Author Topic: Jr smith describes hurt of losing starting role  (Read 2596 times)

Jr smith describes hurt of losing starting role
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:12:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I've said this before on a few threads, Cleveland could definitely have some chemistry roles. I had actually been surprised that smith took losing his starting job so well. He was apparently upset http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21012692/jr-smith-taken-aback-cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-decision-start-dwyane-wade

Re: Jr smith describes hurt of losing starting role
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Wade should not be starting on that team period. He adds zero to that starting lineup. Just a matter of time until he gets injured again so it should sort itself out.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It sounds like he was more upset about being lied to. If your coach tells you one thing, and then reneges, I understand why there would be hard feelings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
It sounds like he was more upset about being lied to. If your coach tells you one thing, and then reneges, I understand why there would be hard feelings.

I also think he realizes, and he is no genius, that the starting 5 works better with JR in it. He is a better defender and floor spacer next to rose. Wade and Rose backcourt is the worst fit in the league (with possible exception of holiday and rondo).

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Wade should not be starting on that team period. He adds zero to that starting lineup. Just a matter of time until he gets injured again so it should sort itself out.

Yeah, I agree. I think Smith brings more of what they need, especially when IT comes back.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

That was the impression I was getting from Smith... Why even tell him he's starting... I felt like Smith would've been visibly upset, but understood. The fact they lied about it, while doing a complete 360, must've definitely hurt J.R. Smith's feelings.

Also, people have this misconception that Smith is a knuckle head or a bone head. He used to be. But he certainly changed his habits, and almost everyone that has played with him post Knicks era, has glowingly remarked about his improved work habits and work ethic.

Yeah, I agree. I think Smith brings more of what they need, especially when IT comes back.

A starting back court of Rose and Wade last year would've netted in a resounding top 7 lottery team lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Also doubtful Tristan Thompson is happy about coming off the bench so h r. Nor are Channing Frye and Kyle Korver, neither of whom will likely get off the bench much this season. Crowder relegates Korver to the pine.

Thompson, Frye, Korver, and the pick will be in every trade rumor this year.  IT and Wade have health concerns, and Rose is much diminished.  And Love will be protecting the paint. Haha. Lebron will demand the ball but someone else to be the ballhandler. (Lebron would love Rondo, yes?). It ends being the LBJ show, and he runs out of gas.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Sounds like assistant coach Lue over stepped his boundaries and didn't talk it over with Coach Lebron, and now Smith has the embarrassment of losing his starting job to Lebrons BFF.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:12 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I wonder how DRose would feel once IT takes the starting PG spot from him.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

And they're both playing for a contract and want to be paid. Not good.

They'll play together a good amount too no doubt. IT shoots better, so DRose probably has the ball with LBJ and Love on the floor, possibly with JR a lot, or Wade or Thompson, but the shooters will be on the floor most.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:56 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Volatile situation in Cleveland. Lebron and Wade will have their hands full managing ego's. I can imagine guys like Rose, IT, TT, Korver, and Smith all aren't thrilled right now.
- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 12:11:42 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Let's see what Coach LeBron will do now...with fights between the PG and SG starting positions.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 09:55:12 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

This will be an explosive situation also. Both rose and IT are entering free agency after the season and are not making a lot in NBA terms this season

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 10:03:20 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
Back when Memphis was new and Hubie Brown coached, he ran two strings and played them each 24 minutes.  Could the Cavs do that?  Imagine each of those players playing their ass off for 24 in the regular season. That might keep up with GSW.

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This will be an explosive situation also. Both rose and IT are entering free agency after the season and are not making a lot in NBA terms this season

It could be, but when Rose signed he was going to be the backup to Kyrie, so maybe it’ll be a little easier for him to move to the bench, since that’s what he signed on for.  Also, this assumes that Rose is himself healthy when IT is back, which is far from a guarantee.