Author Topic: Okafor over Towns 100%  (Read 5117 times)

Re: Okafor over Towns 100%
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 08:06:53 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
I truly believe Okafor has the potential to be the next T.Duncan,H.Olajuwon, or at the very least a much better Al Jefferson.

I think the best comp is Kevin McHale

I cant see why he cant be better than McHale. He has great basketball IQ,sure post moves and hes only 19! Imagine what he'll be once he develops his jumper and improves his FT percentage. Basketball people have been waiting for 6 years for this kid and suddenly hes #2 now? It just sounds like media posturing to me possibly by the Lakers lol
When he makes the hall of fame , makes more than 7 all star games , leads the league in field goal percentage multiple times , ranks in the top 10 in blocks 7 or 8 times and almost wins a league mvp and gets voted a top 50 player of all time then he may get near what McHale was able to accomplish, forget about the 6th man of the year awards and 3 championships.
You are underating the greatness of McHale.If he can have a career touching his greatness Okafor will be a lucky man.

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 09:38:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I truly believe Okafor has the potential to be the next T.Duncan,H.Olajuwon, or at the very least a much better Al Jefferson

Don't quit your day job, those guys were all quicker and more athletic.m  Okafor was very big in the NCAAs, he could bull around guys.   He plays a lot below the rim, and he is powerful.   I think he will project more as a Al Horford than the guys you mention.   He may have some trouble getting swatted from time to time.  Duncan and Hakeem were way more fluid.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
No way. You go with Towns 9 times out of 10. I can pretty much guarantee Okafor will never be as good as Towns on the defensive end. Offensively Towns is gonna shock some people when he gets to the NBA. He has a sweet touch and I will not be surprised if he develops a reliable 3 point shot at the next level. I'm not taking anything away from Okafor, he'll be an all star, but Towns is far and away the better prospect.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hey CB, I have to get something off my chest. It's driving me absolutely nuts when i see Karl-Anthony Towns go #1 over Jahlil Okafor in virtually every major media outlets mock drafts. I have no doubt that Towns will be a very good nba player for years to come because he's a two-way bigman with a sturdy frame and high motor.IMO he will be an all star caliber player and I would definitely welcome him to the Celtics with open arms and a huge smile lol.

With that said, I truly believe Okafor has the potential to be the next T.Duncan,H.Olajuwon, or at the very least a much better Al Jefferson. He has a myriad of post moves,spin moves and counter moves and he establishes deep position in the paint.He has the offensive skill to be an all-time great. He's a very good passer and patient on double teams,which he'll surely encounter at the next level.He has ideal size for an NBA center at 6'11 272 lbs, to go with a 7'5 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach.Not to mention his defense is looked at as an afterthought, but his one season at Duke produced 1.4 bpg and .8 spg.

Towns was outplayed by Frank Kaminsky in the Final Four, while Okafor dominated nearly every matchup all season and proceeded to win the championship against Kaminsky and the badgers.Okafor has been the best player on the floor every time he's stepped foot since like 8th grade and I cant see any level of basketball being too much to handle. Minnesota cant go wrong with either pick, but I believe if they pass on Jahlil Okafor they are passing on a Hall of Fame player. Am I in the minority with this?

Kaminsky outplayed both Towns and Okafor.  What do you mean?

Kaminsky got Okafor in early foul trouble without much fuss. Okafor could not keep up with Kaminsky from the perimeter.  Nice job of Okafor late in the game to get that nice basket from the post . But overall Kaminsky actually got to stay in the game (no foul trouble) to provide an impact for Wisconsin. He was their best player

Winslow was the mvp of that game for Kentucky. No question

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 12:24:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I prefer Towns over Okafor.

Sure, Jahlil is very big and very strong with an advanced offensive game, but I feel like his motor and his foot speed are significant concerns regarding his ability to defend at the next level.

I think Towns will be a better two way player.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No way. You go with Towns 9 times out of 10. I can pretty much guarantee Okafor will never be as good as Towns on the defensive end. Offensively Towns is gonna shock some people when he gets to the NBA. He has a sweet touch and I will not be surprised if he develops a reliable 3 point shot at the next level. I'm not taking anything away from Okafor, he'll be an all star, but Towns is far and away the better prospect.

Towns is the better athlete, and as of now projects to be the better defensive player, but I just don't think he'll ever have the offensive repertoire Okafor possesses.

And here's the thing with that. While athleticism cannot be "taught", it's far easier to learn how to be a good defensive player than to learn the type of post moves and develop the feel for the game Okafor has. I just don't see how Towns will ever have the potential to be the two way player Okafor could develop into if Okafor dedicates himself on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd take Okafor 10 times out of 10 over Towns. So many people who are projection Towns number 1 are going to be so wrong. Heck, I bet Winslow ends up a better pro than Towns.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 05:11:23 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

Towns is the better athlete, and as of now projects to be the better defensive player, but I just don't think he'll ever have the offensive repertoire Okafor possesses.

And here's the thing with that. While athleticism cannot be "taught", it's far easier to learn how to be a good defensive player than to learn the type of post moves and develop the feel for the game Okafor has. I just don't see how Towns will ever have the potential to be the two way player Okafor could develop into if Okafor dedicates himself on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd take Okafor 10 times out of 10 over Towns. So many people who are projection Towns number 1 are going to be so wrong. Heck, I bet Winslow ends up a better pro than Towns.

You don't need low post moves to be a dominant big man. Okafor needs a Serge Ibaka equivalent next to him to maximize his potential. He's the next Ene Kanter.

Towns can shoot, hit FTs, stretch the floor, block shots and rebound. He's a much more complete player with higher upside on both ends of the floor.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »

Offline JohnP

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Not here to argue which is going to be the best draft pick but watch this video and you will see why people like Towns over Okafor   

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Karl-Anthony-Towns-Workout-Video-and-Interview-5043

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hey CB, I have to get something off my chest. It's driving me absolutely nuts when i see Karl-Anthony Towns go #1 over Jahlil Okafor in virtually every major media outlets mock drafts. I have no doubt that Towns will be a very good nba player for years to come because he's a two-way bigman with a sturdy frame and high motor.IMO he will be an all star caliber player and I would definitely welcome him to the Celtics with open arms and a huge smile lol.

With that said, I truly believe Okafor has the potential to be the next T.Duncan,H.Olajuwon, or at the very least a much better Al Jefferson. He has a myriad of post moves,spin moves and counter moves and he establishes deep position in the paint.He has the offensive skill to be an all-time great. He's a very good passer and patient on double teams,which he'll surely encounter at the next level.He has ideal size for an NBA center at 6'11 272 lbs, to go with a 7'5 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach.Not to mention his defense is looked at as an afterthought, but his one season at Duke produced 1.4 bpg and .8 spg.

Towns was outplayed by Frank Kaminsky in the Final Four, while Okafor dominated nearly every matchup all season and proceeded to win the championship against Kaminsky and the badgers.Okafor has been the best player on the floor every time he's stepped foot since like 8th grade and I cant see any level of basketball being too much to handle. Minnesota cant go wrong with either pick, but I believe if they pass on Jahlil Okafor they are passing on a Hall of Fame player. Am I in the minority with this?

Kaminsky outplayed both Towns and Okafor.  What do you mean?

Kaminsky got Okafor in early foul trouble without much fuss. Okafor could not keep up with Kaminsky from the perimeter.  Nice job of Okafor late in the game to get that nice basket from the post . But overall Kaminsky actually got to stay in the game (no foul trouble) to provide an impact for Wisconsin. He was their best player

Winslow was the mvp of that game for Kentucky. No question
Too bad Winslow didn't play for Kentucky lol
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I hope Towns goes first. He is a local kid from my area, just a few towns over, and I would hate to see him go to the Lakers.