Author Topic: Trade idea with Cleveland  (Read 1356 times)

Trade idea with Cleveland
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
The thought behind this is that the Celtics are too redundant at certain positions and lack that one dominant shooter off the bench while also picking up a draft pick that could help be part of a bigger trade.

The idea is trade Hayward, Baynes, Yabusele, 14, 22, 51 to Cleveland

For

Kevin Love, Clarkson, and a 2021 top 5 protected pick where the protections fall back each year after.

Smart/Clarkson
Brown
Tatum
Love
Horford

That’s a legit starting 6 and if you resign Morris and use the exception could be a solid contending team again.  Plus the Memphis and Cleveland picks could be sent off to acquire another asset either now, at the deadline, or next offseason. 

Ok, now you can rip it apart 🤣😂
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Re: Trade idea with Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The thought behind this is that the Celtics are too redundant at certain positions and lack that one dominant shooter off the bench while also picking up a draft pick that could help be part of a bigger trade.

For

Kevin Love, Clarkson, and a 2021 top 5 protected pick where the protections fall back each year after.

Smart/Clarkson
Brown
Tatum
Love
Horford

That’s a legit starting 6 and if you resign Morris and use the exception could be a solid contending team again.  Plus the Memphis and Cleveland picks could be sent off to acquire another asset either now, at the deadline, or next offseason. 

TP.  Not bad for us.  That lightly protected Cavs pick is very appealing, but not sure why the Cavs would give that up in rebuilding mode.

Plus I’m in the boat that I don’t want trade Hayward while his value is down.  I think he can jump back in a big way next year, and I want to give him the opportunity to do it here.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
After that whole ordeal of them squeezing w 2nd rounder out of us in the kyrie deal, I don't see ainge doing a deal with them any time soon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
After that whole ordeal of them squeezing w 2nd rounder out of us in the kyrie deal, I don't see ainge doing a deal with them any time soon

I completely forgot about that but as it turns out they were 100% correct!

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

For

Smart/Clarkson
Brown
Tatum
Love
Horford

TP.  Not bad for us.  That lightly protected Cavs pick is very appealing, but not sure why the Cavs would give that up in rebuilding mode.

Plus I’m in the boat that I don’t want trade Hayward while his value is down.  I think he can jump back in a big way next year, and I want to give him the opportunity to do it here.

Cleveland has insane salary space next year... if they can attract another star to go with Hayward and their you g Talent is another question.  I also like a Hayward and I felt this trade split the value between where he was in Utah and where he was this year. 

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
No thanks, while Haywards production wasn't great last year, he still played a bulk of the games and was still working his way off of a horrible injury and dealing with the mess that was going on in Boston. Love is super injury prone now, he'll be 31 by the beginning of the season with a big contract.

Even if Hayward can't get back to form, we are only under contract with him for 2 years max. Love seems like he's an injury away from it all being done some times. And we'd have to deal with that for 4 years.

I have more faith right now Hayward will get back to form than Love playing 80% of the games while he's under his contract. 

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 05:55:32 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4

For

Smart/Clarkson
Brown
Tatum
Love
Horford

Considering we are probably tanking once again (Because we have the worst owner in the NBA), I do not want anyone from Boston unless it is Kyrie, whom we groomed.

I would not take Brown, Terry, none of those guys. They think they are better than what they are, and will divide our lockeroom like they did yours.

I kind of want to see if we can sniff a playoff spot. If Jimmy, Kawhi, Tobias, and Kyrie all go west, we have a legit chance.

Gordon has a bad contract, and I have no idea who the other two guys are lol. This trade seems more like a dumping ground, and the Cavs are the dump to throw away your unwanted players.

Hopefully we can grab Darius Garland, that kid looks legit. He is the guy nobody is talking about.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Annnnnd, it was just announced the Knicks will work him out as I typed that.....

No doubt they get RJ though.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
My question is, can the Celts win a championship with a starting 6 like below?

Smart/Clarkson
Brown
Tatum
Love
Horford

Besides not being a championship team with a lineup like that, absorbing Love's contract is just not worth it.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 07:10:54 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Last season the Celts tried to mix the young players with the vets.

It didn't work out.

I think it's best if the Celts make a move for a guy like Bradley Beal and try to contend or the Celts just go for a quasi rebuild and stick with the young players.

Horford is really NOT necessary if the Celts are just going to go with the young players.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love is sadly too injury-prone to be worth having a look at
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)