Author Topic: Stanley J. Thinks Celts have interest in him.  (Read 8795 times)

Re: Stanley J. Thinks Celts have interest in him.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Joe Johnson is an interesting comp, but like you said ball had a lot more point guard like abilities Joe was more skilled, Stanley is a much better athlete slash physical specimen. Stanley is about 6 inches short on the vertical to being a Lebron like freak.

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Trade sully # 16 and future 1st for Stanley Johnson

Sign k love

Move Wallace and ab for cap space and future picks

Sign Marc gasol or Jordan

Pg : Thomas.  / turner
SG : Smart.      / Young
Sf : Crowder.   / Johnson
Pf  : Love.        / ko
 C: Gasol or Jordan / Zeller

Easily a contender in the east

Dang, somebody call Ainge up...

I don't think he knows it's that easy ;)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Joe Johnson and Stephen Jackson are interesting comps.  He's often compared to Ron Artest.

I've been comparing him to Stephen Jackson since the end of his junior year. I think Jax is his floor though. I think he'll be better.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Trade 16, Sullinger, and 33 for Stanley Johnson

Draft Christian Wood at 28th

Draft Arturas Gudiatis at 45 to draft and stash

Give Monroe to the max

PG: Marcus Smart
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Christian Wood
C: Greg Monroe

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Trade 16, Sullinger, and 33 for Stanley Johnson

Draft Christian Wood at 28th

Draft Arturas Gudiatis at 45 to draft and stash

Give Monroe to the max

PG: Marcus Smart
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Christian Wood
C: Greg Monroe

Nice lineup, but too much to give up for SJ, especially not knowing what Trey Lyles, Dekker, or Portis might do in the league.  Sully is too good to combine with the three potential picks above imo.  Sully and 28 better.  Or Sully, 28 and 33 at the most.

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:10 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm becoming really high on this kid. I'm not sure if this has been written elsewhere or discussed here... but a minor concern I'm having is the low release point on his shot. Curry has a low release too (not this low), but he also gets his shot off in .001 sec. If his form doesn't translate to the NBA, recreating his shot could be an issue.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 12:09:41 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Artest without the crazy (ie. a perfect player for the Cs). I love the kid, definitely someone I want the Cs to trade up for.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 03:08:42 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Would it be crazy to desire the Artest WITH the crazy? I genuinely can't help myself, but took such a strong liking to Delonte, Nate, etc. that I would receive a nutter-butter with open arms :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 04:29:53 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I will not be too dissatisfied if we traded all our picks this year to get Stanley. We have enough good bench players.

SJ has a very high floor and a high ceiling. Great work ethic, great teammate. 2-way player. Versatile defensively - can guard 3 positions well enough and would have no probs against softer PFs.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I have felt for some time that S Johnson is a viable trade up candidate. Going into the NCAA Tournament I figured he was the 5th or 6th ranked prospect in this draft behind Okafor, Towns, Rusell, and Mudiay. The two Euros I was on the fence as to rank above or below Johnson. Now that the draft process is in full swing popular belief seems to be that he has fallen behind both Herzonja and Porzingis as well as Winslow and WCS. There is even some draft speculation that Booker, Turner and/or Payne can jump ahead of him based on team needs. There are alot of variables but it appears S Johnson is sitting in the 9-12 range. If he can be had for KO + #16 or #16+#28+#33 I think this is a great long term move for the Cs.

As a player there are obvious physical similaritys between Johnson and Crowder both be very strong wide body SFs. Johnson is marginally taller (.25") but has an 1.75" longer wingspan. One minor yet surprising measurement observation is that SJ weighed in at 242 lbs at only 7.5% BF. Crowder was also an impressive 241 lbs at 9% BF. By comparison Lebron at the combine was 245lbs at 6.7% BF and Blake Griffin was 248lbs at 8.2%. Like I said minor observation but this just shows how much muscle Johnson has packed on to his only 19 year old frame. Aside from the physical resemblance I think Johnson will have a defensive role much the same as crowders. On offense he is already a superior ball handlers and should develop into a superior 3pt shooter.

If the Cs are able to trade up for Johnson I would think this would mean no resigning of Crowder. Next season would likely see Crowder and J Young serving as back ups to Turner at the 3. The hope would be that the following season or even better mid season Johnson beats of Turner for the starting job.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:37:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I could see a move up to get this kid if he's still available at #10 or so ---> nice pick up but I wouldn't give up our top 3 picks for him this year.  would like to keep #28 or #33 to either take a shot on Upshaw or Dakari.

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Ron Artest is surely the first name that comes to mind in a comparison.
Stanley seems so similar to a young Artest with his defense, size and athleticism (He isn't as crazy as Artest, which is only a plus in my book ;D!).
The above mentioned description could also reflect the playing style of Kawhi Leonard, but I think that Stanley has a long way to go before reaching Leonards level (especially in regards to his offensive game).
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Be great getting him but hope Celtics don't overpay to get him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 10:54:25 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Based on that video of him and his work ethic, he seems like the type of player we would love to have. Hard working, defensive kid with a great head on his shoulders with a HUGE drive to get better. Sounds a lot like Marcus and honestly, if we draft Stanley I could see these two pushing each other to greatness. Stanley at worst is a #2/3 scoring option, and a lockdown defender, however I will bet on him improving and becoming a superstar in 3 years. I say get him, he's perfect for the culture we are trying to build here.

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I have seen some mocks at 11 or 12. 4 picks up  our 33rd picks should get us there.
I think we come out with 2 picks. I see using using 33rd to moved up 3 or 4 and our other second round to move up with our other pick.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek