Author Topic: Bradley Beal trade idea Yaay or Nay?  (Read 9664 times)

Re: Bradley Beal rumored trade Yaay or Nay?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 11:23:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Absolutely not a rumor, the title should be changed to bloggers idea.

On Bill Simmons podcast he was speculating that Miami would be willing to take on Wall and Beal.  However, he believes Portland would be the team that has the best to offer for Beal.  I’m not sure how he would fit with their guards.  He doesn’t see Beal being traded until December.
wouldn't it just be McCollum for Beal?  I don't see any other trade that would remotely make sense.

That or they trade Whiteside and a bunch of picks then unload McCollum for Aaron Gordon or someone like that who could help out the front court more.

I still want a hayward for gordon swap.

Would be a dream scenario imo.

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
Gordon
Kanter

Smart 6th

Fultz
Ross
Hayward
Isaac
Vucevic

you just want to trade Hayward period. 

not too sure Hayward would get you Aaron Gordon until Hayward shows he's close to Utah form and if he does show that level of improvement, that's the kind of player we want on the team so no sense in trading him.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I wonder what Brown would have to average this year for people to retroactively say, "That would have been a bad trade."

18-6-2 with votes for All-NBA defensive team?

What would Brown have to average on the lottery Wizards team without many offensive options for people to retroactively regret the decision?

20-5-2?

Neither would be completely out of the realm of possibility for me. This seems like a classic grass-is-greener scenario.

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »

• Paul Silas

not too sure Hayward would get you Aaron Gordon until Hayward shows he's close to Utah form and if he does show that level of improvement, that's the kind of player we want on the team so no sense in trading him.

I like Gordon's potential, but does he really add anything that Brown doesn't have? Couldn't you see Brown doing most everything Gordon does on a team that gave him more minutes and usage?

I know Gordon is a little bigger, but they play pretty similarly, especially given Gordon's propensity to stay on the perimeter.

I think we all agree that it might be ideal to consolidate our wings in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade, ideally for a big. But the Cs have to do something that improves the team.  You can't trade to trade.

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I like Gordon's potential, but does he really add anything that Brown doesn't have? Couldn't you see Brown doing most everything Gordon does on a team that gave him more minutes and usage?

I know Gordon is a little bigger, but they play pretty similarly, especially given Gordon's propensity to stay on the perimeter.

I think we all agree that it might be ideal to consolidate our wings in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade, ideally for a big. But the Cs have to do something that improves the team.  You can't trade to trade.

I think Hayward at this point is a much better passer with a stronger handle that you can run the offense through.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »

• Paul Silas

I think Hayward at this point is a much better passer with a stronger handle that you can run the offense through.

I agree. I was approaching it from the point of view that we already have Aaron Gordon on our roster. Except Brown might be a better version with higher upside.

Re: Bradley Beal trade idea Yaay or Nay?
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Fixed the title. As many said, this is not a rumor.

Just not sure that Beal will be so much better than Brown next year that Smart, Langford and a host of 1st rounders, including the Memphis pick, is worth giving up along with Brown to complete the deal.

Generally a bad idea, especially since I see Jaylen eventually turning into a 20/7/3 with shooting of 47/39/77 and a TS% around 60% with All-Defense level defense type of player in a couple years. If Brown does become that, even on a max(25% of the cap, starting at $28 million per year), he would be a much better value than what Beal would need to be paid(starting around $40 million per or even higher and closer to $50 million, if he makes an All-NBA team).

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You will be out of your mind to even consider trading Smart, let alone +picks

If Danny can pull off Brown+picks for Beal it will be major win though, get rid off Brown plus add Beal will be major improvement for this team

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 12:23:47 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Heeeeelllllll no

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I like having the 2 together as strong 2a 2b compliments to the 1a 1b pairing of Kemba and Tatum.

Is a really strong lineup, inside outside too

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I like having the 2 together as strong 2a 2b compliments to the 1a 1b pairing of Kemba and Tatum.

Tatum is not a 1A or 1B right now.  he's a 2 or probable 3.

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 12:57:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I don't even think Kemba is a 1 (at least on a real contender). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I wouldn't disagree with that.  our best hope for the season is that Kemba, Brown, Hayward AND Tatum all play at least at a 2A level and Kanter can be at a 3 level.  That could get us into the ECF against either MIl or Phil.   I'd like to hope for the finals but losing Al against either of those teams killed our chances.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

• Paul Silas

As always, they aren't until they are. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Does the player make the championship team or the championship team make the player?

There are examples of championship contenders with less effective primary offensive players than Walker. They may be the exceptions, but the category for them exists.

This team, as constructed, will undoubtedly need to make strides forward. Walker will need to step forward in efficiency. Hayward will need to step forward to his Utah days ability. Tatum and Brown will need to become better engines for this team. Our bigs need to develop.

As they performed last year, these players aren't probably effective enough to be real contenders. But these players have the ability to grow and develop better rhythm together. In fact, I think it's more likely than not that they do, regardless of the road bump last year.

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Fixed the title. As many said, this is not a rumor.

Just not sure that Beal will be so much better than Brown next year that Smart, Langford and a host of 1st rounders, including the Memphis pick, is worth giving up along with Brown to complete the deal.

Generally a bad idea, especially since I see Jaylen eventually turning into a 20/7/3 with shooting of 47/39/77 and a TS% around 60% with All-Defense level defense type of player in a couple years. If Brown does become that, even on a max(25% of the cap, starting at $28 million per year), he would be a much better value than what Beal would need to be paid(starting around $40 million per or even higher and closer to $50 million, if he makes an All-NBA team).

That's the problem, Brown has yet to reach the level you think he can reach.

Is it possible Brown will never reach that level?
Answer: Yes!

Right now Bradley Beal has a playoff career average of 22.7 ppg.
That means he's a sure thing.

Not only is Beal getting it done in the regular season, he's also getting it done in the playoffs.

And Bradley Beal is very good on defense.

Also, if Ainge really believes Brown can become the 20/7/3 with shooting of 47/39/77 player you're talking about, why is the Celts not offering a contract extension for Brown?

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2019, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Kemba is about as much of a "1" as Beal is.