Author Topic: Mchale vs Harden  (Read 3772 times)

Mchale vs Harden
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20947466/houston-rockets-james-harden-calls-former-coach-kevin-mchale-clown-criticisms

Anyone keeping up with this? Mchale came out and said Harden isn't a leader, and Harden now says mchale is a clown

Mchale was fired by the team as the rockets were rumored to be pressured by Harden to fire mchale

Re: Mchale vs Harden
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 10:01:33 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Well harden is not a leader. Leaders dont score 6points in an elimination game. Cp3 is the leader of that team now.

Mchale knows what it takes to be a leader

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Bias or not, I'm with McHale on this one.  Harden played like he was stoned at the most pivotal time in last year's playoffs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:03:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
McHale is correct.

Harden a leader?

1.) How did he do in that elimination game vs. San Antonio again?

2.) Isn't this the same guy who flops and cries for a foul EVERY SINGLE play?

3.) Does Harden play defense?

Also, if Harden really is a leader, I really don't think he should be calling someone "a clown", especially someone who is an NBA Champ. and is a HOF'er  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 12:00:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Honestly, I hate James Harden and he's the one whose a clown.

I really enjoyed watching Metta World Peace elbowing his brains out a few years ago.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 01:43:00 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'd like to hear what Kevin Garnett thinks about Kevin McHale as a mentor.

Oh, wait. We've already heard that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h4a2NwWAl0

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Hoping people remember this and boo harden like crazy when he plays here. What a jerk!

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
who would've thought i'd be thanking ron artest all these yrs. later...

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Not surprised these 2 didn't like each other He got Mchale fired after back to back 50+ win seasons while Harden was being a TMZ headliner with Amber Rose and  a Kardashian.
ok fine

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm not sure why everyone wants to jump in to bash Harden quite but okay.  I think two guys clearly had a disagreement over their time and that happens.  Harden is not a LeBron type leader but hardly anyone is.  Kevin Durant isn't either for example.

I love McHale as a player but as a coach there's stuff to criticize.  Harden too.

Anyways, McHale took the shot at him, someone he used to work with which personally I think is a little underhanded to do, he's allowed to shoot back.   It would say more to me if he didn't care.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:13:53 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Honestly, I hate James Harden and he's the one whose a clown.

I really enjoyed watching Metta World Peace elbowing his brains out a few years ago.

who would've thought i'd be thanking ron artest all these yrs. later...
https://youtu.be/YnayIPA0Yfk

There is no place for that stuff on the court. I dislike it.
This also reminds me of the overall sentiment, represented in majority, by the senior audience, that theese types of plays are a testiment to the old school, tough as nails, bravardo. Artest (who is a true tough dude) hit him there cause he knew he was an inferior basketball player. I could never approve the inferior skill level being the right example to follow. Especially when it includes inexcusable (not a retailation or prevention of) violence, with a potential head/brain injury (elbows are banned even in the UFC).

Harden is their leader. No doubt about that one. He took his team to the WCF twice as their best player. They were a lottery team before he came there.
He is not the leagues best leader, but thats not a knock on him. McHale dissed him right before, what Harden thinks, is his MVP year, after being a close 2nd twice. So naturaly, he defended himself. He used poor choice of words, a clown, to describe his ex coach, with whom he had success. That WCF in 2015 is KMs best coaching year too. We know Harden made McHale the ex and that they have some bad blood between them.

Basically this is a topic for the off season, not that integral and we will move on to real games in 2 days.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:31:17 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:32:11 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
he can be the MVP and not be a leader. he's the clown in this situation for not realizing that.

he's all style and no substance.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
he can be the MVP and not be a leader. he's the clown in this situation for not realizing that.

he's all style and no substance.

TP being the best statistical player on the team doesn't make you the leader.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sounds like McHale struck a chord with Harden and he got defensive.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20947466/houston-rockets-james-harden-calls-former-coach-kevin-mchale-clown-criticisms

Anyone keeping up with this? Mchale came out and said Harden isn't a leader, and Harden now says mchale is a clown

Mchale was fired by the team as the rockets were rumored to be pressured by Harden to fire mchale

To show you how news can become fake, I saw a twitter which said McHale had called Harden a "clown". I heard McHale say on that show he thought Harden was not a leader, but that Paul was a leader. To which I now read that it was Harden who called McHale a clown!

I recall such a reversal happened many years ago between Danny Ainge and Tree Rollins, when Danny was playing for Boston. They got in a fight, and Tree bit Danny on the ear. The media--it started in Philly, which hated the Celtics--still do--reversed it and had Danny biting Tree's ear! It quickly became folklore that way.

So happened to Schilling of the Red Sox, where that bloody sock was declared a fake by the Orioles broadcaster during a game--Gary Thorne. Thorne should have been fired for that. Anybody who saw it knows that was a lie. And Blyleven actually repeated it on the air broadcasting a game.

So the next time some politician complains about "fake news", be mindful that it does occur--especially in sports.