Author Topic: This run is special but even more so for Celticsblog and my CB friends  (Read 3992 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Its not often you get to wax nostolgic about the good times and the great friends and people you have met on this site but I just thought given the great vibes this Celtics team is giving off, that we can acknowledge the great people we have met on this site that have helped make this Celticsblog experience for us so special. Being a Celtic fan and being a Celtic fan on social media and the internet is special. It like being the all encompassing, everything fan. Its awesome.

Do not use this thread to speak bad of others or I will suspend you quicker than Lebron would turn around and complain to a ref about a no call.

So for me I have been contributing on the board since the 2006-07 season. We all know what has transpired in Celtic history since then but some of the people that have gotten me through the good years and bad:

Roy H. .... My man, my rock.
Jeff...just for always having this place here
Edgar... Dude you need to make a return. Dondo estas mi amino
Redz...my favorite clown and who always put things in perspective
Bassthumper...my sipping main man
KcattheStripe...dude can you let me live down Wesley Matthews ...now..please and come back and post
IP...had our ups and downs but I found your commentary was the most entertaining on the blog and always loved and respected what you had to say. CB needs more IP
Rondo2287...yes we should have won the CB draft as co-GMs that year with a team of Lebron, Milsap, Wesley Matthews, Tyson Chandler and Chauncey Billups. In 2011 with that team in good health and Boris Diaw,Brandon Jennings, Mike Miller, Nazr Mohammed, Gary Neal and Eddie House coming off the bench, we should have been CB Draft Champs.
BballTim...miss being the  only 2 guys on the blog to defend Rondo no matter what, from the very beginning of Rondo until the end
Coach Bo...you crotchety old man you
Thirstyboots...my lady in the FLA
Yoki... My padawan
KGsKnees...a goodfriend
FLCeltsfan...without your awesome game threads I think I might be a member of CB stilled

Guys that have added so much to my experience here:
Saltover...thanks for all the CBA info
Fwf...IMO the most intelligent and cool guy on the site
Eja...thanks for the pure, unadulterated Boston fandom
Phosita...awesome insight as always
Greenfaith1918... Your unwithering green faith shine
Rolliemass

Some newer guys whose posting I love but haven't gotten closer with but see them as the future of this site
Celticsclay
Phantom 255
Greece666
Sparwizard
Boris Badenov
Big333223
BeatLA...how can I forget my emoji man
Footey
Sophomore

I know I left off a ton of great people but why don't you help me out by letting me know all the great people who make Celticsblog special for you and who you are gonna wanna be online with when the Cs win it all this year

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I haven't been as long here, but I will join in the warm hello to all CB's.
It a nice initiative, and it's a good day to be a Celtic fan.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Its not often you get to wax nostolgic about the good times and the great friends and people you have met on this site but I just thought given the great vibes this Celtics team is giving off, that we can acknowledge the great people we have met on this site that have helped make this Celticsblog experience for us so special. Being a Celtic fan and being a Celtic fan on social media and the internet is special. It like being the all encompassing, everything fan. Its awesome.

Do not use this thread to speak bad of others or I will suspend you quicker than Lebron would turn around and complain to a ref about a no call.

So for me I have been contributing on the board since the 2006-07 season. We all know what has transpired in Celtic history since then but some of the people that have gotten me through the good years and bad:

KcattheStripe...dude can you let me live down Wesley Matthews ...now..please and come back and post
IP...had our ups and downs but I found your commentary was the most entertaining on the blog and always loved and respected what you had to say. CB needs more IP
Rondo2287...yes we should have won the CB draft as co-GMs that year with a team of Lebron, Milsap, Wesley Matthews, Tyson Chandler and Chauncey Billups. In 2011 with that team in good health and Boris Diaw,Brandon Jennings, Mike Miller, Nazr Mohammed, Gary Neal and Eddie House coming off the bench, we should have been CB Draft Champs.
BballTim...miss being the  only 2 guys on the blog to defend Rondo no matter what, from the very beginning of Rondo until the end
Yoki... My padawan
KGsKnees...a goodfriend
FLCeltsfan...without your awesome game threads I think I might be a member of CB stilled

Rolliemass

Some newer guys whose posting I love but haven't gotten closer with but see them as the future of this site
Celticsclay
Phantom 255
Greece666
Sparwizard
Boris Badenov
Big333223
Footey
Sophomore

I know I left off a ton of great people but why don't you help me out by letting me know all the great people who make Celticsblog special for you and who you are gonna wanna be online with when the Cs win it all this year

Well I didn't even get an honorable mention for anything. This is like high school year book all over again.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
when the Cs win it all this year

Just a quick addendum to that: I wonder if the Celtics watch Miracle before every game, lol, or if Stevens pulled a Herb Brooks at halftime -

https://youtu.be/tdmyoMe4iHM?t=100

Just kidding ;D.

I'll add more, here, tomorrow, but TP for the thread and your kind words to everyone :). I miss IP, too, btw, among others :'(.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yoki... My padawan
KGsKnees...a goodfriend

Rolliemass

Celticsclay
Phantom 255
Greece666
Sparwizard
Boris Badenov
Big333223
Footey
Sophomore

Well I didn't even get an honorable mention for anything. This is like high school year book all over again.

Man, I can speak to that, unfortunately, lol, but take solace in knowing that you easily have one of the best username's on here, imo, so TP :).

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yoki... My padawan
KGsKnees...a goodfriend

Rolliemass

Celticsclay
Phantom 255
Greece666
Sparwizard
Boris Badenov
Big333223
Footey
Sophomore

Man, I can speak to that, unfortunately, lol, but take solace in knowing that you easily have one of the best username's on here, imo, so TP :).
He has easily the tastiest username here. Love me some Kung Powe Chicken...you know, the dish not the CBer, but hell, if the Cs win it all this year, I'll love the poster too. Can never have too much love amongst the Green Faithful, especially in a championship year.

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I've been registered on this site since 2007. I'm just really good at making A) bad impressions, and B) no impression at all. That said, looking at all the posters who registered within the last couple years is making this once young buck feel really old.

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great thread, I'm really glad that CB is still around and rocking too ! It's crazy to think 10 years have gone by since I got here (I had been lurking around since 2008 but got registered in '09) and the changes that went by with the team. I'm definitely of the team "still checking CB daily during the season but only posting in the playoffs" (could you call it "coasting"? ;D) so getting involved again feels really good !

It's great to see the same members and new ones, and definitely a pleasure to enjoy this crazy playoffs run in the gamethreads and between games ! I hope it ends in banner 18 in June, it seems crazy too but so far so good.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Is anyone else getting the very real feeling that we could win it all even without Kyrie and Hayward. I really am starting to think this is a real possibility. Help me my CB family. Can this really happen?

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Is anyone else getting the very real feeling that we could win it all even without Kyrie and Hayward. I really am starting to think this is a real possibility. Help me my CB family. Can this really happen?

Technically, the Warrios seem unbeatable. With that said, we've always played them tough these last couple of years. I think we could defend them very well but we would lack the scoring power without Kyrie and Hayward.

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
You lot just made me log in after x number of years.  I'm a bad forum member  :-[

That said, I'm really enjoying this team this year and do not want this run to end.  So much hope for the future too!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Technically, the Warrios seem unbeatable. With that said, we've always played them tough these last couple of years. I think we could defend them very well but we would lack the scoring power without Kyrie and Hayward.
What is technical about the Warriors seeming to be unbeatable??
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out