Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 113831 times)

Re: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
For Doncic watchers: Slovenia will play Spain on Sept 14 for a place in the Finals.

What time?

I'm trying to fall less in love with Doncic since we traded the Brooklyn pick, but that sounds like a great game to watch.

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
For Doncic watchers: Slovenia will play Spain on Sept 14 for a place in the Finals.

What time?

I'm trying to fall less in love with Doncic since we traded the Brooklyn pick, but that sounds like a great game to watch.
If we land the Lakers pick I’d bet Doncic would still be there. So it depends on how confident you are about getting that pick.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I had a laugh last year when people told me that Dragan Bender plays on a loaded team, doesn't get minutes like he will in the NBA, can guard 5 positions, etc.  It was obvious that he's not an NBA caliber athlete

That was sad, I recall all the hype too.   Europe has improved much but a lot of the their guys best asset is they are unknown.   That is what got Bender drafted higher than he should have been unknown and some potential.  I don't trust a guy until I see him play against NBA competition.

I think Ainge trades that pick to meet a need so I would not get your hopes up.

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
You cannot compare Bender's and Doncic's situations.
Both the same age, but Bender barely played for a good European team while Doncic is the star in one of the best Euroteams. Most of Real Madrid's game starts on him, he is much better than what numbers say.

Nothing to do.

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Both the same age, but Bender barely played for a good European team while Doncic is the star in one of the best Euroteams. Most of Real Madrid's game starts on him, he is much better than what numbers say.

Nothing to do.
Yeah, that gets lost on people. He's playing one arguably the best non-NBA team in the world, and playing a crucial role at that.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

What time?

21.30 (GMT +3). And it's Sept 17 not 14- I'll correct my original post too.

14 is the correct one... I should always double check info I see online  ::)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:04:19 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Another Luka fix.

Doncic scored 8 pts in the last 6 minutes in a tight game. Totals: 29 pts/9 rebs/2 assists/1 turnover.

This was against real basketball talent. Bertans, Goran Dragic, Porzingis, A. Randolph all on the floor for the game. This is better competition than anything in the NCAA or Summer League '17.

And please keep in mind that Luka still has another year to grow and develop.

http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/1209/Slovenia-Latvia#|tab=boxscore_statistics
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
This was against real basketball talent. Bertans, Goran Dragic, Porzingis, A. Randolph all on the floor for the game. This is better competition than anything in the NCAA or Summer League '17.

That's another thing people tend to forget.

Doncic will come to the NBA having played against FC Barcelona, Fenerbahce, Olympiakos, CSKA Moscow, Panathinaikos, Valencia, Milan, etc etc.

This is the best non-NBA competition and cannot be compared to NCAA or the Chinese League, to name a couple.

« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2017, 02:45:48 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Nothing to do.

If you go back and read some posts you ll be surprised ......
For example
Bender didn't get play time cause macabi had very good players and also the Israeli league is one of the best in the world ..... Someone even found a ranking where friendly tournaments ranked higher than eutoleague to prove it ..omg!

This season will be huge for Doncic. Llull will miss big part of the season so he will have to lead Real Madrid.

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2017, 03:02:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Another Luka fix.

Doncic scored 8 pts in the last 6 minutes in a tight game. Totals: 29 pts/9 rebs/2 assists/1 turnover.

And please keep in mind that Luka still has another year to grow and develop.

http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/1209/Slovenia-Latvia#|tab=boxscore_statistics

People keep forgetting all the time that Eurobasket and Euroleague competitions are 5 times harder than the NCAA.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
Doncic with 8 points, 5 ribaunds, 5 assists in the first half. Slovenia leads against Spain.

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Slovenia in the final, lead by a 18 years old Doncic, beating the great team of Spain 92-72. Doncic end up with 11 points 12 rebs 8 ast. I'm officially impressed

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
Slovenia in the final, lead by a 18 years old Doncic, beating the great team of Spain 92-72. Doncic end up with 11 points 12 rebs 8 ast. I'm officially impressed

And 0 turnovers. He is officially a beast and not draft eligible yet.

« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

What time?

Got stuck in a work meeting for the entire game.  Hopefully I'll find a replay.  Sounds like he was terrific!

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

What time?

Got stuck in a work meeting for the entire game.  Hopefully I'll find a replay.  Sounds like he was terrific!

17th september, the final, 14.30pm your time, if i'm not mistaken. Don't miss that game :)