Author Topic: David West retiring. Remember when he was almost a Celtic?  (Read 1645 times)

David West retiring. Remember when he was almost a Celtic?
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
David West just announced his retirement.

Nice solid player who got a couple all-star games from playing with CP3 then a couple rings from playing with the Warriors. First ballot Hall of Very Good player.

Trip down memory lane:

Celtics, Hornets still working to finalize David West sign and trade deal, league sources say. Three year, $27M-29M deal in the works

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/145565934751453184

Boston-NO deal for David West still on hold, sources say. Waiting on NBA. C's rookies, JaJuan Johnson and E'Twan Moore discussed in deal.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/145667252224663552

David West has agreed to a 2 year, $20 million deal with Pacers, league source tells Y.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/145955115243810816

CB threads (First one is 45 pages!):

A source briefed on discussions Friday evening said that the Boston Celtics are close to a deal with free agent power forward David West, who has been with the New Orleans Hornets since being drafted in 2003.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51108.0

Concerning development in David West deal: JJJ and E'Tuan???

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51146.0

Re: David West retiring. Remember when he was almost a Celtic?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yesterday was his birthday too.

Another Class of '03 guy calling it a career.  One of my favorite college basketball players of the past couple of decades.    A lot of fun to watch at Xavier.  Carved out a nice NBA career.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:05:20 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Did the Celtics really passed on David West because they didn't wanna include JaJuan Johnson and E'Twan Moore???

What???

I remember Larry Bird swooped in on that deal. I hated David West ever since. We could have won the title in 2012. Instead we got stuck with chumps like Keyon Dooling, Ryan Hollins, Mickael Pietrus, Brandon Bass, and Greg Stiemsma and some ailing heart injuries in Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox who were all not deep enough to finish it for us.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 02:15:30 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
how dare you refer to the great Mickael Pietrus as a chump

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
how dare you refer to the great Mickael Pietrus as a chump

Okay maybe not Mickael Pietrus he was solid BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 03:12:51 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Did the Celtics really passed on David West because they didn't wanna include JaJuan Johnson and E'Twan Moore???

What???

I remember Larry Bird swooped in on that deal. I hated David West ever since. We could have won the title in 2012. Instead we got stuck with chumps like Keyon Dooling, Ryan Hollins, Mickael Pietrus, Brandon Bass, and Greg Stiemsma and some ailing heart injuries in Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox who were all not deep enough to finish it for us.

I remember the story as West not wanting to come here because our guys were too old. He thought he would get a larger window to get a chip. Bird didn't swoop in as much as West having a choice.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

What???

Yeah we would have definitely won the title in 2012 if that went through. Oh what could have been...

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

What???

I remember the story as West not wanting to come here because our guys were too old. He thought he would get a larger window to get a chip. Bird didn't swoop in as much as West having a choice.

Yeah I remember West doing interviews after the signing where he basically downplayed coming to Boston and said it wasn't nearly as imminent as people had reported. Basically seemed like a rumor that had some truth to it but got overblown.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What???

Yeah I remember West doing interviews after the signing where he basically downplayed coming to Boston and said it wasn't nearly as imminent as people had reported. Basically seemed like a rumor that had some truth to it but got overblown.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7433214/david-west-says-indiana-pacers-were-better-fit-boston-celtics

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes