Author Topic: Jr smith describes hurt of losing starting role  (Read 2597 times)

Re: Jr smith describes hurt of losing starting role
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 11:18:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I wonder how DRose would feel once IT takes the starting PG spot from him.

This will be an explosive situation also. Both rose and IT are entering free agency after the season and are not making a lot in NBA terms this season

It could be, but when Rose signed he was going to be the backup to Kyrie, so maybe it’ll be a little easier for him to move to the bench, since that’s what he signed on for.  Also, this assumes that Rose is himself healthy when IT is back, which is far from a guarantee.

This is not really true. Kyrie had already demanded a trade before rose signed. There was certainly a chance that the cavs got a point guard back for Irving in a trade (like they ultimately did), but other trade targets (porzingas, Parker & Middleton, spurs packages ) would not have included a starting PG role. It also came out that Rose was not interested in the Lakers offer because he was told he would come off the bench. If Rose is playing well and healthy (I know these are big ifs) I can't imagine he would handle losing his spot to IT 3-4 months before free agency.