Author Topic: What players would you be happy with in the draft  (Read 10632 times)

Re: What players would you be happy with in the draft
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
I honestly think this draft is overrated.  Karl Towns will be good.  So will D'Angelo Russell.  I really think Jahlil Okafor won't be as good as people think he will be.  Mudiay - I would not have a clue.  WCS is basically a more athletic Gorgui Dieng.  Stanley Johnson is a starter in the league, but he's not making an all-star team.  Herzonja - I don't think he'll be as good as people hope he'll be.  He's not dominating in Europe.  I know Giannis didn't either before coming to the NBA, but Giannis was younger, rawer, and had more amazing physical tools.  Herzonja is a starter in the league. Possibly a high level starter but nothing more than that.  Myles Turner - I wouldn't have a clue.  He has something wrong with his gait apparently.  Winslow might be the best of them in our range... 

but whomever Danny and Brad Stevens decide to take, I will be fairly confident with their decision simply because together I don't think they'll make too many poor decisions in drafts to come.  I know Danny has in the past screwed up a few times in the draft, but I think together - relying on each others wisdom, they will choose good players at a better rate than Danny did by himself... or with Doc.

Honestly, I'm not too excited by whomever we choose in the draft.  I'm actually much more excited to see if we trade for any really good, established players.  Or if we get rid of Gerald Wallace in the draft, or any of our other players...  I'm just ready for Danny to go to work and improve the team.  But I refuse to let my anticipation build too high, because draft night could very well be just another mediocre, forgettable night.

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
ideally,
#45 is used to move up with either 16 or 28
first 1st rounder -  Turner
second 1st Rounder - Wood
#33 - Upshaw or Dakari

a lot of bigs but I think we've got a number of guards already

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With trades my current draft day masterpiece is as follows;

Stanley Johnson @11. Traded up using Sully, Turner and 16. Pacers to take Payne at 16. Sully, Turner and Payne for SJ should be very reasonable.

Bobby Portis @18 via the trades of AB and 33 for 14. Which then was traded to Rockets for 18, 32 and D-Mo. Rockets take Grant 14.

Upshaw @ 25 for pick 28 and 45. C's leap Lakers and Grizzly get the guy they want in Martin at 28.

Jaiteh @ 35. Via trade of 32 for 35 and 37. I shed a tear as Vezenkov becomes Philly's stash player. But 35 and 37 will work for us.

Richaun Holmes @ 37. Via Philly trade above.

*Of course I'd throw a max offer to Middleton or Butler to play SG. Fall back would be a 2nd tier SG there are plenty to choose from (Green, Henderson, Thornton, Mathews, Affalo, Ellis) I would favor Danny Green out of second tier.

Roster after all the moves
Smart/IT/Pressey
Butler*/Young
Crowder/S.J./Wallace
KO/Portis/Holmes
Zeller/D-Mo/Upshaw/Jaiteh
There is almost a zero percent chance that a team could make that many trades in a single draft.  Furthermore most of the trades are unrealistically in the Celtics favor.  Houston wouldn't trade D-Mo and the #32 just to move up from #18 to #14.  The Grizz would not move down three spots just to pick up the #45 pick.  The Sixers would not trade the #35 and #37 just to move up to the #32.
Well I disagree. My reasons are there are a few teams that are looking at Grant and D-Mo isn't in Rockets' future. We know Houston will do what it takes to get their guys. Grizz don't lose a thing moving down a few spots they still get their guy that they wanted at 25-28 range nothing bad about it of course unless you think they want a trade out. Philly one is of course all about Philly getting the best stash prospect. For Philly that is a huge plus.
D-Mo played a significant role for the Rockets at over 28mpg.  I don't think they'd trade him for so little and they certainly wouldn't have to throw in the #32 pick.  Besides Grant will most likely be available at 18 assuming the Rockets even want him.  I don't see why the Grizz particularly want Martin.  They need more outside shooting.  Philly already has a much better PF prospect, Saric, stashed.  If they package the #35 and #37, it will get them a late 1st.
You are not changing my mind on this. D-Mo is heading into last year and Smith and Capella will take most of the PT going foward. I don't even care much about him he is kind of in between Sully and KO as he doesn't play above the rim. He also isnt a very young player with upside either and is likely at his peak already. I believe you are WAY over valuing him, he is a throw in not a deal breaker.
Grant on some sites is going before Payne in the 13-16 range. If they can think that, why can't I?
Grizz want Martin because Z-Bo is getting old and he has some good potential to play in their system.
Vez has already talked about getting faster to play SF. He has some skill and is young. With better training, diet and hard work he can improve his speed and athleticism to play SF.
I'm not overvaluing D-Mo but him and the #32 pick is worth more than a 4 spot jump.  D-Mo is just 24 years old with 3 seasons in the NBA.  He fits well into Houston's chucking up 3s offense.  Smith isn't under contract so there is no guarantee that he'll remain in Houston.  Capella is a very raw prospect and unlikely to help them much next season.  I doubt Grant goes before 18 but if he does there are a number of other PGs for them to choose from. 

Regardless of our differing opinions on Vez, the 35 and 37 is too much to move up to 32.  Their 35 and 47 picks would do it.
I'd ask for an add of a future protected 1st (top 26 protection) then if they didn't throw in D-Mo. You are jumping up 4 spots mid round it's pricey. 32 and 18 isn't enough alone especially when you give up AB and 33 to get there. That is established cost in scenario already. Which I find fair and trade back to me is fair for reasons stated. As for 47 instead of 37 don't like the guys projected later than 45 rather keep Vezenkov and tell them to kick rocks. No way 47 is enough to move 5 spots to the top of the second.

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Would love to see a trade up for wcs, but barring that:

16.  Portis, dekker, oubre
28.  Mickey, Wright, Martin
33.  Upshaw, wood, Euro big
45.  Euro big

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm still kind of hoping things fall right and Embid or Noel becomes available via trade and Danny uses some picks to get one of them. 

If not, I had been a Wood fan, even at 16.  I know it's high, but why risk it if he's the one you want; i.e., Bill Belichick.

I'm kind of changing my tune and thinking either Upshaw or Wood would be available at 28, so I'm leaning Hollis-Jefferson or Oubre at 16.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I think the top 9 (my rankings) Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Prozingis, Winslow, Herzonja, WCS and Johnson all have all star potential and I would be thrilled to see any of them on the Cs.

Outside of that obvious group my favorites are

first round (in no order)

RHJ
Dekker
Harrel
Lyles
D Johnson

second round

Andrew Harrison
Jordan Mickey
Christmas
R Holmes
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
16--Bobby Portis
28--Delon Wright
33--Rakeem Christmas
45--Michael Qualls
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Keep current guards and Evan Turner scenario:

16:  Portis
28:  De Paula (stash)
33:  Jaiteh (or stash Hernangomez)
45:  Powell

Powell allows an AB trade if desired, without a big defensive
fall off.  The fall off would be due to Powell probably not being good enough to start like AB. The
actually quality of his defense might be as good or even a little better than AB given he is bigger
than AB.  (somewhere between Tony Allen and AB in size I think.)  I don't want to short shrift AB's defensive ability though...he has that elite gear at times on defense and I don't know if Powell has that, but one site does compare him to Tony Allen.

Powell is not as good a shooter as AB. Better at attacking the rim though.

Powell and Young together would have to try to replace AB.  With Smart starting and seeing big minutes at the 2.

Scenario II (no Portis, so both Mickey and Jaiteh):

16:  Dekker
28:  Mickey
33:  Jaiteh
45:  Powell

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Would like to see them trade up for WCS before anything. (#16+#33+Kelly+future second to move up to #6-9)

I like Turner, Portis, Grant, Hollis-Jefferson, Anderson, Hunter, Upshaw and McCullough in the #16-28 range.

I like Mickey, Venzenkov, Christmas, Brown, Young, Harvey in the #33-45 range.

In a perfect world, we'd walk away with WCS, RJ Hunter, and Anthony Brown  :o

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we trade up- Stanley Johnson, Myles Turner, WCS, Hezonja
If this guy slips we need to pick him- Oubre, Booker
16- Portis, RHJ, Lyles, Looney
28- Upshaw, Anderson, Wood, Mickey, McCulough, Alexander
33- Anyone from last group or best available foreign player
45- Connaugton, or best available foreign player.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Turner anderson upshaw harrison.. or dakari

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
16- Oubre, Hunter, Portis, Anderson
28- McCullough, martin, mickey, christmas
33- upshaw
45- any draft and stash

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
For our 2nd round picks there is a new guy that I've been watching named Luis Montero. Kid has lottery potential that could be had in he second round. The reason he isn't overly hyped is because he's coming out of the Dominican Republic. Some would question the talent he is playing against, but Giannis was coming out of Greece playing similar competition. Go check him out guys.

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
what about drafting a player at 16 nobody here expects.  Cameron Payne. He is going to come in for a workout.  Could really impress.

6'2" , 6'7" wingspan, 35.5 max vert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK025LBy15I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWse5O-Kb6E

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
what about drafting a player at 16 nobody here expects.  Cameron Payne. He is going to come in for a workout.  Could really impress.

6'2" , 6'7" wingspan, 35.5 max vert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK025LBy15I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWse5O-Kb6E

Love him and expect him to be gone, maybe even long gone.  Trade up sure...