Author Topic: OMG, the Nets stink  (Read 31355 times)

OMG, the Nets stink
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Two wins and three. Tonight in O.T, to the Wizards. Now of course we are five games in and the could still win 50. However, what if they get into a crazy funk early and end uo winning around 35 games thus year. What would they even do if that was the case?

I don't know exactly what it is but there is something I really don't like about that team. I just think the three "Studs" Kevin and Paul are joining have no heart. And this team could fall apart quickly and we could be in for a nice future.

Re: OMG, the Nets stink
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
As much as I want KG and Paul to succeed, man I'm salivating of the idea that they are going to be 7th seed, in turn giving us a mid round pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
As much as I want KG and Paul to succeed, man I'm salivating of the idea that they are going to be 7th seed, in turn giving us a mid round pick.

I'm going to implode with internal conflict.

It's not just the 2014 pick. If the entire gamble goes awry, they might just """"""blow it up"""""" (I have come to despise this phrase) sooner, giving us high picks in consecutive years.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
They are slow footed. Don't make enough hustle plays. Struggle to rebound outside their area. Don't force many turnovers. Beaten in 50-50 plays.

I think they'd be better off moving one of their wings to the bench and bringing in an athletic energizer and defender to start games. They don't have that type of a player on their roster right now. They need to acquire one.  Rodney Carney might be able to do a job for them if he is still a free agent (low cost option). I might go with Alan Anderson for the time being though.

Kirilenko needs to play a lot more. Only 13 minutes tonight and he is averaging about the same for the season. They need to play him more at PF alongside either B.Lopez or K.Garnett. That will help get their quickness levels up. Play Blatche less and definitely R.Evans less. They need AK-47 to open things up for them at PF.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Old , slow, Williams seems like he is older than he is ,  no confidence ,  new untested coach.....and Pierce  if the Truth be told probably loathes being a Net.

If KG or Lopuss get hurt...... Lights out

Worse they do ...better for us....hope they suck their tails off

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It will be interesting if it turns out that playing next to Rondo has been masking the extent of KG and PP's decline due to age.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

It's not just the 2014 pick. If the entire gamble goes awry, they might just """"""blow it up"""""" (I have come to despise this phrase) sooner, giving us high picks in consecutive years.

Because they've basically mortgaged their whole future, I think they may have passed the point of no return with blowing it up. They really just can't actively take a step back and save face. It looks like they're stuck trying to put pieces around D-Will and Lopez for the next several years. Best case scenario is a mid-2000's Knicks-esque debacle, a classic example of a franchise that got in a hole and compulsively kept digging.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
too early to tell, i think they just remind me of the old celtic team who are disinterested playing lowly opponents.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Their last best hope is probably Bojan Bogdanovic.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It will be interesting if it turns out that playing next to Rondo has been masking the extent of KG and PP's decline due to age.
TP for thinking outside the box

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Ainge is the master. He planted KG and PP on the Nets to have a double tankfest.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Probably the coach's problem. He's got all that talent, but still can't easily win games...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Ainge is the master. He planted KG and PP on the Nets to have a double tankfest.

for some odd reason, this made me lol

however, I don't think this is the reason, it's Kidd who is limiting KG and PP, not Ainge

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They are slow footed. Don't make enough hustle plays. Struggle to rebound outside their area. Don't force many turnovers. Beaten in 50-50 plays.

I think they'd be better off moving one of their wings to the bench and bringing in an athletic energizer and defender to start games. They don't have that type of a player on their roster right now. They need to acquire one.  Rodney Carney might be able to do a job for them if he is still a free agent (low cost option). I might go with Alan Anderson for the time being though.

Kirilenko needs to play a lot more. Only 13 minutes tonight and he is averaging about the same for the season. They need to play him more at PF alongside either B.Lopez or K.Garnett. That will help get their quickness levels up. Play Blatche less and definitely R.Evans less. They need AK-47 to open things up for them at PF.

It is such an obvious play with AK47. The guy should get around 28 a game between the 3 and 4. So frustrating to see him deployed like that.

Maybe this makes me a bad fan, but Id trade the 15 spots from 15 to 30 right now if I knew that by doing it the Nets would be the peers or betters of Miami come playoffs.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Probably the coach's problem. He's got all that talent, but still can't easily win games...

With a payroll like that ,  lakers like team of stars, i'd would scream every time they loose......they shouldn't