Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 958645 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3075 on: March 13, 2020, 11:39:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

that thang..

*sippin*
terrific series.  they covered all 3 books.  not sure if they'll bring it back and go into uncharted territory with the characters

« Reply #3076 on: March 14, 2020, 02:37:27 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I went back and re-watched Contagion last night.

Fascinated by the parallels between it and our situation today. Obviously Contagion's airborne pathogen was 5x more lethal than Covid-19 and much more transmissible being an aerosolized virus, but it was interesting to look at the similarities in the government responses to limit the spread, as well as the impact of those government actions on the general population. Also the "fake news" people with lots of followers who take advantage of the situation by spreading misinformation for their own personal benefit. Soderbergh did his research when it came to that. Hopefully we don't end up with breakdown of law and order like what happened in that movie.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3077 on: March 14, 2020, 07:32:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Saw this classic again this morning...memories of a rich childhood.

Two very different species - once bitter enemies - forced to work TOGETHER in order to survive.

The struggle IS real - and continues to this very day.

« Reply #3078 on: March 14, 2020, 07:35:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Saw this sleeper the other day...hit home a bit.

IMO Nick Cannon's finest performance.

« Reply #3079 on: March 15, 2020, 11:31:06 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Just started Rewatching
https://youtu.be/0e64sPHWnsY

It’s crazy the parallels between the movie and now

« Reply #3080 on: March 16, 2020, 01:34:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Been watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Very entertaining.

It's one of those "inspired by actual events" type of tales about a fictional character Uhtred, who helped the very non-fictional character, King Alfred the Great of Wessex, overcome the invading Danish Vikings.

No great acting. But the story is compelling and there are lots of good action/fight/battle scenes. And Uhtred is a very likable character. So overall, good stuff.

« Reply #3081 on: March 16, 2020, 01:36:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Been watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Very entertaining.

It's one of those "inspired by actual events" type of tales about a fictional character Uhtred, who helped the very non-fictional character, King Alfred the Great of Wessex, overcome the invading Danish Vikings.

No great acting. But the story is compelling and there are lots of good action/fight/battle scenes. And Uhtred is a very likable character. So overall, good stuff.
Yeah, been watching The Last Kingdom since it first came out. I'm a big fan. Any fans of Vikings have to watch it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3082 on: March 16, 2020, 08:49:35 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Check out "Cheer" on Netflix.  Best way I could describe it is "Hoop Dreams" meets competitive college cheerleading.  Really compelling stuff.

« Reply #3083 on: March 16, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched:
-X-Men - Dark Phoenix.  when it came out, thought for sure this would kill the X-men franchise but the movie was better than I expected it to be.
- Ford vs Ferrari -- very good movie.
- Fast & Furious --  Hobbs & Shaw.  dumb but action packed.  about what you'd expect from F&F franchise right now.

« Reply #3084 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:35 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Saw Spencer on Netflix. I was interested mostly because a lot of the scenes were filmed at Malden but it was actually a lot more entertained then I expected. Good action without guns, funny scenes, fun characters... Not a movie to take seriously and everything is pretty convenient, but I was throughly entertained.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3085 on: March 16, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Saw Spencer on Netflix. I was interested mostly because a lot of the scenes were filmed at Malden but it was actually a lot more entertained then I expected. Good action without guns, funny scenes, fun characters... Not a movie to take seriously and everything is pretty convenient, but I was throughly entertained.
Watched the movie, but being from Boston, you get to rip apart the plot.

It was a story about Boston cops and setting up crime ridden stuff at Wonderland. Well, Wonderland is in Revere so Boston cops wouldn't be involved.

Also, when filming scenes at Wonderland, they weren't at the real Wonderland. That bugged me.

And I would love to see where all these wooded areas are in Boston proper that they were showing people driving in when on its way to Wonderland.

But, plot and setting problems aside, it was decent fun.

« Reply #3086 on: March 16, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
The wife and I recently binged The Godfather films again.  Geeze, those first two chapters are still so good.  The 3rd film is good, but not as great as the first two.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #3087 on: March 16, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Babysitter on Netflix. Good dumb goofy horror comedy fun and the lead actress is smoking hot until you find out she's Agent Smith from the Matrix's niece and suddenly it's all you can see in her face and it just becomes a weird tossed salad of reactions.

« Reply #3088 on: March 16, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Binge watching Kingdom on Netflix.

Good mini series that just started its season 2..

Each season only 6 episodes so pretty easy to catch up.

Walking dead but better imo.

« Reply #3089 on: March 16, 2020, 09:42:45 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I went back and re-watched Contagion last night.

Fascinated by the parallels between it and our situation today. Obviously Contagion's airborne pathogen was 5x more lethal than Covid-19 and much more transmissible being an aerosolized virus, but it was interesting to look at the similarities in the government responses to limit the spread, as well as the impact of those government actions on the general population. Also the "fake news" people with lots of followers who take advantage of the situation by spreading misinformation for their own personal benefit. Soderbergh did his research when it came to that. Hopefully we don't end up with breakdown of law and order like what happened in that movie.

I also found Contagion really cool to watch in the past week.  A well done movie.

I also watched the movie Outbreak afterwards, which on the other hand, was cringingly horrible.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur