Author Topic: Sox Opener Postponed  (Read 2796 times)

Sox Opener Postponed
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:50:32 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Larry Lucchino just announced on WEEI that the game is going to be postponed until tomorrow.  No link yet.

Re: Sox Opener Postponed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:56:46 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Larry Lucchino just announced on WEEI that the game is going to be postponed until tomorrow.  No link yet.

This is the right call, and props to the Sox front office for actually doing it now before many people would get in there and spend all their money. This is uncharacteristically benevolent of the front office.

That being said, this SUCKS haha. I've been waiting since October, and it feels like forever already. It's only a day, I guess.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
Definitely the right call.  Not looking so good outside right now and I heard the forecast is going to get worse as the day progresses.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:10:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

That being said, this SUCKS haha. I've been waiting since October, and it feels like forever already. It's only a day, I guess.

I actually prefer this.  The day off after opening day always drives me nuts.  Now they jump right into the season. 

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Red Sox?

Now?

It's still Celtic Season all the time baby.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

I actually prefer this.  The day off after opening day always drives me nuts.  Now they jump right into the season. 

I agree.  It's such a long day off, especially if they lose.  I'm also glad they called it so early.  Didn't get the opening day ceremonies or anything like that started, don't waste the aces by starting the game then calling it after a few innings. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Red Sox?

Now?

It's still Celtic Season all the time baby.

I'm with you on that.  If you thought WEEI was talking Red Sox during the whole Sox offseason and barely mentioned the Celtics even though they are in season, just think of how much Celtics talk there will be now that the Sox season has actually started. :-\
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 12:16:45 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I actually thought the game was on Tuesday anyways, so this doesn't affect me. I too am happy we won't have to deal with that awful day off between game 1 and game 2 now. Good move!

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 06:47:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Well it may have been postponed, but I was happy with the outcome today (a W).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I would love to have back the Beckett of 07 back.  He's not old enough to say today was a "vintage" performance, but he definitely looked better than he did last year.  If he's healthy and has his A game for most of the year and more importantly the playoffs he could put us over the top for another World Series win.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."