Author Topic: Suns sign Jimmer Fredette for remainder of season  (Read 1128 times)

Suns sign Jimmer Fredette for remainder of season
« on: March 22, 2019, 01:15:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26322300/sources-suns-reach-deal-guard-fredette

The Phoenix Suns have reached a deal to sign guard Jimmer Fredette, sources confirmed to ESPN's Ian Begley on Thursday.

The two-year deal has a team option in the second year, sources said. The deal was first reported by 98.7 FM Arizona Sports.

The 2011 Naismith College Player of the Year at BYU, Fredette played the past three seasons in the Chinese Basketball Association

Re: Suns sign Jimmer Fredette for remainder of season
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
They also went beyond the norm, they usually go after guards who are above their average size, decent wingspan, can't shoot, uber athletic, decent defender with two way potentiality, and can jump out of the gym.

This time, they went with a undersized guard that clearly can't guard either position, small wingspan, can shoot, opposite of athletic, and would never ever jumping out of any gym ever.

"It's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off."
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am rooting for him.

I am surprised Fredette wasn't able to build an NBA career for himself as a scoring backup PG who can shoot. Sorta like Eddie House. At the least I mean. He clearly has the talent to accomplish at least that much.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I am rooting for him.

I am surprised Fredette wasn't able to build an NBA career for himself as a scoring backup PG who can shoot. Sorta like Eddie House. At the least I mean. He clearly has the talent to accomplish at least that much.

Same here, but the problem is that teams are trying to mold him into the PG role, but he doesn't have the height, defensive instincts, or the ball handling/passing to play as a 1, and too small to play as a 2.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 02:36:41 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
From what I've heard, the dude has a massive ego. Unless you're an all star talent, no one is gonna put up with that for long. I'm surprised he's even getting another chance after the amount of teams he's flamed out on.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
From what I've heard, the dude has a massive ego. Unless you're an all star talent, no one is gonna put up with that for long. I'm surprised he's even getting another chance after the amount of teams he's flamed out on.

That's also what I have heard too.

“Jimmer thinks everybody is stupid,” said an NBA assistant who worked with Fredette. “He thinks everybody needs to come and just turn over their offense and let him shoot it anytime he wants. That’s not how the league works…”

Fredette was also unwilling – or unable – to assume playmaking responsibilities for a team that desperately needed help at point guard after Jrue Holiday sustained a serious leg injury.

"He won't adjust his game for it," he said. "He'll tell you, 'This is what I did at BYU.' Well, BYU, that's a long time ago."

Which is surprising to me, considering DMC was his teammate for 2 years, and every Kings game I've watched, there wasn't a split second that I didn't see any of the Kings players arguing or calling out Fredette for a defensive mishap. Which was quite plenty.