Author Topic: Thunder enamored w/ Stanley Johnson. Think he is the best 2 way player in draft  (Read 7570 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Former Arizona swingman Stanley Johnson believes that the Thunder are enamored with his versatility and added the team has scouted him since high school, Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman writes. ?I think they think I?m the best two-way player in the draft,? Johnson said. ?And that?s appealing to them, as it is to most people. They really like me.?

Well looks like Danny is going to have to trade up into top 10 to get him, if not higher. Stevens mentioned how the c's need to add versatile players, and Stanley has to be a the top of that list . He is going to have a very good all around game .

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Former Arizona swingman Stanley Johnson believes that the Thunder are enamored with his versatility and added the team has scouted him since high school, Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman writes. ?I think they think I?m the best two-way player in the draft,? Johnson said. ?And that?s appealing to them, as it is to most people. They really like me.?

Well looks like Danny is going to have to trade up into top 10 to get him, if not higher. Stevens mentioned how the c's need to add versatile players, and Stanley has to be a the top of that list . He is going to have a very good all around game .

Why so we have to trade up for Johnson?? OKC scouting can go fly a kite

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
It's also Stanley Johnson tooting his own horn rather than any quotes from anyone in the OKC organization or even any anonymous source.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Its times like this I wish to God we never made the playoffs.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When Johnson says he thinks he is the best two way player in the draft, i wonder what he is smoking.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
meh.  isn't this what they said about Aaron Gordon last year?

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
When Johnson says he thinks he is the best two way player in the draft, i wonder what he is smoking.

He's certainly right near the top of the list . other than Winslow, no one in the top 5-10 are great 2 way players.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

No.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Winslow really stole the spotlight from Johnson in the tournament.

Mike

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
[/quote

I feel you bro now are gonna have to give up a bunch of assets to go get a player like him well

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
We would have to trade up much higher than the thunder anyway. If the thunder want him so badly, they will have to try to trade with Detroit or Charlotte. I think we can put together a better package to trade up.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
[/quote

I feel you bro now are gonna have to give up a bunch of assets to go get a player like him well

There's no way Danny is drafting 4 players this year. You gotta give them up sooner or later.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I tend to agree - he looks to me like he could be the best two-way player in the draft, and he also has great versatility. 

In the NBA there is ALWAYS a place for guys who can score, defend and play multiple positions at a high level.  That's a pretty rare combination to have.

I think he'll be a very good player, either an All-Star or borderline All-Star. 

People compare him to Crowder, but Crowder does not have Johnson's level of athleticism, nor does he have the offensive skill set.  Johnson is already a better shooter, ball handler and (probably) defender than Crowder is. 

With Johnson, Bradley and Smart wow - that would be a formidable defensive trio.  Every one of those three guys can guard at least two positions at a high level.

The key for me offensively is that Johnson can score in multiple ways - he can shoot the three, he has a nice midrange game, he can get to the basket, and he can post on smaller bigs, and he can get to the line.  Guys with that type of offensive versatility (Melo, Pierce, Joe Johnson, etc) tend to develop in to very good offensive players.

Combine that with his defensive ability and this kid's potential is through the roof.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:11:44 PM by crimson_stallion »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Winslow really stole the spotlight from Johnson in the tournament.

Mike

Interestingly enough, Stanely was mocked ahead of Winslow most of the college season.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27

No.
Nobody with half a brain, at least.