Author Topic: Myles Turner  (Read 11222 times)

Re: Myles Turner
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The way I'd play it: wait until 2 out of Stanley Johnson, WCS, and Turner are off the board. Should be in 9-11 range where that happens. Try to move up from #16 to e.g. 11 or 12 if the price is right. To me the draft is about 12-13 players deep and then there's a noticeable drop-off into 3rd tier types. Johnson / WCS / Turner all have pretty high upsides for late lottery.

Dang, missing playoffs looks pretty good at the moment.

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 10:51:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The way I'd play it: wait until 2 out of Stanley Johnson, WCS, and Turner are off the board. Should be in 9-11 range where that happens. Try to move up from #16 to e.g. 11 or 12 if the price is right. To me the draft is about 12-13 players deep and then there's a noticeable drop-off into 3rd tier types. Johnson / WCS / Turner all have pretty high upsides for late lottery.

Sound about right to me. I thought 12 would be a good spot for us because we would still have a good shot at prospects but it would mean we also competed all year long.

I dont think its a big deal in the end.

For me
Towns Okafor Mudiay Russel Winslow are all out of range unless you want to give up a Marcus Smart or multiple Brooklyn picks + other assets

However, Hezonja, Prozingis, Johnson, WCS, Turner are all tremendous prospects for me. I dont like Prozingis but any of those guys would be great talents for outside the top 8.

If we get any of those 5 without giving up major assets Id be ecstatic.

If it costs me KO + 16 + 45 Id be delighted.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 08:55:50 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Chris Mannix-

• Myles Turner’s awkward gait—and the potential that it could indicate a long term health problem—was a topic that hit every college scouts report last season. To alleviate concerns, Turner’s agent, Andy Miller, sent Turner to New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery for a battery of tests. According to Turner, he received a clean bill of health.

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 10:08:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Chris Mannix-

• Myles Turner’s awkward gait—and the potential that it could indicate a long term health problem—was a topic that hit every college scouts report last season. To alleviate concerns, Turner’s agent, Andy Miller, sent Turner to New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery for a battery of tests. According to Turner, he received a clean bill of health.

I cannot see Turner dropping out of the top 10 now. Anywhere from 5-9 range.

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 03:34:16 AM »

Offline CelticSK

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Turner Monroe complement eachother perfectly as far as I can tell
on offense yes but on defense neither are quick enough to guard some of the elite perimeter power forwards

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
There are other threads where we have talked about Myles Turner. Anyways. IMO he is the BPA in our range. I would be happy trading Avery to the Heat or Pacers to get him (and keeping our 16th).

He also compares well with Aldridge. 6'10'' w/o shoes, 7'4'' wingspan, 9'2'' standing reach. 84%ft shooter.

His shot is raw but he has a great stroke. IMO in time he will tighten up his stance and make his shot "his own".

Remember in the begining of the season when we were playing KO at center and our offense was great? This kid can help us do that AND THEN BE A RIM PROTECTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j63pqFDjC6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUf-Gyvdbc

EDIT: Myles Turner was measured with a 7'4'' wingspan and 9'4'' standing reach.

We need to get this guy. It is so much more realistic and conservative to trade Avery or other players for Turner. Especially if James Young looks good. Chances are we will do what we did last year and help teams facilitate trades and move money so that we can get picks in return. Thats how we got IT. We need more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6jwAbXYzQ

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »

• Ray Allen
Turner Monroe complement eachother perfectly as far as I can tell
on offense yes but on defense neither are quick enough to guard some of the elite perimeter power forwards
Turner has a good chance to gain quickness. He may never be the qickest player at pf, but was Duncan? Turner is much longer than other 4's and that will help him. Also those elite 4's will have a hard time defending Turner therefore making them more tired both ways.IMO

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 06:49:35 PM »

• Ray Allen

Sound about right to me. I thought 12 would be a good spot for us because we would still have a good shot at prospects but it would mean we also competed all year long.

I dont think its a big deal in the end.

For me
Towns Okafor Mudiay Russel Winslow are all out of range unless you want to give up a Marcus Smart or multiple Brooklyn picks + other assets

However, Hezonja, Prozingis, Johnson, WCS, Turner are all tremendous prospects for me. I dont like Prozingis but any of those guys would be great talents for outside the top 8.

If we get any of those 5 without giving up major assets Id be ecstatic.

If it costs me KO + 16 + 45 Id be delighted.
both of you get TP's. I think Avery has played his best basketball for us. With James Young, Evan Turner Marcus Smart, and IT; plus we will probably pick up an unwanted contract for a pick like we did last year, could be a gaurd.

We are better off going for Myles Turner and using players like Avery, Evan Turner, and KO to do it.

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »

• Ray Allen
Also one way to see that he has improved is to watch the newest video and Turners new shot. If you compare his old shot to his new one the improvement is pretty obvious His gate is much better and he has tightened it up. Still needs work before it is like KG's lol but I like this kid.

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
People are going to compare him to JJJ.  I could live with him as our pick especially if we nab Upshaw later on.

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »

• Ray Allen
People are going to compare him to JJJ.  I could live with him as our pick especially if we nab Upshaw later on.
OMG u def getting at TP. My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »

• Ray Allen

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/JaJuan-Johnson-5307/stats/

JJJ is still dif, but I get what ur saying. I blame JJJ for us not taking a chance on Rudy Gobert

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:43 AM »

• Ray Allen
This kid would be great, especially in our system. I would def trade up to get him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnCHLEa6RM