Author Topic: Celtics (37-20) at Raptors (33-24) Game #58 2/24/17  (Read 60731 times)

Re: Celtics (37-20) at Raptors (33-24) Game #58 2/24/17
« Reply #555 on: February 24, 2017, 11:05:33 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
What is sad and pathetic is that these guys gave almost their all.  They put up defensive effort they haven't this season.  And we still lost.  This is basically the revelation of what is to come in the playoffs.

Morons on this board needs to shut tha **** up.  I'm looking at Danny Ainge aplologist morons.  Here is your future.  How is that moral victory?  Taste good?

This is not the team you will see in 2 years.

If we don't get rid of Ainge, this is the type of team i'd see in green in 7 years.  Morons don't see past what is right in front of them.  I'm glad i'm not one of those.

Really? No improvement if we get a top 4 pick two years running?

How that working for the timberwolves or kings?  Would be great if you had a GM that traded for vet help or a coach that played the rookies to make them better.  But they'll rot on the bench so the scrubs that earned their spot can play because ya know, that's the Celtic way :P

Are either of those teams in second place in the East? We also will have better draft picks than either of them. Your comparing apples to basketballs!

What's your point?  What's second place and draft picks gonna do when your match up terribly against your opponent?

We are setting up to win tittles not to beat the Raptors in February.

Whew, there for a minute I thought the raptors might actually be in the playoffs with us

« Reply #556 on: February 24, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Even with DeMar DeRozan back the Celtics would barely lose. Definitely Avery Bradley is missed here.

But seriously, when you are up 17 points you need to continue building the momentum.

What will be underrated by almost everyone here was IT's stupid retaliation face-slap against Derozan.

That was the beginning of the end of this game.  IT has one major flaw - when you disrespect him physically, he gets petty.  And he took himself out of the game mentally after that.

« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
maybe the Nets can beat GSW tomorrow. lol

« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
What is sad and pathetic is that these guys gave almost their all.  They put up defensive effort they haven't this season.  And we still lost.  This is basically the revelation of what is to come in the playoffs.

Morons on this board needs to shut tha **** up.  I'm looking at Danny Ainge aplologist morons.  Here is your future.  How is that moral victory?  Taste good?

If we don't get rid of Ainge, this is the type of team i'd see in green in 7 years.  Morons don't see past what is right in front of them.  I'm glad i'm not one of those.

Really? No improvement if we get a top 4 pick two years running?

How that working for the timberwolves or kings?  Would be great if you had a GM that traded for vet help or a coach that played the rookies to make them better.  But they'll rot on the bench so the scrubs that earned their spot can play because ya know, that's the Celtic way :P

Are either of those teams in second place in the East? We also will have better draft picks than either of them. Your comparing apples to basketballs!

What's your point?  What's second place and draft picks gonna do when your match up terribly against your opponent?

We are setting up to win tittles not to beat the Raptors in February.

Whew, there for a minute I thought the raptors might actually be in the playoffs with us

And 14 other teams. But that's not happening yet.

« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Even with DeMar DeRozan back the Celtics would barely lose. Definitely Avery Bradley is missed here.

But seriously, when you are up 17 points you need to continue building the momentum.

What will be underrated by almost everyone here was IT's stupid retaliation face-slap against Derozan.

That was the beginning of the end of this game.  IT has one major flaw - when you disrespect him physically, he gets petty.  And he took himself out of the game mentally after that.

Good point. IT got played.

« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
‏@ByJayKing 
 Stevens pointed out the obvious: Tucker and Ibaka made a big difference letting Toronto go "small" while keeping physicality.

Why can't we get players like that...

« Reply #561 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I guess insulting other Celtics fans with crude, offensive statements is the new norm. Pathetic. I am embarrassed to root for the same team as some who take pleasure in calling others with differing opinions morons. Take a long look in the mirror someday soon. The reflection I see is sickening.

When i'm the minority around here who sees truth for truth and had the courage to stand on my two feet and hold up the mirror to legions while still professing my love for the only basketball team i ever love, you've got to give me credit.  I've tried to be nice and cordial and make them see how Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed up things are but they don't,...Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. that.

I criticise the Celtics because i love it and because i'm that big a fan.  We have a standard here and i'm holding up its mirrors.  Deal with it.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
‏@ByJayKing 
 Stevens pointed out the obvious: Tucker and Ibaka made a big difference letting Toronto go "small" while keeping physicality.

Danny ainge

« Reply #563 on: February 24, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This wasn't the best game for Stevens.

When are you going start demanding at least 10 shots from Horford?

« Reply #564 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
This wasn't the best game for Stevens.

When are you going start demanding at least 10 shots from Horford?

Horford agrees....

‏@AdamHimmelsbach  7m7 minutes ago
Horford is asked if he needs more than 5 shots in a game like this. "I think so...there's no question."

« Reply #565 on: February 24, 2017, 11:19:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, tp - disastrous way to end the first half. Still, we were up by 10 and we never should have blown such a lead. I am very disappointed in this Stevens led team and am on the precipice of having 2nd thoughts about making more of a major move this deadline.

It's almost like we are afraid of being any more than really good - certainly don't have the attitude to be the 'best'.

« Reply #566 on: February 24, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Jesus Christ, Horford is so bad on PnR defense. Just completely left Derozan open there.

It's okay, though, cuz he makes up for it with his rebounding. Oh wait ...
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #567 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

I guess insulting other Celtics fans with crude, offensive statements is the new norm. Pathetic. I am embarrassed to root for the same team as some who take pleasure in calling others with differing opinions morons. Take a long look in the mirror someday soon. The reflection I see is sickening.

When i'm the minority around here who sees truth for truth and had the courage to stand on my two feet and hold up the mirror to legions while still professing my love for the only basketball team i ever love, you've got to give me credit.  I've tried to be nice and cordial and make them see how ****ed up things are but they don't,...**** that.

I criticise the Celtics because i love it and because i'm that big a fan.  We have a standard here and i'm holding up its mirrors.  Deal with it.

I'm with you.  Because had we won all the apologist woulda been coming out of the woodwork calling us every name in the book.  Criticizing your team when they need it doesn't make you less of a fan.  I'd argue it shows the depth of your passion.  It's like when you yell at your kids when they're about to do something g wrong.  If you love them you'll get angry to show you're serious not just say...ah well go ahead over there and pet  that ferocious lion, everything's fine  :P

« Reply #568 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
‏@ByJayKing 

Because we're not having one last roll of the dice at contending with a 31 year old Kyle Lowry by trading all our available picks at the deadline.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #569 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Where the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is Avery Bradley?

Seriously.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?