Poll

With the 28th pick, who would you rather choose?

Christian Wood
7 (58.3%)
Chris McCullough
3 (25%)
Neither of the two
1 (8.3%)
It doesn't matter which one of them the C's choose
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Christian Wood or Chris McCullough?  (Read 975 times)

Christian Wood or Chris McCullough?
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:37:12 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I was just looking at some mock drafts and I kept seeing these guys being drafted by the Celtics with our second pick.

I, also think that DA will use this pick to take a project so a player who will take time to develop and mostly spend time in Maine. These two guys are both guys who aren't likely to contribute right away and they're both very raw with high risk/high reward.

Let me start with Wood. This guys has a similar body and size of Anthony Davis ( 6'10 skinny, lanky with long arms). He is a super shot blocker, he's very athletic, can shoot the 3 (even though he's inconsistent) and this can be very useful down the road as there are few stretch 4 who can also protect the rim. However, his body frame is too skinny to bang down low (but he's likely to fill out) and he's gonna get pushed around easily and his work ethic is not that good (doesn't get back on D quickly, take some plays off and has a low motor).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg
He reminds me of Serge Ibaka.

Chris McCullough is a 6'9"/6'10" with a long wingspan and he makes him a similar player to Christian Wood.  The C's told him that they envision him as a stretch 4 right now and a 3 in the future. He can shoot it from mid range (he said that he wants to have a 3pt shot in his arsenal, he can face up, he can drive in a straight line, he can run the floor like a wing and can defend multiple positions, also protects the rim. The combination of his size and potential skillset also gives him an high upside.But, he is even skinnier than Wood so he will struggles to bang with other big men, he can improve his low post skills and consistency on his shot and D (played zone at Cuse).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUX0GwBO6OI
He reminds me a bit of Josh Smith.

Who would you rather choose?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:45:28 PM by Maurice98 »

Re: Christian Wood or Chris McCullough?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Christian Wood reminds me of JaJuan Johnson who we drafted 4 years ago. Same height and same small frame. If he is the BPA at #28 you obviously have to pick him, but I'd rather have someone else.

McCullough just got back from a serious knee injury, so I think that he will be available at #33 (which is where I would pick him). I would rather use the #28 on someone else (again) ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Christian Wood or Chris McCullough?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd take Christian Wood. His length with his skill set is very impressive. He needs a lot of polishing and a lot of physical maturing to be NBA ready, but you can't teach size (in his case, length) and his upside is will be worth the 2-3 year development.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace