Author Topic: Ike threatening Houston, stay safe Texan Celtic fans.  (Read 8945 times)

Ike threatening Houston, stay safe Texan Celtic fans.
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:50:45 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
A few weeks ago it was Gustav and now we have massive, massive Hurricane Ike barreling toward a great American city, Houston. Hopefully the good people of Gavelston and Houston have learned their lessons from Rita, Katrina, and some of the infamous hurricanes that have hit there over the last century or so.

Please, be smart and be safe and get out of this storms way.

I only hope the oil companies down there don't take a hit. I don't think my household budget can take much more from my home heating bill going up and up this winter. I just can't believe my gas bill to heat the house could be approaching 400-500 dollars a month this winter.

Anyway, my prayers will once again be with those in the Gulf this weekend and maybe with enough prayers we can get this hurricane to move to an area were the vast majority of people's lives and livelihoods will be least effected like with Gustav.

Re: Ike threatening Houston, stay safe Texan Celtic fans.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I live in Houston. Hurricane haven't hit us yet, but I definitely see signs of it coming. I chose not to evacuate, I'm going to ride this one out. Got all my supplies for this hurricane at Wal-Mart and staying at a friends house for now since my apartment would probably not be the safest place to stay at. I was actually playing basketball outside yesterday with a couple of my friends when dark clouds came and started to pour and the wind suddenly strengthen so we dropped our basketballs and ran home. It was crazy. New to all this hurricane thing, never seen one before since I lived in Boston all my life so all I saw were snow storms.

Thanks Nick.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I live in Houston. Hurricane haven't hit us yet, but I definitely see signs of it coming. I chose not to evacuate, I'm going to ride this one out. Got all my supplies for this hurricane at Wal-Mart and staying at a friends house for now since my apartment would probably not be the safest place to stay at. I was actually playing basketball outside yesterday with a couple of my friends when dark clouds came and started to pour and the wind suddenly strengthen so we dropped our basketballs and ran home. It was crazy. New to all this hurricane thing, never seen one before since I lived in Boston all my life so all I saw were snow storms.

Thanks Nick.

Hmm... Going to a College in Houston?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Thanks Nick.

Nope. Moved here because my uncle just opened a business so I'm working for him, right now.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Thanks Nick.

Good luck man, stay indoors and away from windows, prefrably in a basement with sturdy foundations. we only got one up here in my time on the cape, Bob, and it wasent near as bad as whats going to hit you guys.

Post as soon as you can after it passes so we know your ok.

I'll be thinking of ya while is hitting you guys :(
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

Thanks Nick.

Nope. Moved here because my uncle just opened a business so I'm working for him, right now.

That's cool. Well good luck BATF, be safe man.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BigAl

Be smart, be safe, and good luck! As crownsy said, as so as it is humanly possible, let us all know you're okay. All our prayers go out to you. Your Celticsblog family will be thinking of you.

Nick.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Thanks guys. Well, it's now starting to rain a bit. I was just outside, winds not too bad, yet. I'll keep you guys updated if anything else happens.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Winds just got a lot stronger.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 04:46:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Winds just got a lot stronger.

:( thats not good, doppler still has it a ways out
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Hang in there!

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
BigAl, tell Ike leave y'all alone and come to Austin. We haven't had a good breeze down here in six months.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Big Al, first off be safe.  My best wishes go to you and everyone affected.

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:07 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Update: After 2 and a half hours without electricity, it finally came back on. It will probably turn off again but I just came on here to let you guys know. What scares me is that the hurricane haven't even fully came to here, yet, and there are already strong winds.

Thanks again everyone.

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
How are things going Big Al? Hope everything is okay. In the mass this morning we prayed for you guys in Texas.