Author Topic: Ryan Anderson Traded to Phoenix  (Read 3949 times)

Ryan Anderson Traded to Phoenix
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:32:37 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Late night Woj Bomb

Adrian Wojnarowski: Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De’Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.

https://es.pn/2Nv4JY2
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Ryan Anderson Traded to Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 12:41:43 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Phoenix giving up on Chriss lol

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 01:33:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Yes. And we know his market value.
He is worth about 5,5 m$, the difference between Ryno and Knight.
Good deal for Houston.

Reading the tealeaves:
Anyone for Bender, wouldn't that be nice?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 01:34:36 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
So Houston saves some money but what do the Suns get out of this?  Is Booker going to be their starting PG? 

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:24 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
So Houston saves some money but what do the Suns get out of this?  Is Booker going to be their starting PG? 
Looks like it. That's why they went for the spacing with RA. Maybe they believe that Jackson can do it. Who knows what these shaky franchises go for. They change their minds each month.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 02:28:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Reading the tealeaves:

Bender to the celtics? No

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 02:36:07 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Reading the tealeaves:

Bender to the celtics? No
He is just 3 years away from being 4 years away.  ;D
(2 years have already passed)

I don't think they will move him at this moment, nor that we should get him ATM.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 03:44:00 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Houston got what they wanted in this deal.

I'm not sure I like what PHX is doing. What is the point of a rebuild if you trade away a nr. 8 pick after only two years with the team.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 05:21:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Melo to the 4
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 05:41:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Brandon Knight is a major get for Houston. He would be a fantastic PG next to Harden. Quality defender and quality scorer. So-so PG skills but Harden has that covered.

It is almost a pity Chris Paul is there. I would love to see Knight get to play big minutes next to Harden. To finally get a good home and show his talent.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
Brandon Knight is a major get for Houston. He would be a fantastic PG next to Harden. Quality defender and quality scorer. So-so PG skills but Harden has that covered.

It is almost a pity Chris Paul is there. I would love to see Knight get to play big minutes next to Harden. To finally get a good home and show his talent.
Knight's problem was about his health, not so much his skill level.
But Houston has a good recent track record of rehabilitating some injury prone players, like Ryno and Gordon, so it might work for him.

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 09:38:43 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Hmm. I disagree with this assessment of Knight's game. He is not particularly efficient of a scorer (42% fg, 35% 3fg, and 52% TS%), even though he is high usage (25%). I never heard that he was a "quality" defender either (111 career defensive rating and less than 1 steal a game). He has length and athleticism, but I never saw actual defense.

This is a trade of dead weight contracts and young prospects, with Houston saving some money off their luxury tax bill. Perhaps Ryan Anderson spreads the court for Booker and Ayton more than Bender would. Perhaps Knight becomes a 4th ball-handler in minutes off the bench. Perhaps Melton becomes a needed defensive point guard next to Booker. Perhaps Chriss can become a lob threat with Harden.

This is more about the money than anything.

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Phoenix must have really soured on Chriss. Either was a pain in but or just a cancel in the locker room. The kid just turned 21 and they knew he was a project. Strange to just give up on him. While very athletic, didn't seem to have much of a basketball IQ. Reminds me of Gerald Green.

Houston got what they wanted in this deal.

I'm not sure I like what PHX is doing. What is the point of a rebuild if you trade away a nr. 8 pick after only two years with the team.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
I live in PHX now and the word is consistently that Chriss is basically unprofessional and doesn't get it. I don't understand picking up Anderson to play the 4 though...I thought they wanted Ariza as a small-ball 4 type. Now they have Warren/Ariza/Jackson/Mikal Bridges all clumped up mostly at the 3. Yeah, they can play minutes at the 4 too, but they look really ripe for another trade for a pg.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Warren, Jackson, and a pick for McCollum or Warren and Jackson for Kemba Walker and a contract? I also wonder if they'll call on Rozier.

Seems like something else has to fall into place in the desert.

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Melo to the 4

Underrated part of this deal IMO.

Say what you want about Melo but at least Houston isn't dipping their toes into Melo's game. We've seen what number 1 option Melo is like and what shove Melo into an undefined role is like. Neither worked all that well.

I think Carmelo Anthony deserves his chance to form a bond with the starters and not feel like Ryan Anderson was breathing down his neck.

Maybe he squanders his last chance at immortality maybe he's the missing piece to dethroning GS.