando ran out of leverage for Howard, so we can't really compare those deals unless Cousins is close to being an UFA.

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If they wanted a younger bad contract SF, we could take back Cousins/Salmons in return for Green, Melo, Sullinger, Pick.

I'd do a Green/Bass for Cousins/Salmons as fast as I could. I'd also give them 2 first round picks and throw in Sullinger if they insisted. Cousins is not as big of a knucklehead as people are making him out to be. He was on a team with a bad coach for him and with Tyreke Evans who is (in my opinion) a complete bust, talent and personality wise.

I'd trade Bradley for Cousins but I wouldn't like it. I'm really high on Avery and I'd like to keep him for the foreseeable future.

Yea, Im all set with giving up 3 key bench players and a 7 footer with athletic ability for a mental midget who has shown no signs of maturity.

I'm really not sure what to say if you think that the Celtics aren't getting a steal in that deal. Sacramento could get quite a bit more and I think "mental midget" is probably way off the mark. 16/10/2 in 30 minutes is pretty solid. On a good team his FG% goes up and his attitude gets better. He has the same disposition that John Wall does. They won their whole lives and then got drafted high and have lost for 3 years straight. It's a sour situation and not everyone is Kyrie Irving. Can you imagine Rondo on the Wizards?

Unfortunately we didn't pounce while the team was struggling and Cousins was SHAQtin a fool. Cousins is playing like a star player lately and I can't see the Kings giving him up until after his contract expires and he wants a max deal. If Cousins was ever available I'd throw everything but Rondo at him I think.

We are only getting the steal if he plays, and stops getting into trouble on and off the court, and grows up. This is a guy who already, at 22, has a reputation for not being able to take coaching and a nasty temper he doesn't have under control.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/demarcus-cousins-suspended_n_2117441.html

Also as that article points out, he shoots 46% from the floor. that's awful. Yes, he gets a double- double every night but look at his shooting efficiency.

You really want to give him 25 shots to score 20 points?

cousin's is good, he's not great. He has a very good ceiling, but so have alot of guys who come in with amazing athletic gifts and a ten cent head.

All i'm saying is im not giving up 3 bench guys, including our only SF backup plus a 7 footer to get him.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'm not sure if I'd love to get a player who demanded a trade at the age of 21 on my team.
He is extremely talented, but he could end up as the odd guy in a team if he doesn't change his attitude.

Zach Randolph could be a good example of this. He always had the talent, but until settling down in Memphis, he never really cared about anything but his own stats.
Now, you can see his will to win on the parquet.

That said, the kid is too young to be labeled as a lost case.
Then again, we don't have the pieces to negotiate with the Kings for a fair deal.
Kings will never be interested with the aforementioned packages.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm not sure if I'd love to get a player who demanded a trade at the age of 21 on my team.
He is extremely talented, but he could end up as the odd guy in a team if he doesn't change his attitude.

Zach Randolph could be a good example of this. He always had the talent, but until settling down in Memphis, he never really cared about anything but his own stats.
Now, you can see his will to win on the parquet.

That said, the kid is too young to be labeled as a lost case.
Then again, we don't have the pieces to negotiate with the Kings for a fair deal.
Kings will never be interested with the aforementioned packages.

I think Cousins and Randolph are incredibly similar players both on and off the court. If Cousins can look at Randolphs success and smarten up a little sooner he has the potential to have a brilliant career. I really think he needs to get out of the mess of an organization he is currently in to smarten himself up.