Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 413221 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1425 on: April 25, 2019, 11:31:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All right here's my stupid theory for the day:

I'm pretty sure Daenerys is gonna do at least a partial villain or Mad King turn here down the stretch, probably before a final redemption via sacrificing herself. And she's just found out that Jon is the real heir AND where his proof comes from.

So my prediction is that next episode she's gonna kill or try to kill Bran and Sam. Bran she could easily just torch when the Night King comes for him and claim/rationalize that killing the Night King was too important (NK will probably get away though).

Sam will be trickier but if the crypts go to hell there'd be opportunities to take him out in the chaos, maybe claim he had already been killed and turned. My gut is that he might survive to tell Jon about it though, or Jon will find a clue on his corpse.

« Reply #1426 on: April 25, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think Martin is killing his proxy in the story who seems to be set to write the in universe version of the book series.

« Reply #1427 on: April 25, 2019, 11:42:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I don't think Martin is killing his proxy in the story who seems to be set to write the in universe version of the book series.

That's partly why I think he'd survive it. But unless he has what the show runners think is an essential plot action coming it's not really up to Martin any more.

I also think it'd be more a case of opportunity presents itself to Daenerys and she takes it than deliberately plotting ahead of time. It seems at minimum like trying to torch Bran and the Night King together would be both an option she'd find herself with and would look like a very tempting way to fix a lot of problems at once.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:49:54 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #1428 on: April 25, 2019, 11:42:49 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I am not sure Martin has any say on it.

« Reply #1429 on: April 25, 2019, 12:11:46 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

They asked him for the end state of the story, along with essential beats. I'd imagine Sam's fate is one of the few he has pretty set that hasn't changed much over the years.

« Reply #1430 on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

They asked him for the end state of the story, along with essential beats. I'd imagine Sam's fate is one of the few he has pretty set that hasn't changed much over the years.
He also knows how the show ends and has said it generally conforms with what he intends for the books.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1431 on: April 25, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

He also knows how the show ends and has said it generally conforms with what he intends for the books.

Generally...... In the series have been more important deviations from the books than that. Who afterwards writes about it is not that important.

« Reply #1432 on: April 25, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

I'm pretty sure Daenerys is gonna do at least a partial villain or Mad King turn here down the stretch, probably before a final redemption via sacrificing herself. And she's just found out that Jon is the real heir AND where his proof comes from.

So my prediction is that next episode she's gonna kill or try to kill Bran and Sam. Bran she could easily just torch when the Night King comes for him and claim/rationalize that killing the Night King was too important (NK will probably get away though).

Sam will be trickier but if the crypts go to hell there'd be opportunities to take him out in the chaos, maybe claim he had already been killed and turned. My gut is that he might survive to tell Jon about it though, or Jon will find a clue on his corpse.

TP for the daily prediction!  I can definitely see Daenerys doing something irrational and evil, although I don't personally see her killing Sam.

Hmm, I guess my crazy theory would be that Bran is flown away to the God's Eye island by Daenerys (towards the end of the winterfell battle) to meet with the remaining children of the forest and the weirwood trees, while John & Arya stay behind to retreat and try to slow down the night king.

One question I'm hoping we get answered is - where the hell is Howland Reed, Myra's father?  He can confirm John's background, and has purposely only devoted his family (Myra & Jojen) to servicing Bran w/o even trying to come to help Robb, Ned, etc.  He also has been to the God's eye and is a magic user.  I hope he shows up soon.

« Reply #1433 on: April 25, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

TP for the daily prediction!  I can definitely see Daenerys doing something irrational and evil, although I don't personally see her killing Sam.

Hmm, I guess my crazy theory would be that Bran is flown away to the God's Eye island by Daenerys (towards the end of the winterfell battle) to meet with the remaining children of the forest and the weirwood trees, while John & Arya stay behind to retreat and try to slow down the night king.

One question I'm hoping we get answered is - where the hell is Howland Reed, Myra's father?  He can confirm John's background, and has purposely only devoted his family (Myra & Jojen) to servicing Bran w/o even trying to come to help Robb, Ned, etc.  He also has been to the God's eye and is a magic user.  I hope he shows up soon.

It doesn't feel as though the show has laid the foundation for the Reeds to play a part in how the show wraps things up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Howland Reed ends up playing a part in the books (assuming they're ever released).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1434 on: April 25, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It doesn't feel as though the show has laid the foundation for the Reeds to play a part in how the show wraps things up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Howland Reed ends up playing a part in the books (assuming they're ever released).
He was at the Tower of Joy, so he may show up at some point in the show, but it almost certainly would be after the Night King battle. 

As for Dany, I've been thinking and saying for awhile she is going to do something that is going to force Jon to kill her and that will fulfill his prophecy giving him the ability to kill the Night King.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1435 on: April 25, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I expect the drama of Jon being a Targaryen to play out after the battle.  Really don't see how the storytelling so far supports Dany turning villain.  They played up how because of her love for Jon that Dany diverted from her Iron Throne quest to support Jon in stopping the Night King.  She finds out right before the battle and Jon doesn't give any indication that he's going to press his claim.  Even if he did, there's not going to be an outpouring of support for him.  Dany would still have the Unsullied, Dothraki and the dragons.  The more obvious play for Dany would be to propose marriage.  Jon could be the King of the North while Dany rules the South. 

If she were to want to eliminate the threat, killing Jon would be the most straightforward and effective move.  Few people would give any weight to Bran's three eyed raven visions especially since he's "Jon's brother".  Few people would give any weight to Sam's claims since he's Jon's friend without the Citadel documents.  She could just destroy the documents. 

« Reply #1436 on: April 25, 2019, 02:31:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

The idea makes sense in the book world but the Gods' Eye island has barely been mentioned in the show - according to a Wiki I just looked at it has literally one mention in Season 1 and strictly as a location. They'd have to introduce it and get viewers up to speed fast to bring it in. I suppose a map/info in the crypts would be the quickest way to do that.

I think one way or another Bran's either gonna get it this episode or get flown away to draw off the Night King. If it's a crushing defeat he probably dies as part of it as the most powerful force on their side. It just seems like Dany being the one to do it furthers the plot in some important ways.

But maybe my #1 question is: will we finally see some em-effing ICE SPIDERS??? I've been waiting since the 2nd episode!

« Reply #1437 on: April 25, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I haven't read the books, so I'm really not up on a lot of things as many of you guys are, but Im confused about the predictions of Bran dying.

Isn't that what the Night King wants so he can erase all human memory? So why would that happen?

« Reply #1438 on: April 25, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Little man talked to Bran..tyrion is very quiet chillin and drinkin..he know whats goin down

« Reply #1439 on: April 25, 2019, 07:20:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

he knows whats up