Author Topic: trade idea:Celts/Lakers/Suns  (Read 1566 times)

trade idea:Celts/Lakers/Suns
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Rondo the Lakers for Nash/Randle/Rockets 2015 no 1 pick.

Then, Jeff Green/Brandon Bass/Keith Bogans/Joel Anthony to
Suns for Eric Bledsoe/Emeka Okafor (both players signed and traded.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:43:28 AM by gpap »

Re: BORED trade idea:Celts/Lakers/Suns
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no, just no.

you really want to ship Rondo out for peanuts don't you.

Laker deal robs Boston.  Nash is negative value--just contract filler.  Randle is another PF with major flaws in his game, especially his D.  add him to the backlog.  Houston pick will be well outside the lottery--low 20's.  why  would you ever think this deal helps the C's? 

Phx deal is shortchanging PHX.  they're giving up the best player in Bledsoe for 3 role players, only 2 of which could crack their rotation.  granted Okafor fills our center spot but he's well past his prime and we're not contending for even a playoff spot with the roster you created.  what's the point of acquiring him?  Bledsoe is a level below Rondo so we're an even worse team next year.  is the goal of these trades to really tank?  not to mention Bledsoe will be a lot more expensive than Rondo next year after he signs. 

no thanks.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:24:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
no, just no.

Laker deal robs Boston.  Nash is negative value--just contract filler.  Randle is another PF with major flaws in his game, especially his D.  add him to the backlog.  Houston pick will be well outside the lottery--low 20's.  why  would you ever think this deal helps the C's? 

Phx deal is shortchanging PHX.  they're giving up the best player in Bledsoe for 3 role players, only 2 of which could crack their rotation.  granted Okafor fills our center spot but he's well past his prime and we're not contending for even a playoff spot with the roster you created.  what's the point of acquiring him?  Bledsoe is a level below Rondo so we're an even worse team next year.  is the goal of these trades to really tank?  not to mention Bledsoe will be a lot more expensive than Rondo next year after he signs. 

no thanks.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:43:49 AM by gpap »

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So BORED is an excuse to voice silly things and post inane trades?  I bet you get invited to all the parties.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no, just no.

no thanks.

Actually, I really don't.

You take these trade threads way too seriously (you must've missed the BORED part of the title.)
I get the 'bored' part but is that a reason to post a bad, bad trade.

As for the trading Rondo part, seems almost every post of yours I've read in a trade scenario or C's future/assets thread is all for shipping him out for the sake of shipping him out.  not looking to make an issue of it but that is the impression your posts provide.  if that's not what you're trying to convey, that's fine.  I'll read your future posts with that in mind.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
no, just no.

no thanks.

Actually, I really don't.

You take these trade threads way too seriously (you must've missed the BORED part of the title.)
I get the 'bored' part but is that a reason to post a bad, bad trade.

As for the trading Rondo part, seems almost every post of yours I've read in a trade scenario or C's future/assets thread is all for shipping him out for the sake of shipping him out.  not looking to make an issue of it but that is the impression your posts provide.  if that's not what you're trying to convey, that's fine.  I'll read your future posts with that in mind.

No problem.

I would MUCH rather keep Rondo and build around him.

I just don't know if Ainge will acquire another all-star to team with him before his impending free agency.

Actually, what sorta led to this idea are these 2 articles I read yesterday.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/08/boston_celtics_free_agency_rum_18.html

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/latest-on-rajon-rondo-3.html