Author Topic: Upshaw couldn't catch a break.  (Read 8060 times)

Re: Upshaw couldn't catch a break.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm one of (and probably the only one) who's pushing for us to pick him at #16.

I'm on board with this insanity of taking him at #16

I'm a high roller ...... ;D

I just really think that his red flags can be worked to keep him in track and he has the most potential out of whoever maybe left in that spot.

If he's cleared to play, I hope the reach for him, because frankly, his size and his upside isn't exactly a reach at the mid 1st.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: Upshaw couldn't get a break.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
This appears to be nothing... simply precautionary. No evidence a significant problem exists, and whatever abnormality it is seems to have been previously identified. I think this works in our favor, if anything...

After Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, we will be the last franchise to take a chance on a guy with drug abuse history and heart problems. The celtics will not pick Upshaw.

Don't forget the Jeff Green ordeal.

Yes, I don't think the Celtics will take him.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
That's sucks for him but I'd be p---ed if the Celtics wasted a mid first round pick on this guy.

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I just really think that his red flags can be worked to keep him in track and he has the most potential out of whoever maybe left in that spot.

If he's cleared to play, I hope the reach for him, because frankly, his size and his upside isn't exactly a reach at the mid 1st.

I hear ya ..... I m on the band wagon  ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »

Offline NWCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I was hoping we'd get him in the first round but I wouldn't do that now.  Take a flier on him at 33 if he's still available.

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was hoping we'd get him in the first round but I wouldn't do that now.  Take a flier on him at 33 if he's still available.

I don't know that he was ever a first round candidate because of the financial obligations, but this pretty much solidifies it. I am thinking the 45th pick might be our best bet if we just want to take a flier on potential alone, but he has a long way to go to reach that potential. Hopefully Upshaw can get everything right with himself.

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

better get your heart checked.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ive got a really hard time feeling bad for a guy who managed to get kicked out of 2 D-1 schools when he knew he had millions of dollars riding on his ability to not get caught doing drugs for 2 years.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm one of (and probably the only one) who's pushing for us to pick him at #16. I hope he gets cleared to play, but this doesn't really help his draft stock. I would still pick him at #16 if he does.
I believe it's Future Celtics Fan that's been pushing for him at 16 in every thread he posts practically.   surprised he hasn't posted here yet.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA 1h1 hour ago

From a tweet this afternoon

Steve Kyler: I don't think you gasp the scope of his personal and drug issues -- this was a not guy smoking some weed.   

@MarkPerner @stevekylerNBA surely he would have gone late first without the health issues?

and

Was a lot more than two failed tests... "Multiple tests" at multiple schools. 

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wow...someone has their panties in a bunch.
  Not at all but with a name with CC at the end could that have something do with needles?   

There are kids that read the board, we do not really need people putting falsehoods about drugs out there.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
  Not at all but with a name with CC at the end could that have something do with needles?   

There are kids that read the board, we do not really need people putting falsehoods about drugs out there.

I'm no expert on the matter but anything is possible, drugs effect everyone differently. I know people that were heavy cocaine users for decades and have no negative health effects from it, you just never know.

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

You have an active imagination.  First, you think that young kids may change their drug habits based on what they read on Celticsblog...and then you think that CC is related to needles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Sorry but that's a couple of really bizarre comments.  I'll assume that you were trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny.  CC is a name abbreviation.  My full name is Jonny Con Carne...(actually that was the "stage name" I used when I was in a band) but I shortened it for the board but feel free to read more into it. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:48:24 PM by Jonny CC »
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 08:44:17 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I'm no expert on the matter but anything is possible, drugs effect everyone differently. I know people that were heavy cocaine users for decades and have no negative health effects from it, you just never know.

You are right, some people can do some hard drugs for a long time with little impact to their health while someone like Bias couldn't. 

Watch out...with a name like "dreamgreen", Celtics4ever may think that your name means that you are dreaming of pot.   ???
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

You have an active imagination.  First, you think that young kids may change their drug habits based on what they read on Celticsblog...and then you think that CC is related to needles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Sorry but that's a couple of really bizarre comments.  I'll assume that you were trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny.  CC is a name abbreviation.  My full name is Jonny Con Carne...(actually that was the "stage name" I used when I was in a band) but I shortened it for the board but feel free to read more into it.

Haha - the 'needles' comment and reaction made me lol  :P