Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948561 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3030 on: February 10, 2020, 10:22:28 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Zombieland Double Tap.  liked it quite a bit - admittedly loved the first one.  had some plot points I thought weren't particularly good but overall I enjoyed it.

Knives Out.  nice little murder mystery. 

« Reply #3031 on: February 10, 2020, 01:15:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
.Without spoilers, has anybody seen Parasite?  What sets it apart?  It seems to be getting almost universal acclaim.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3032 on: February 10, 2020, 01:33:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
.Without spoilers, has anybody seen Parasite?  What sets it apart?  It seems to be getting almost universal acclaim.

It's an extended allegory for class conflict that doesn't demonize either class (they're all kinda dumbasses). Some characters are worse than others but there are no real villains, everyone is humanized (with maybe one exception). It's also very funny with a lot of striking moments and a couple of decent twists.

I wouldn't gush over it as much as some fans do but it's very enjoyable and well made. A deserving Best Picture.

« Reply #3033 on: February 10, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

It's an extended allegory for class conflict that doesn't demonize either class (they're all kinda dumbasses). Some characters are worse than others but there are no real villains, everyone is humanized (with maybe one exception). It's also very funny with a lot of striking moments and a couple of decent twists.

I wouldn't gush over it as much as some fans do but it's very enjoyable and well made. A deserving Best Picture.

Agree with the above - I did love it, would watch again, and recommend it.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #3034 on: February 10, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Saw this classic on Saturday...hard to believe this is over 5 years old..

Quite powerful.

« Reply #3035 on: February 10, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
New Terminator was pretty good actually..best since T2 (7 out of 10)....Harley Quinn was ok, boring at start but got good halfway (6 out of 10)
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3036 on: February 15, 2020, 01:31:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
New Terminator was pretty good actually..best since T2 (7 out of 10)....Harley Quinn was ok, boring at start but got good halfway (6 out of 10)
good to know - they were the next 2 movies I was interested in seeing

« Reply #3037 on: February 15, 2020, 05:28:46 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Not the usual kinda movies for this board but...

Yesterday. Down on his luck singer songwriter becomes the only one to remember the Beatles. Funny, cute, well acted.

Okja. Gonna make you look this one up on your own.... Surprisingly good, especially first half.

« Reply #3038 on: February 15, 2020, 08:27:13 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Yesterday. Down on his luck singer songwriter becomes the only one to remember the Beatles. Funny, cute, well acted.

Okja. Gonna make you look this one up on your own.... Surprisingly good, especially first half.

That was a fun one.

I saw JoJo Rabbit last night.  It was one of the movies that makes you glad there are people who make movies.  A really creative way of getting across a different perspective of a well established train of thought.
Yup

« Reply #3039 on: February 15, 2020, 08:42:41 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

That was a fun one.

I saw JoJo Rabbit last night.  It was one of the movies that makes you glad there are people who make movies.  A really creative way of getting across a different perspective of a well established train of thought.

JoJo Rabbit was fantastic! Prolly the best movie I’ve seen in awhile.

You saw Yesterday or Okja?

« Reply #3040 on: February 17, 2020, 12:03:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

That was a fun one.

JoJo Rabbit was fantastic! Prolly the best movie I’ve seen in awhile.

You saw Yesterday or Okja?
yesterday

Yup

« Reply #3041 on: February 17, 2020, 12:28:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ma.  A horror movie without any scares. The lead actress was great, but the plot sucked even moreso than the average horror film.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3042 on: February 17, 2020, 11:23:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Birds of Prey.  not bad.  not great.  will say the ending made sense for the main characters though.

« Reply #3043 on: February 18, 2020, 12:40:18 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Lighthouse. Willem Dafoe is basically playing the Sea Captain from the Simpsons. He and Robert Pattinson are working together in an isolated 19th century lighthouse and they are losing their minds. It's not for everyone - the dialogue is not modernized at all - but it's a really bizarre and fun horror movie. And it's the closest I've ever seen a movie come to capturing the old Ren+Stimpy Space Madness vibe.

The Color Out of Space. Nicolas Cage in a Lovecraft adaptation had me hoping for something more the caliber of Mandy but it was just pretty good. Solid body horror and weird cosmic monster effects but the plot was a little uneven and it looked like they ran out of money for some of the later scenes and had to cut away early. And the voice Cage does was a very odd choice. Definitely worth a watch though.

« Reply #3044 on: February 22, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Thought-provoking, heart-warming and well-done movie about a strong woman's search for truth and a better life for her son.

Seems like - all too often - the better movies are not shown enough on television.