Author Topic: LaMelo Ball (Lonzo Ball's younger brother) is the next Curry  (Read 1486 times)

LaMelo Ball (Lonzo Ball's younger brother) is the next Curry
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947
http://www.bigplay.com/video-ucla-recruit-points-at-half-court-line-pulls-up-drains-jumper-in-game/

Did anyone else see this video of LaMelo Ball, who is Lonzo Ball's little brother? The kid is a sophomore in high school, and I guess he regularly pulls up from near halfcourt and drains shots. Crazy.

I remember seeing an interview with their dad when he was talking about teaching them to shoot that far out. I guess he has them practice those types of shots regularly.

Re: LaMelo Ball (Lonzo Ball's younger brother) is the next Curry
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:34:46 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I might be in the minority here, but this stuff drives me nuts.

It seems like most programs and younger players don't care about learning to play basketball, they want to throw up half court shots or pull off dribbling moves or behind the back passes.  And don't even get started on defense!

I know it's only one video, but it seems like the fundamentals are not very high on young athletes lists these days.  Too many players coming out at 19 who just aren't very good at basketball.  Athletic as can be, but not very knowledgeable of the game.  They would rather practice something like this.

I hope this kid doesn't become one of them, but like I said it's only one video, he still has a long journey ahead of him.

Also, please don't take this as a "get off my lawn" style rant.  Not the intention, but it does frustrate me when I think of the young athletes who seem to be more interested in being the next Curry (or Iverson before him) to the point where they don't really develop a good understanding of the sport or an all around game in general.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:01:43 PM by NHCelticsFan »

Re: LaMelo Ball (Lonzo Ball's younger brother) is the next Curry
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:08:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
I might be in the minority here, but this stuff drives me nuts.

It seems like most programs and younger players don't care about learning to play basketball, they want to throw up half court shots or pull off dribbling moves or behind the back passes.  And don't even get started on defense!

I know it's only one video, but it seems like the fundamentals are not very high on young athletes lists these days.  Too many players coming out at 19 who just aren't very good at basketball.  Athletic as can be, but not very knowledgeable of the game.  They would rather practice something like this.

I hope this kid doesn't become one of them, but like I said it's only one video, he still has a long journey ahead of him.

Also, please don't take this as a "get off my lawn" style rant.  Not the intention, but it does frustrate me when I think of the young athletes who seem to be more interested in being the next Curry (or Iverson before him) to the point where they don't really develop a good understanding of the sport or an all around game in general.

TP .....I get where your coming from ......it goes back to the training 3 years olds tennis and golf like a pro.  .....kids don't get to find their own way , discovery what really interests them....they are shown only one life path.
Choose a career or sport ....their greedy father decide what their off spring will do ......race car driving is like this too now ......throw 100K at them and a go cart and hope they are the next Jeff Gordon in NASCAR

Yup make em little robots shooting threes ......that's all to life.