Author Topic: So without Rondo this means everything prior to this was Sully's fault, right?  (Read 6854 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Remember whenever Rondo would get hurt and then the team would play well people would say it was all because Rondo did everything wrong? Oh there's better ball movement without Rondo. We don't have to worry about free throw shooting without Rondo.  You remember.

Where are those people right now to say we are way better without Sully and KO, so we should take pennies on the dollar to get rid of them? 

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Remember whenever Rondo would get hurt and then the team would play well people would say it was all because Rondo did everything wrong? Oh there's better ball movement without Rondo. We don't have to worry about free throw shooting without Rondo.  You remember.

Where are those people right now to say we are way better without Sully and KO, so we should take pennies on the dollar to get rid of them?

So, are you doing a parody of butt-hurt Rondo fans?

Mike

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No, I'm just following the logic.

We're clearly playing better without Sully and KO. 

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
does this thread have a point besides baiting people?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think nobody is saying we are better without Sully and KO is because we don't know what would happen with them in the lineup with Isaiah who can create his own shot and work really well in the pick and roll.

They could prove to be even better than we thought they were because IT makes the defense react very differently than when Rondo was running the show. They could get better looks at the 3 or roll to the basket where sully could bowling ball his way to the basket or KO could finesse his way in. We just don't know yet.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Whether it does or not I want to get in on the ground floor of saying we don't need Sully or KO. We need to trade them or bench them. 

I'd rather trade them and some picks for Drummond. Then draft Cauly Stein.  They went out and we took off. The evidence speaks for itself.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
does this thread have a point besides baiting people?

I think you nailed it.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Keep in mind the day we lost Sully we acquired Thomas (and Jerebko for that matter) I think people are attributing the improved play to them, and rightfully so. They have been an infusion of energy, scoring and athleticism we have long lacked.

Also keep in mind the one game w/out Sully and prior to Isaiah we lost to the Kings in a game where our frontcourt got dominated. Sully tends to be a beast against the Kings. We missed him that game and I think we still do. Most fans understand that.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I think nobody is saying we are better without Sully and KO is because we don't know what would happen with them in the lineup with Isaiah who can create his own shot and work really well in the pick and roll.

They could prove to be even better than we thought they were because IT makes the defense react very differently than when Rondo was running the show. They could get better looks at the 3 or roll to the basket where sully could bowling ball his way to the basket or KO could finesse his way in. We just don't know yet.
They would be just as likely to be ball dominant. Would they play defense like the guys right now? We saw what Zeller could do tonight so there's no reason to take minutes from him and Jonas is playing the best ball of his career. I'm not sure they weren't the problem. An out of shape forward and a soft stretch four. Don't need em.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
At the very least if Sully and KO were to come back and we were to start playing worse than we would have to start beating the drum for them to go whether the stats suggest they are playing well or not.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'm also willing to entertain the notion that Jeff Green was a serious problem. IT rebounds better than him

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
As youve by now pointed out there were countless variables. We have been pretty hot since Green left and along with the loss of Sully on deadline day the team completely changed identity with Isaiah taken the reins as the primary ballhandler and scorer.

Could Sully and KO have been a part of the problem? sure but fans arent really coming to that conclusion because there are wayyy to many other variables along with the fact that i seem to recall we were pretty hot just prior to sullys injury so its not like it was a turning point
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
As youve by now pointed out there were countless variables. We have been pretty hot since Green left and along with the loss of Sully on deadline day the team completely changed identity with Isaiah taken the reins as the primary ballhandler and scorer.

Could Sully and KO have been a part of the problem? sure but fans arent really coming to that conclusion because there are wayyy to many other variables along with the fact that i seem to recall we were pretty hot just prior to sullys injury so its not like it was a turning point
Just looked it up and we had won 4 of 5 with the only loss being a 3 pt loss in the final seconds to a playoff bound bucks team. So we were playing probably our best ball of the season with Sully. This is why people arent attributing our success to his absence.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So I guess it's KO's fault then. 

Your points are fair and interesting but by the same token people attribute Rondo's arrival to  the decline of the Mavs even though Parsons is injured and Dirk is having a major down year for him, so I'm not 100% sure we really need to consider all the variables.

The team is doing great and I definitely think there's a danger messing it up with other guys.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You really think Sullinger and Olynyk make a difference one way or the other? They'd be traded tomorrow and no-one would notice, but the sad reality is that no-one wants broken toys.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."