Author Topic: Bradley and Rozier for #7  (Read 4436 times)

Re: Bradley and Rozier for #7
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

if you're that concerned about trading AB because you're worried about paying him on his next deal, I get that but the point of trading a player of AB's caliber is to either get a better player than AB (sending AB out as part of a package) or to get future assets that free up cap space this year to ensure being able to offer a max contract while still retaining some of our current players who are FAs this offseason.  Trading AB for yet another pick this year does not accomplish any of that.

If tou trade him for a pick you do it because you don't believe you can make him an offer high enough to keep him next year and then he walks for free. Not in order to free cap space now

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
what is the fascination for dumping a very productive player for yet another draft pick?  I don't get it.  no one at #7 is close to guaranteed to be as good as AB is right now no matter how long their career is nor should this team (or people following this team) be banking on a rookie coming in an playing major minutes (never mind starting) and producing at a high level when on the court.

just boggles my mind. 

if you're that concerned about trading AB because you're worried about paying him on his next deal, I get that but the point of trading a player of AB's caliber is to either get a better player than AB (sending AB out as part of a package) or to get future assets that free up cap space this year to ensure being able to offer a max contract while still retaining some of our current players who are FAs this offseason.  Trading AB for yet another pick this year does not accomplish any of that.
trading Bradley for 7 frees up enough cap room that no other players need to be let to get a max contract (aside from the free agents, including KO).  There is enough salary difference there to accomplish that goal.  Trading Bradley for a future pick doesn't allow you to keep someone like KO and still have max room.  Adding Rozier is even more salary freed up (so you might be able to keep someone else - i.e. Green or Amir on slightly more than a minimum contract). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 12:48:15 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Laugh and hang up......come on

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
No thanks. Even only for Bradley.

Rozier and #37 is my offer, and Minnesota obviously says no.

@mrceltics2013:

Saying Bradley is as good as he will ever be is simply NOT KNOWING the player. He's gotten better every year and is on the right side of 30. Respect him a little bit. Also, telling he probably wouldn't start for them is absolutely crazy.
Bradley is great, but he's leveled out.  He has done everything right in his career and improved his skills in ALL areas, but he has no further upside.

That said, I would offer Crowder and Rozier instead.  Bradley is just too valuable.

LEVELED OUT?    Everyone has said how much he improved his offense this year.  So I did not see him level out this year.......When a guy stops improving that's  when he levels out.   If Bradley wants to be a top player in this league (which hes proven he does...he works on his game every year)   You don't know.....He could go into this off season and  improve his passing and the ability to create off the dribble. Mostly create his own or other shots better....next year and still develop into a PG. 

IF AB could delevlop more PG skills I'd be willing to move Terry.     Pay IT, him in 2019.  As long as Brown/Fultz become our 2/3 guards.  They have the size to replace Smart.   
Diggles

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

@mrceltics2013:

Saying Bradley is as good as he will ever be is simply NOT KNOWING the player. He's gotten better every year and is on the right side of 30. Respect him a little bit. Also, telling he probably wouldn't start for them is absolutely crazy.
Bradley is great, but he's leveled out.  He has done everything right in his career and improved his skills in ALL areas, but he has no further upside.

That said, I would offer Crowder and Rozier instead.  Bradley is just too valuable.

LEVELED OUT?    Everyone has said how much he improved his offense this year.  So I did not see him level out this year.......When a guy stops improving that's  when he levels out.   If Bradley wants to be a top player in this league (which hes proven he does...he works on his game every year)   You don't know.....He could go into this off season and  improve his passing and the ability to create off the dribble. Mostly create his own or other shots better....next year and still develop into a PG. 

IF AB could delevlop more PG skills I'd be willing to move Terry.     Pay IT, him in 2019.  As long as Brown/Fultz become our 2/3 guards.  They have the size to replace Smart.   
Yup, leveled out.  I don't see much chance he will improve further.  He's just not talented enough.  It's okay, we can agree to disagree.

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 01:14:20 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I would actually trade AB for a pick next year top 6 protected and bottom 20 protected. By doing this it allows you to do the following:

1. Free up cap space this year for a max FA.
2. Allows you to move along with developing Fultz.
3. Frees up future money to build a balanced roster.
4. If you were able to land Porter Jr in next years draft it still allows you to find a quality big prospect in the draft. (There are a ton of big prospects next year)

For these reasons I would not hesitate to trade AB although I really like him as a player but Im not trading him and other parts for a pick this year.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

@mrceltics2013:

Yup, leveled out.  I don't see much chance he will improve further.  He's just not talented enough.  It's okay, we can agree to disagree.
Yeah, aside from the rebounding this year statistically Bradley has been pretty much the same player the last 4 seasons.  Obviously he will get more saavy and learn more tricks, but he will also start losing some of the athleticism.  8 years players don't just take a magical jump, especially with consistent high level playing time for almost that entire 7 years previously.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
One year of Bradley doesn't get #7 from a team that doesn't need a 2 in the first place.
Teague/Hill/12 were all involved in a trade.  Teague was traded for Hill and Hill was traded for 12, which then went to the team trading Teague.  Teague and Hill were both in their final year.  Bradley is certainly a comparable player to Hill and isn't much behind Teague (if at all, depending on your preference).  Obviously 7 is bigger than 12, but I don't think a Bradley/Rozier for 7 swap is crazy, and Bradley clearly fills a real need on that team i.e. a solid defender that isn't terrible offensively.  I mean with Rush instead of Lavine, Minnesota was essentially the same team and Rush is no where near the overall player of Lavine, Rush just fits better.  Bradley is a significantly better version of Rush, I can totally see Minnesota acquiring Bradley and then looking to move Lavine in a separate trade (maybe attach him to Rubio to really clear the decks).

Utah effectively traded #12 for Hill.

1. George Hill is probably better than Bradley, but we'll call them equal for the sake of the discussion.

2. Pick #12 in 2016 is exponentially less valuable than #7 in 2017. Let's put names to these picks. That's essentially Taurean Prince and Jonathan Isaac. We're talking about totally different classes of prospect.

3. I could see us getting a similar offer to the Hill deal. Do you want to trade Bradley to the Pistons for #12 this year? That deal is probably out there, but again, let's put faces to the picks. Do you want to trade one year of Bradley for OG Anunoby? Now, maybe you do; I'd consider it. However, on the whole, people really need to lower their expectations for a potential Bradley trade.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If you're trading Bradley you more than likely are getting back a 2018 first rounder with top 10 protection, that way we don't bring back salary that would impede a max free agent from signing. It also probably means Olynyk is getting re-signed.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
The idea behind trading Avery Bradley is that he has 1 year left on his contract, and will then need to be paid.  In today's NBA, where Evan Turner gets 5 years and $75 million, Bradley will cost that, or likely more.  Teams have to decide if spending $20 million or so on a very good role player is good business for the roster and teams future.  For the C's, I don't think it is.  In the NBA you win with stars, and you can't overpay good but not great players.  The C's already did that to sign Horford, and they can't do it with Bradley imo.  Especially if they look to sign a max FA (or bring one in), with IT needing a new deal too.   They can't sign them all, and with there being a glutony of guards on the roster, with Fultz likely to come, one of them (or more) is likely to go.  I think Smart is much cheaper to resign, Rozier won't net them much, so Bradley is probably the guy who goes.  While he's a good player with strong aspects to his game, he does have limited skills and may have peaked as a player.   If they don't trade him now, they run the risk of losing him for nothing next offseason.

Crowder is the guy that won't likely get traded, if for his tremendous contract alone.  He is signed cheap for 3 more years I think, and is a starting quality player.  I personally don't think he's going anywhere, unless the deal is too good to pass up.