Author Topic: Stanley J. Thinks Celts have interest in him.  (Read 8796 times)

Re: Stanley J. Thinks Celts have interest in him.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I am huge fan, but I would buy this more if we could get him to work out for us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I am huge fan, but I would buy this more if we could get him to work out for us.
pretty sure he was on their workout list

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
They interviewed him for the combine, but he has yet to work out for the C's. The best players who have worked out in Boston are Portis, RHJ and Justin Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised if this changes in the next two weeks though.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
In his draftexpress interview he talked about how the way he jumps is really backwards and his form works against his legs and any upward motion. He went on to say that the trainers believe he could add 6 inches to his vertical by draft day just by fixing this issue.

Now this obviously could have just been him trying to minimize a major concern surrounding his ability to play at the next level, but if you add 6 inches to his vertical he could really be an elite scored. He is incredibly strong and quick and can shoot the basketball. With an extra 6 inches finishing around the rim will become much easier for him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
They interviewed him for the combine, but he has yet to work out for the C's. The best players who have worked out in Boston are Portis, RHJ and Justin Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised if this changes in the next two weeks though.

I'd be surprised if it changed.  Johnson isn't likely to fall out of the top 10.  The more workouts you go to, the greater the chance of being inured.  Theres no reason to workout for a team that is outside your range -- teams trade up all the time for players they haven't worked out personally, because they know enough to value that player.  It's not like Stanley Johnson is someone management hasn't seen for years.

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Were going to have to pay a lot to move up to be within range if Stanley Johnson,  and I say go for it.

He may not be a guy who we can call a main lice to build around, but he could be a big part of the puzzle. He can be dude who gets the tough defensive assignments and do very well.

Hope he's right, and hope the Celtics pay just the right asset to be able to snag him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Were going to have to pay a lot to move up to be within range if Stanley Johnson,  and I say go for it.

He may not be a guy who we can call a main lice to build around, but he could be a big part of the puzzle. He can be dude who gets the tough defensive assignments and do very well.

Hope he's right, and hope the Celtics pay just the right asset to be able to snag him.
while lice may have a good vertical leap, i dont think their standing reach warrants giving them a spot on the celtics.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 09:49:04 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Agreed.  I feel that Stanley Johnson is a winner.  He has amazing work ethic, big strong nba-ready body, and a very high compete level.  Stanley Johnson's mentality is what separates him from guys like Jeff Green who are merely athletically gifted, but don't have the compete level to become great.

If we can swap with Detroit and swoop in for Johnson at #8, I'd be extremely hyped about our draft!  DA can take whoever in the 2nd round,  It would be worth giving up both our firsts and another asset to get Johnson.  I believe if he hits his ceiling, he could have a Pippen-like impact.  Having Smart and Stanley Johnson on the same team would be amazing.  They both can physically dominate against their respective position on the floor.

I'm glad that the Euros and Winslow are rising, this means that SJ could slip to us.  SJ at 8-10 could potentially be a steal on the level of Paul Pierce or Joe Johnson.

Based on that video of him and his work ethic, he seems like the type of player we would love to have. Hard working, defensive kid with a great head on his shoulders with a HUGE drive to get better. Sounds a lot like Marcus and honestly, if we draft Stanley I could see these two pushing each other to greatness. Stanley at worst is a #2/3 scoring option, and a lockdown defender, however I will bet on him improving and becoming a superstar in 3 years. I say get him, he's perfect for the culture we are trying to build here.