Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Cavaliers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/19/18  (Read 51689 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Cavaliers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/19/18
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
"Passing the torch game"
Let's win this one!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

James Capers -  This is Capers second game with the Celtics in these playoffs. He called game 5 vs the Sixers and let them play both ways.  He missed a few calls but it wasn't one sided.    In the past he has been good in some and bad in some.  He doesn't have a lot of controversy around him, however.   His home W/L record this season is 49-17.  He calls an average of 41.3 fouls per game with 48% of those calls on the home team. 

Josh Tiven - Tiven called Game 7 vs the Bucks and did a decent job, letting them play and not calling it one sided.  He lives in Connecticut and he has a twin brother who is a big Celtics fan and who has been shown in the crowd at the Garden when Tiven was officiating. His home W/L record this season is 34-29.    As with most of the referees, on any given night he can be good or he can be very bad.   Hopefully we get the good tonight.

Zach Zarba - This is Zarba's second playoff game with the Celtics.  He called Game 5 vs Philadelphia with Capers.   As with the other refs, sometimes he is good and sometimes he isn't so good but there isn't a lot of controversy surrounding him.   His home W/L record this season is 30-37.  He calls an average of 37.6 fouls per game with 52.2% called on the home team. 

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I'm genuinely curious how one guy can be 30-39 and another 49-17 for the home team. Is it because one guy gets more home games with top teams?

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Feeling surprisingly stress-free. I can comfortably say I had no expectations of this team taking two games from Cleveland to begin with. I think the only way I'd be somewhat disappointed, and given the original odds, I'm not sure how I could be, is if they don't win at least one more game.

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 06:27:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Feeling surprisingly stress-free. I can comfortably say I had no expectations of this team taking two games from Cleveland to begin with. I think the only way I'd be somewhat disappointed, and given the original odds, I'm not sure how I could be, is if they don't win at least one more game.

I'm nervous already  :-\ I went into this series stress free because I thought they had already exceeded expectations by getting this far. But they just keep raising the bar, all through these playoffs. Now they are on the cusp of the Finals, the Cavs are ripe for the taking, I want our young team of worldshockers to make it!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 06:31:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Official Report

James Capers -  This is Capers second game with the Celtics in these playoffs. He called game 5 vs the Sixers and let them play both ways.  He missed a few calls but it wasn't one sided.    In the past he has been good in some and bad in some.  He doesn't have a lot of controversy around him, however.   His home W/L record this season is 49-17.  He calls an average of 41.3 fouls per game with 48% of those calls on the home team. 

Josh Tiven - Tiven called Game 7 vs the Bucks and did a decent job, letting them play and not calling it one sided.  He lives in Connecticut and he has a twin brother who is a big Celtics fan and who has been shown in the crowd at the Garden when Tiven was officiating. His home W/L record this season is 34-29.    As with most of the referees, on any given night he can be good or he can be very bad.   Hopefully we get the good tonight.

Zach Zarba - This is Zarba's second playoff game with the Celtics.  He called Game 5 vs Philadelphia with Capers.   As with the other refs, sometimes he is good and sometimes he isn't so good but there isn't a lot of controversy surrounding him.   His home W/L record this season is 30-37.  He calls an average of 37.6 fouls per game with 52.2% called on the home team.

Long as it's not Scott Foster or Tony Brothers I'll be happy
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 06:36:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Feel like it will be a Cleveland blowout or a close Celtics win.

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Official Report

Thank you for the great report!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Hate to be this cynical, but I can't see the NBA allowing LeBron to go down 3-0. This will be an easy Cavs win with a massive foul discrepancy

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hate to be this cynical, but I can't see the NBA allowing LeBron to go down 3-0. This will be an easy Cavs win with a massive foul discrepancy

I expect Boston to be in high foul trouble early and Lebron shooting 15 plus free throws. I just can’t believe the Cavs not getting the benefit of every call

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

I expect Boston to be in high foul trouble early and Lebron shooting 15 plus free throws. I just can’t believe the Cavs not getting the benefit of every call
Debby downer.   You might be right though................

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
and if the "woe is us for the nba would never let STAR PLAYER fall too far behind the celtics" doesnt work out? what if the celtics actually walk away from cleveland with the series 3-1 or a sweep?

then, finally, will people stop spouting such things?? or will we simply see it updated once more as for the series with GSW it was for milwauke, philly, and cleveland?

let's watch the game, cheer on our celtics, and have fun....it's all house money folks.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't see the cavs or a LeBron team getting swept even if the refs aren't involved or if the NBA is looking to extend the series.

so with that in mind, if there was ever a game the cavs were going to win in this series it's gotta be this one. if this team is down 0-3 they'll fold quickly in gm 4.

I fully expect this to be a foul-filled game in the cavs favor. it's inevitable.

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Official Report

thanks for the update and info flc. and thanks for another terrific game thread. tp once more.

celtics win this one folks!!!!!!!! enjoy the game, enjoy the win!!!!!!  ;D

goooooooooooooo celtics!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
It's going to be ROUGH.

it's going to be TOUGH, tonight.

Do NOT QUIT and KEEP FIGHTING.

Take CLE's best shots and PUNCH THEM BACK IN THE MOUTH, BOSTON!!!!