Author Topic: Celtics (37-20) at Raptors (33-24) Game #58 2/24/17  (Read 60721 times)

Re: Celtics (37-20) at Raptors (33-24) Game #58 2/24/17
« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2017, 10:56:31 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Wow, We are still 2nd in the East with the top chance for the #1 pick in the draft and people are bummed out we didn't get PJ Tucker so we can beat the Raptors in a regular season game?

Number 2 lol.  Thee seeding Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is conditional at best.  You really think we can beat the Raps or Wizards in 7 games?  Lol.  Ok.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Celtics management obviously didnt care about this season success, but atleast we still have 100 draft picks to stash in europe these next few years.
Well, you're at least half right. It's not just about this season.

I understand we dont want to give away the brooklyn picks.
but we could have upgraded easily using some of our other picks, even if it is for a possible rental
a rental of who exactly?  who is the miracle player that could be had for less than Brooklyn picks or gutting the core of the team that would make us significantly better where we actually contend --> because that's the only point in 'renting' a player.

Ibaka. I think we legitimately have a chance of beating Cleveland with Ibaka. We get AB back and add Ibaka, that's a legitimate chance to get to the finals, and it only would've cost something like Rozier, Zeller, and the Memphis or Clippers pick. But Danny is irrationally high on Rozier.

What is holding us back right now is twofold: not having AB for his scoring and being the third guard in our rotation and not having that one extra big to play. This lineup would seriously challenge Cleveland:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: AB, Green
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Ibaka, KO/JJ
C: Horford, Amir

This whole "not commit to the present but not fully commit to the future" crap is just totally asinine to me. We either need to pick a focus or actually use some of our lesser assets and make us at least a faux contender right now. Rozier and the Memphis pick are the price to pay for someone like Ibaka, and you wouldn't even have to resign him this summer. Just renounce his Bird rights and sign Griffin, Hayward, or whoever else you have your sights set on if it doesn't work out the rest of the year.
Faux contenders? Is that an oxymoron? What would legitimately be the point of that.

« Reply #542 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
People are having knee jerk reactions.

The Celtics played pretty good tonight and I honestly the Raptors just hit everything down the stretch aided by some real home cooking.

That's the way I saw it, plus Jaylen had a nice game as did Smart.

That is what is happening EVERY game vs Raptors now. we play well for awhile and get washed away in the 4th because the Raptors hit everything they throw up. They always hit everything - that is their game and Stevens can't figure out better defensive matchups or how to discipline his offense. This team makes me crazy.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
What is sad and pathetic is that these guys gave almost their all.  They put up defensive effort they haven't this season.  And we still lost.  This is basically the revelation of what is to come in the playoffs.

Morons on this board needs to shut tha **** up.  I'm looking at Danny Ainge aplologist morons.  Here is your future.  How is that moral victory?  Taste good?

This is not the team you will see in 2 years.

If we don't get rid of Ainge, this is the type of team i'd see in green in 7 years.  Morons don't see past what is right in front of them.  I'm glad i'm not one of those.

Really? No improvement if we get a top 4 pick two years running?

How that working for the timberwolves or kings?  Would be great if you had a GM that traded for vet help or a coach that played the rookies to make them better.  But they'll rot on the bench so the scrubs that earned their spot can play because ya know, that's the Celtic way :P

Are either of those teams in second place in the East? We also will have better draft picks than either of them. Your comparing apples to basketballs!

What's your point?  What's second place and draft picks gonna do when your match up terribly against your opponent?

« Reply #544 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
What is sad and pathetic is that these guys gave almost their all.  They put up defensive effort they haven't this season.  And we still lost.  This is basically the revelation of what is to come in the playoffs.

Morons on this board needs to shut tha **** up.  I'm looking at Danny Ainge aplologist morons.  Here is your future.  How is that moral victory?  Taste good?

If we don't get rid of Ainge, this is the type of team i'd see in green in 7 years.  Morons don't see past what is right in front of them.  I'm glad i'm not one of those.

I guess insulting other Celtics fans with crude, offensive statements is the new norm. Pathetic. I am embarrassed to root for the same team as some who take pleasure in calling others with differing opinions morons. Take a long look in the mirror someday soon. The reflection I see is sickening.

« Reply #545 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/835333855695380480

Bad Celtics loss. It's hard to accept that they didn't try to improve the bench at the deadline when they have 240 picks.

But Rozier, though...

« Reply #546 on: February 24, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Riiiight. Let's fire Ainge. Problem solved.

You may not fire him but hold his azz accountable.  Ppl are even afraid to do that.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #547 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Al Horford ........ 8 pts. & 5 rbs. in one of the biggest games of the season @ 25 M per, no less.

PJ Tucker 9 pts and 10 rebounds. Guess we didn't need him.
Ibaka 15 pts 7 rebounds
Amir Johnson led the Cs with 6 rebounds.

« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Wow, We are still 2nd in the East with the top chance for the #1 pick in the draft and people are bummed out we didn't get PJ Tucker so we can beat the Raptors in a regular season game?

Number 2 lol.  Thee seeding **** is conditional at best.  You really think we can beat the Raps or Wizards in 7 games?  Lol.  Ok.

Yes, I do. I don't know if it will happen but it could. If injuries play a part we could be in the finals and we have a bunch of good picks and Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart. I couldn't be happier with this very quick but not over rebuild. Anyone here remember the Celtics before Ainge became GM?

« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Al Horford ........ 8 pts. & 5 rbs. in one of the biggest games of the season @ 25 M per, no less.

Hey Danny thinks we're gonna have a big summer!  I smell javale McGee at 40 mil 8)

« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Celtics management obviously didnt care about this season success, but atleast we still have 100 draft picks to stash in europe these next few years.
Well, you're at least half right. It's not just about this season.

I understand we dont want to give away the brooklyn picks.
but we could have upgraded easily using some of our other picks, even if it is for a possible rental
a rental of who exactly?  who is the miracle player that could be had for less than Brooklyn picks or gutting the core of the team that would make us significantly better where we actually contend --> because that's the only point in 'renting' a player.

Ibaka. I think we legitimately have a chance of beating Cleveland with Ibaka. We get AB back and add Ibaka, that's a legitimate chance to get to the finals, and it only would've cost something like Rozier, Zeller, and the Memphis or Clippers pick. But Danny is irrationally high on Rozier.

What is holding us back right now is twofold: not having AB for his scoring and being the third guard in our rotation and not having that one extra big to play. This lineup would seriously challenge Cleveland:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: AB, Green
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Ibaka, KO/JJ
C: Horford, Amir

This whole "not commit to the present but not fully commit to the future" crap is just totally asinine to me. We either need to pick a focus or actually use some of our lesser assets and make us at least a faux contender right now. Rozier and the Memphis pick are the price to pay for someone like Ibaka, and you wouldn't even have to resign him this summer. Just renounce his Bird rights and sign Griffin, Hayward, or whoever else you have your sights set on if it doesn't work out the rest of the year.
Faux contenders? Is that an oxymoron? What would legitimately be the point of that.

Meaning borderline contenders, which I think we would be. We're a starting big away from being a borderline contender, and Ibaka just so happened to be the perfect fit. Adding him and AB to the team we currently have, and that's a borderline contender that could knock off Cleveland and make it to the Finals.

« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Riiiight. Let's fire Ainge. Problem solved.

You may not fire him but hold his azz accountable.  Ppl are even afraid to do that.

If we're bounced in the first round again, ownership must and will hold him accountable. If you listened to Wyc on the radio today, he didn't even attempt to offer a defense as to why Ainge made no secondary moves yesterday.

« Reply #552 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Really? No improvement if we get a top 4 pick two years running?

How that working for the timberwolves or kings?  Would be great if you had a GM that traded for vet help or a coach that played the rookies to make them better.  But they'll rot on the bench so the scrubs that earned their spot can play because ya know, that's the Celtic way :P

Are either of those teams in second place in the East? We also will have better draft picks than either of them. Your comparing apples to basketballs!

What's your point?  What's second place and draft picks gonna do when your match up terribly against your opponent?

We are setting up to win tittles not to beat the Raptors in February.

« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2017, 11:03:16 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

Number 2 lol.  Thee seeding **** is conditional at best.  You really think we can beat the Raps or Wizards in 7 games?  Lol.  Ok

Yes, I do. I don't know if it will happen but it could. If injuries play a part we could be in the finals and we have a bunch of good picks and Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart. I couldn't be happier with this very quick but not over rebuild. Anyone here remember the Celtics before Ainge became GM?

Lol, you're cute  :D

« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Number 2 lol.  Thee seeding **** is conditional at best.  You really think we can beat the Raps or Wizards in 7 games?  Lol.  Ok

Lol, you're cute  :D

I didn't think this was some kind of dating site...