Author Topic: Celtics (38-26) at Kings (31-31) Game #66 3/6/19  (Read 34645 times)

Re: Celtics (38-26) at Kings (31-31) Game #66 3/6/19
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2019, 06:40:49 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am just getting into my hotel after the game and a late night meal. Wow what an experience that was awesome. It was really cool to see everything up close I had great seats. Brad giving Smart some tough love yanking him a few possessions, Kyrie encouraging and bringing him back up. Smarts defense is just amazing to see in person he is a [dang] hawk his defensive IQ and instincts are amazing. As I was saying earlier Mike Zarren was just chilling in normal seats like 2 rows beside me. I wanted to hit him up to take a picture but he was chatting it up with a couple dudes, I didn’t want to intrude. Headband Tatum was clutch he looks even smoother in person. The players are massive and freak athletes but the game is a lot slower than it looks on TV.

During halftime me and a couple Celts fans were chatting it up grabbing some brews and all of a sudden we see Cedric Maxwel just walking right by us back down to the floor, we hit him up for a pic and he obliged was cool as hell. He said the Celtics are back and he was sensing something special heading into the playoffs. Kyrie who I was prob closest to was hilarious on the bench, really engaged and just acting a fool with Yabu and Timelord dancing and cheering his butt off. It sucks Kyrie didn’t play but all in all the experience was awesome and something I’ll never forget.

Cool story. Sounds like a blast. I was able to actually stay up for this one and thankfully they pulled this one out. What sticks out is Gordon missing 2 free throws then fouling Hield for 3 foul shouts but hitting the shot with 2 seconds left for redemption. Another thing that stands out is referee #57 calling everything for Sacramento and against us. Lane violations on free throws against us both when Sacramento shooting to give an extra shot and against us when JB was shooting to lose that point. And the inbound play after Hayward hit the shot where they actually inbounded the ball but gave the coach the timeout so that they could inbound right there on the offensive end. This guy isn't related to Donaghy is he?

« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2019, 06:52:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2019, 07:10:29 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I loved Gordon’s confidence in taking that game winning shot we need him confident. He only scored 12 but was pretty influential

Only downside to Gordon playing well is Jaylen Brown will not be able to play in crunch time.

Teams that aren't playing as big, they can put Brown in for Morris

I think Brad still doesn't trust Jaylen's decision making.

Brown still makes a lot of mistakes, like trying to out-jump every defender he faces.

And Brown needs to know when to shoot and when not to shoot.

Also, his FTs needs to improve if he wants to play in crunch time.

Brown has played during crunch time a lot of our last few games. CBS trusts him plenty.
Plus, it's not like Morris is renowned for making good decisions

Morris is the better shooter.

We'll know for sure in the playoffs if Morris continues to play instead of Brown in crunch time.
Except over the last 20 games Morris has been shooting 27% from three. He's ice cold

Morris has always been a good 3pt shooter his whole career.

He'll be fine.
He's solid, but he's not fantastic. 36% is alright, but nothing special
Pretty much around Jaylen's percentages I think, and Morris has never had a season like Jaylen's last year.

The difference is the FT shooting.

Jaylen just shot 64% from the FT line in the playoffs last season.

It's hard to trust Brown in crunch time because if he gets fouled and goes to the FT line, it becomes an adventure.

« Reply #618 on: March 07, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2640222;topic=99399.600#postmodify
I loved Gordon’s confidence in taking that game winning shot we need him confident. He only scored 12 but was pretty influential

Only downside to Gordon playing well is Jaylen Brown will not be able to play in crunch time.

Brown still makes a lot of mistakes, like trying to out-jump every defender he faces.

Brown has played during crunch time a lot of our last few games. CBS trusts him plenty.

We'll know for sure in the playoffs if Morris continues to play instead of Brown in crunch time.
Except over the last 20 games Morris has been shooting 27% from three. He's ice cold

He'll be fine.
Pretty much around Jaylen's percentages I think, and Morris has never had a season like Jaylen's last year.

It's hard to trust Brown in crunch time because if he gets fouled and goes to the FT line, it becomes an adventure.

You could say that about Hayward who last night missed two crucial free throws late and Rozier against the Warriors missed THREE consecutive free throws. Dwight Howard would make at least one.

« Reply #619 on: March 07, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He'll be fine.

Jaylen has been shooting FTs at 72% since Thanksgiving. 75% over the last 21 games.

« Reply #620 on: March 07, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
During halftime me and a couple Celts fans were chatting it up grabbing some brews and all of a sudden we see Cedric Maxwel just walking right by us back down to the floor, we hit him up for a pic and he obliged was cool as hell. He said the Celtics are back and he was sensing something special heading into the playoffs. Kyrie who I was prob closest to was hilarious on the bench, really engaged and just acting a fool with Yabu and Timelord dancing and cheering his butt off. It sucks Kyrie didn’t play but all in all the experience was awesome and something I’ll never forget.

Great to hear you had a good time and thanks for confirming what I had seen on the TV broadcast as well - Kyrie was engaged and invested in his teammates' success.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #621 on: March 07, 2019, 08:37:03 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2640222;topic=99399.600#postmodify

He'll be fine.

You could say that about Hayward who last night missed two crucial free throws late and Rozier against the Warriors missed THREE consecutive free throws. Dwight Howard would make at least one.

Hayward is a career 82% FT shooter.

Jaylen is a career 67% FT shooter.

There's a big difference.

« Reply #622 on: March 07, 2019, 08:38:25 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

He'll be fine.

Jaylen has been shooting FTs at 72% since Thanksgiving. 75% over the last 21 games.

Time will tell.

In last season's playoffs, Jaylen shot just 64% from the FT line.

« Reply #623 on: March 07, 2019, 10:22:42 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Couldn't help but think that the Kings would be really dangerous with a good coach

« Reply #624 on: March 07, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Couldn't help but think that the Kings would be really dangerous with a good coach

They've got a very good coach.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #625 on: March 07, 2019, 11:15:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That was a fun game last night.

Where was this Hayward all season??

Anyway, hopefully he's getting his confidence back.

Horford was a beast last night as well.

I really like that kid De'Aron Fox. He's still green but the talent is there and I've literally never seen another athlete that fast.

« Reply #626 on: March 07, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

He'll be fine.

That was actually the Rockets game this past Sunday. Don't remind me, I could NOT believe that!! (and sadly I was there.)

« Reply #627 on: March 08, 2019, 02:27:47 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

He'll be fine.

Did you really just call two missed free throws with 19 seconds left IN THE THIRD QUARTER “crucial?”

Just stop. Ridiculous take.

Hayward is a historically very good/great FT shooter and Rozier is also good. Brown is not. Can he make a pair? Sure. Can he miss both? More likely than just about anyone in the team.
CELTICS 2024