Author Topic: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21  (Read 35072 times)

Re: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Don't know what to say guys.  What looked liked bad nights the first few outings has shifted to an ill wind which is starting to look like recurring trends: whupped on the boards, not getting stops, consistently outgunned.

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Currently, we re Garbage

« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Jason Terry is the most disappointing player so far from the beginning of the season

Wow. Just....wow. That is an insane comment.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Small Ball FTW!!!  :'(

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:54 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
The more small ball we play, the worse we will be.
rt contender Is small. We went over this

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I am willing to give this team some more time before they gel on D especially.  But to me, there just doesn't seem to be the effort and intensity from everyone on D.  The results will be whatever they are, but the effort and intensity needs to improve. 

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Meanwhile, the Celtics make a nice little run. Why don't you guys relax a little bit? It's early in the season, they are playing a very good team tonight and even with the horrid presence in the paint (on both ends), the Celtics are in this game late. Yeah, they will lose, but this team is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be.

Doc can only work with what he has. I agree Ainge needs to get some length in this lineup, but until then this is the team and we need everyone. When Green has a night like this, guys like Wilcox have to step up.

Personally, as much as reality says this Celtics team is just not elite, I still like this team a lot. Maybe they will never get everything together enough to put a nice string of wins together, but the Celtics have a chance to be quite good, and after years of that being a dream, I will take it.

The frustration comes out of the fact that we're seriously underperforming.  I don't care how good the opposing team is, you don't allow 57% shooting, give up a billion points in the paint, and get outrebounded by 15+.

Doc has A LOT to work with and it seems pretty obvious to many of us that he is mismanaging his personnel.  I saw Bass + Sully as our frontline earlier tonight, even after that has been proven to be nightmarish defensively.  I saw Bass + Green vs Duncan and Splitter. 

On paper, we have an incredibly dangerous team on both ends of the floor.  Why is it that the Spurs seem to get the most out of their players but we can't?  It's early in the season, but we're just not getting it done.

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thunder will score 120 on Boston. The celtics flat out suck right now

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Jason Terry is the most disappointing player so far from the beginning of the season

How so? Dude doesn't even get enough looks. He rarely has an opportunity to create of the dribble. He's a decoy the majority of time like Ray was.

« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31

Wow. Just....wow. That is an insane comment.

Insane? Did you see his stats?
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'll trade anyone that isn't AB, RR, KG, or PP for a quality big man.

« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561

he was hot early. doc did not go back to him. as much as doc likes us making HARD SHOTS why not use a hot hand? SMH.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
inside defense is so far a big joke this season. amazing man crush doc has on bass, i pity wilcox. rondo's effort gone to waste.

« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Meanwhile, the Celtics make a nice little run. Why don't you guys relax a little bit? It's early in the season, they are playing a very good team tonight and even with the horrid presence in the paint (on both ends), the Celtics are in this game late. Yeah, they will lose, but this team is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be.

Doc can only work with what he has. I agree Ainge needs to get some length in this lineup, but until then this is the team and we need everyone. When Green has a night like this, guys like Wilcox have to step up.

Personally, as much as reality says this Celtics team is just not elite, I still like this team a lot. Maybe they will never get everything together enough to put a nice string of wins together, but the Celtics have a chance to be quite good, and after years of that being a dream, I will take it.

The frustration comes out of the fact that we're seriously underperforming.  I don't care how good the opposing team is, you don't allow 57% shooting, give up a billion points in the paint, and get outrebounded by 15+.

Doc has A LOT to work with and it seems pretty obvious to many of us that he is mismanaging his personnel.  I saw Bass + Sully as our frontline earlier tonight, even after that has been proven to be nightmarish defensively.  I saw Bass + Green vs Duncan and Splitter. 

On paper, we have an incredibly dangerous team on both ends of the floor.  Why is it that the Spurs seem to get the most out of their players but we can't?  It's early in the season, but we're just not getting it done.

Doc is in a bad spot - he has to try to find combinations on the floor that work and he can't write off a combination after 1-2 bad games. A lot of the combinations have not worked - but that's what Doc has to do. He cannot ride KG and Pierce like he once could - so he has to try to find the mix that can carry the bulk of games. Maybe we simply don't have the guys to do that - or maybe Doc needs to keep working on them.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't know what I was smoking thinking this team could be a good defensive team.  They don't have the personnel to be a good defensive team because Bass and Wilcox are two of the dumbest defensive players in the league and Doc has Garnett on the strictest, most asinine minute distribution in league history.  I'm glad Doc is saving Garnett for his post-retirement health and the 7th seed.  Great.

And yeah, Green is really really frustrating and underwhelming to watch.  You know who he reminds me of?  The player that played in OKC.  Funny you don't become a different player after so many years in the league.  It was worth the 9 million a year gamble though.  With Green and the collection of bigs on this team, Ainge really screwed up.