Author Topic: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17  (Read 62888 times)

Re: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17
« Reply #645 on: November 08, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Marc Jackson: if the Lakers just fixed 20 to 25 plays, they could have won.

Lol. Is that supposed to be encouraging?

my jaw dropped when he said that too.  20-25 bone headed plays.  This laker team is not smart, with the exception of Ball, they really don't share the ball.  If the losses start to pile up, I could see this team just spiraling...

Right!! Almost spit the wine out of mouth! Oh, No Hayward, Tatum, Big Al and Kyrie was seated good portion of second ...lol..20-25 plays fixed vs second string and they could win 😁😁

« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2017, 10:30:45 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Clarkson is a much better player than Ball. The Lakers blew the game by taking him out down the stretch.
Supposedly he can't play defense but he had twice as many steals as Smart despite 8 less minutes.  And he had the same number of rebounds (so far) despite all of Smart's intensity

Pretty sure Kyrie leads the league in steals so far. By this logic, he's then clearly the best defender in the league.  ::)

Only a fool would make the implication that Clarkson is a better defender than Smart.
Let's say Clarkson is playing Smart one on one to 100. Clarkson shoots 51% and Smart shoots 31%. Quick. Who played better defense?

Clarkson shoots significantly better from 3 point land than Smart shoots overall. He's that much better.

One guy doesn't drag his team down. The other does.

You are trying to avoid answering him lol. Getting more steals doesnt mean you are the better defender. Im pretty sure Kyrie Irving isnt the best defender in the NBA.

« Reply #647 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Underrated hero tonight, Marcus Morris. His 18 points were huge for us tonight.

Had no idea he scored that much  :o

« Reply #648 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
This is why you step on teams neck and crush them when you have them down. Shame on CBS for not calling timeout to stem the Laker's comeback.

Lakers are gonna win this sad to say. No consistency. Where's the D man.

!remindmein2hours

Sick prognostication brah. THE SKY IS FALLING!

Please.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #649 on: November 08, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Underrated hero tonight, Marcus Morris. His 18 points were huge for us tonight.

Yep. On a night like tonight I'd really like to see him more with the second unit. He could bring a stable vet scoring presence to that unit.

« Reply #650 on: November 08, 2017, 10:32:22 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This is why you step on teams neck and crush them when you have them down. Shame on CBS for not calling timeout to stem the Laker's comeback.

!remindmein2hours

Please.

TP

« Reply #651 on: November 08, 2017, 10:33:00 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558

Lol. Is that supposed to be encouraging?

my jaw dropped when he said that too.  20-25 bone headed plays.  This laker team is not smart, with the exception of Ball, they really don't share the ball.  If the losses start to pile up, I could see this team just spiraling...

Right!! Almost spit the wine out of mouth! Oh, No Hayward, Tatum, Big Al and Kyrie was seated good portion of second ...lol..20-25 plays fixed vs second string and they could win 😁😁

wait...................wth.............you on the wine already baw? WOW, this will be a fun season and even better playoffs! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #652 on: November 08, 2017, 10:33:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Clarkson is a much better player than Ball. The Lakers blew the game by taking him out down the stretch.
Supposedly he can't play defense but he had twice as many steals as Smart despite 8 less minutes.  And he had the same number of rebounds (so far) despite all of Smart's intensity

Pretty sure Kyrie leads the league in steals so far. By this logic, he's then clearly the best defender in the league.  ::)

Only a fool would make the implication that Clarkson is a better defender than Smart.
Let's say Clarkson is playing Smart one on one to 100. Clarkson shoots 51% and Smart shoots 31%. Quick. Who played better defense?

Clarkson shoots significantly better from 3 point land than Smart shoots overall. He's that much better.

You are trying to avoid answering him lol. Getting more steals doesnt mean you are the better defender. Im pretty sure Kyrie Irving isnt the best defender in the NBA.
People are avoiding me on this one, aren't they?  The Celts forced more TOs. I give him that. He did well on assists to TOs and he got a block. But Smart is to shooting what Tebow is to throwing a football.

« Reply #653 on: November 08, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558

!remindmein2hours

Please.

sigh...........i tried telling posters to RELAX all game.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #654 on: November 08, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I just hope we hear some good news regarding the injuries.

Hope Tatum is okay and Horford can return soon.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Lol. Is that supposed to be

wait...................wth.............you on the wine already baw? WOW, this will be a fun season and even better playoffs! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Had a tough week so far! Wine is my saviour like Baynes tonight! Plus, anytime we olay Lakers is like playoffs to me!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:40:17 PM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #656 on: November 08, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

People are avoiding me on this one, aren't they?  The Celts forced more TOs. I give him that. He did well on assists to TOs and he got a block. But Smart is to shooting what Tebow is to throwing a football.
again, your logic....first you talk defense, now you talk offense as if your argument was connected. maybe let's all follow the lead of another poster and go get some wine.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #657 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Surprised Semi and not Brown played most of 4th quarter crunch time. Brown not inserted back until about 3 min left.

« Reply #658 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Lol you sound senile bro.

Smart isn't letting Clarkson shoot 51% on him in one on one, and Smart is going to take him to the post and shoot 60%.

Quit hating on Smart, I mean come on.

« Reply #659 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

again, your logic....first you talk defense, now you talk offense as if your argument was connected. maybe let's all follow the lead of another poster and go get some wine.  ;D
Right. Overrated defender. Horrid on offense. Two parts of basketball connected to the same player. But hey. He's intense. He tries hard or something.