Author Topic: The 10 best shooting guards of the last decade - 4 - Ray Allen  (Read 4900 times)

Re: The 10 best shooting guards of the last decade - 4 - Ray Allen
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Rediculously flawed list. Doesnt PP play the same position as Kobe AND Dwade? None of them are shooting guards. Bogus list. Pure SG? Ray is # 1 with Manu a close 2nd.

No Pierce is small forward. He's played shooting guard at times in his career but he is generally viewed as a small forward. Bryant, Dwade and Ray are shooting guards. We are talking about positions here not necessarily the best  or purest shooter which Ray would probably be number one on. I think Manu is just about right on the list. He certainly shouldn't be any higher. AI for sure should have been higher and Vince carter should have been lower

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Yeah, Carter shouldn't be 3. Rip is underrated on the list, so is Manu. Redd is overrated. Considering it's for the decade, Roy's a bit high.

My list:
1 Kobe
2 Wade
3 Manu
4 Allen
5 Iverson
6 Carter
7 Hamilton
8 McGrady
9 Roy
10 Redd
I'd say my list goes something like this:
1. Kobe
2. AI (even though his game has dropped off dramatically, he's still the third leading scorer in NBA history)
3. Wade
4. Allen (best. shooter. all-time. period.)
5. Ginobli
6. McGrady (he'd be higher if he was healthy his whole career and knew how to get out of the first round of the playoffs)
7. Joe Johnson
8. Gilbert Arenas
9. Durant (he'll be a lot higher by the end of his career)
10. Roy (same as for Durant)

here's a better and way more accurate assessment of top SG's: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/62419-erick-blascos-top-30-nba-shooting-guards/page/2

I don't think carter should be as he was on the list but you are ranking guys like joe johnson gilbert and mcgrady over him? At least Carter has made a finals appearance and has put up some pretty impressive numbers for 10 years. Also I don't think you can put Durant on the list since he has only played in 2 of the last 10 years

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Reggie Miller seems to be missing? Granted he was no spring chicken, but he still had some good seasons during the early years of the decade.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:55 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
i say
1. kobe
2. AI
3. Ray Ray
4. Carter
5. Wade - give him time
6. Manu
7. Rip
8. Joe Johnson
9. Stack
10. Roy - give more time

i dont consider SG's:  T-mac, Pierce, Arenas, or Durant
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp