Author Topic: Last 2 minute report Lakers Game  (Read 3890 times)

Re: Last 2 minute report Lakers Game
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 04:39:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Here's the thing, though....

NBA officials "ARE" among the best in the game....when they "WANT" to be..

As long as the game was close it should've been apparent to us that the calls were going to go AGAINST BOS...and they did.

Any time the analysts commenting on the game can see things the refs can't see then you know something is up.

Fans aren't dumb.

The only solace we can take away from the game is that we are DEFINITELY among the elite in  the game - with our roster AS IS....

After blowing LAL out in BOS - with their FULL roster and OUR full roster...we take the LAL to the last minute IN LA.....without our All-Star starting PG......but they had the stripes on their side....

That was plain to see, to me at least. And I complain about the officiating VERY LITTLE on here.

Here you go, NBA - fine ME.

Asking for a friend, could you kindly please make that check bigger for scientific purposes?  :angel:

But I agree, there's nothing worse than some home cooking, but we proved we can hang with them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Davis over the back of 2 players plus he hit ball out of bounds first..if we all could see it on replay, why couldn’t refs??? Hmmmm
The ball hit ADs pinkie last, but on the way out, after that, it DID graze Brown's hand and change directions.  So, that ball was correctly called out on Brown.  I watched it over and over on replay.  The broadcast wasn't focused on that ... their bad.

I don't care - I am over it, and am confident we are contenders this year, but you are literally the only person I have seen who has said this. It has been pretty common knowledge - even from the commentators - that it went off of AD's pinky.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »

Offline yelkao

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 17
Davis over the back of 2 players plus he hit ball out of bounds first..if we all could see it on replay, why couldn’t refs??? Hmmmm
The ball hit ADs pinkie last, but on the way out, after that, it DID graze Brown's hand and change directions.  So, that ball was correctly called out on Brown.  I watched it over and over on replay.  The broadcast wasn't focused on that ... their bad.

I don't care - I am over it, and am confident we are contenders this year, but you are literally the only person I have seen who has said this. It has been pretty common knowledge - even from the commentators - that it went off of AD's pinky.

I thought they were focusing on AD’s pinky when they didn’t need to be. The ball hit someone else after so that part of the play didn’t matter. It was just an error by the broadcast to be focused on that.

The Jaylen Brown out of bounds call earlier that wasn’t even close is pretty frustrating. But so were the 4 missed layups and the bad turnovers.

In any case, I love this team and really believe they are true contenders.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Just a reminder: over-the-back is not a foul in basketball. You are allowed to reach over someone's back to get a rebound. Look it up.

If you push player or grab their arms that's a foul. But typically on rebounds both players jump for the ball and there is contact by both in the air. They do a fairly good job not calling these.

It looked like Davis's elbow landed on Brown's head.  That's a foul imo.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Best thing about this game is how the Celtics players, especially the younger guys, played on full steam ahead despite these bad calls, instead of getting bogged down in complaining and getting their heads out of the game.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 05:02:12 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Pushing Tatum out of bounds was bad call. But there were some easy-called fouls on Tatum as well.  Generaly, very bad officiating, on both sides. Still, I believe Hayward's missed lay-up on 110-108 50 secs to go was the key moment.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 05:44:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
NBA’s Last 2 Minute Report says refs pitched a perfect game over final 120 seconds of Celtics-Lakers.

We all know this is a load of BS.  Sometimes pro-Wrestling is less than fake than the NBA.

It was bad the announcers knew it,  and the one ref had an anti-Celtic Bias.  The guy who T'ed up CBS.   This is the one sport where they have the most replays and still make the wrong call.   The ball on the over the back play was clearly off Davis.

Best thing about this game is how the Celtics players, especially the younger guys, played on full steam ahead despite these bad calls, instead of getting bogged down in complaining and getting their heads out of the game.

Grant Williams must have not got the memo about not complaining.