Author Topic: Woj: Rocket players pushed into LAC locker to confront Austin Rivers post-game  (Read 5192 times)

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sounds like a bunch of fake tough guy stuff going on here.

It's the NBA.  Of course it is.

Yup but on the plus side that makes this a lot more comical. Shaq and Chuck laughing about "call LAPD, Chris Paul's trying to beat me up!" was great.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd guess this has to do with Austin puffing his chest out after taking Paul's role and having a couple good games.  I saw in a recent interview thay he's still defending his talent and place in the NBA based on merit rather than nepotism.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Edit. Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:09:14 AM by tarheelsxxiii »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
As president of the players union, cp3 showed a lack of leadership by not just allowing this, but being a part of it. How Do you go through backdoors after getting kicked out by security from the opponents locker room and think its a good idea

And what's Gerald Green thinking! He was almost out of the league until a few weeks ago. And he decided he wants to help jump the Opponents coaches kid in their locker room... Glad he isn't in our team

Gerald's still upset with Doc for trashing him as a rook and 2nd year player in Boston!!

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd guess this has to do with Austin puffing his chest out after taking Paul's role and having a couple good games.  I saw in a recent interview thay he's still defending his talent and place in the NBA based on merit rather than nepotism.
He was the 10th pick in the draft to a team that had nothing to do with his father ever.  He clearly has NBA level talent.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
As the NBA gathers information for its investigation into the events surrounding the bombastic LA Clippers-Houston Rockets game on Monday night, forward Trevor Ariza has been further isolated as the person most responsible for the Rockets' postgame charge into the Clippers' locker room, league sources told ESPN.

Rockets All-Stars Chris Paul and James Harden are increasingly described as working to slow down Ariza's anger with the Clippers' Austin Rivers and Blake Griffin, league sources said.

Nevertheless, there are those on the Clippers' side who still insist that Paul -- in his return game after six turbulent seasons in Los Angeles -- eagerly entered the home locker room through a backdoor entrance with Ariza, Harden and teammate Gerald Green.

The Rockets players were filled with a greater animus for Rivers, sources told ESPN, because they insist that he had been especially belligerent from the bench in the late stages of the Clippers' victory. Out with an ankle injury and wearing a suit, Rivers was reveling in Griffin's dominant performance of 29 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. Once Griffin became entangled with several Rockets, Rivers' verbiage appeared to become more aggressive.

Griffin unleashed on the Rockets in the final minutes of the game, brushing past Mike D'Antoni and inspiring the Rockets coach to scream "F--- you" at him. Griffin, as he was falling out of bounds, fired a loose ball off the back of Eric Gordon, and seconds later, he engaged in a skirmish with Ariza that led to double technical fouls and an ejection with 1 minute,
3 seconds left.

As the drama unfolded later, Rockets center Clint Capela walked down the main corridor and banged on the front entrance to the Clippers' locker room, league sources said. Soon, a Clippers staff member opened the door and looked up to see Capela, a formidable 6-foot-10 figure, standing in the doorway.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:41:19 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
How does glory boy, Chris Paul NOT get any suspension???

Paul is the same piece of crap that VERY DELIBERATELY hit Julius Hodge in the groin in 2005 when with Wake Forest!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

And people think he is a CHOIR BOY!!!  He is NOT!!!!

He is the Head of the NBA Players' Association and he should NOT get a pass because of that and the FACT that it would look BAD for the NBA for him to get suspended!!!!

He showed them where the back door into the locker room was located.  He should get a longer suspension that those two!!

Utter hogwash.  There is NOT much justice in our world today sadly!!!

Smitty77

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
He was the 10th pick in the draft to a team that had nothing to do with his father ever.  He clearly has NBA level talent.

Sure, but by that logic it would be ok for Anthony Bennet's dad to trade for him and get him a big contract. Rivers was one of the worst players in the league when he was traded to LA & only slightly improved when they inexplicably gave him a $30M contract. It was very clearly favoritism, even if he's a talented kid.

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Sounds like a bunch of fake tough guy stuff going on here.

It's the NBA.  Of course it is.

Yup but on the plus side that makes this a lot more comical. Shaq and Chuck laughing about "call LAPD, Chris Paul's trying to beat me up!" was great.

LOL agreed. Like come on now. CP3? He's like the equivalent of class president. He's not about to roll up and throw hands with a teacher's child. Much ado about nuthin. There are a lot of goons in the NBA...but CP3 ain't one of em. Gerald Green though? Is about that life.

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
If there's 20 total guys in the NBA that are true tough guys I'd be shocked.  And not one of them plays for the Clippers or Rockets LOL. 

I'd say Embiid, Baynes, TA, and Bobby Portis are a lock 4.  Possibly Rondo too.

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
If there's 20 total guys in the NBA that are true tough guys I'd be shocked.  And not one of them plays for the Clippers or Rockets LOL. 

I'd throw in Gerald Green, Zach Randolph, Pat Bev, and Cousins off hand.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

It's an interesting question. I would prob filter this question by figuring out what players grew up in "tougher areas". There's a huge difference between looking tough on an NBA court and having the experience of catching multiple beatings growing up. The latter teaches one how to win a fight more than the former.

If it were a straight boxing match, I'd take someone with the reach. If some type of MMA event, I like stocky guys like Marcus Smart. If it's a real fight on the street, I like the guy with the baseball bat or gun. Give me Spud Webb with a 9mm.

The whole "tough guy" thing is overrated. In my opinion, the toughest guys are those that are mentally strong enough not to engage. You might never seem them fight, even though they're capable of laying down a beating.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Ben Wallace may top the list:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXpyrfEuYo

He and the Bad Boy Pistons (Laimbeer) just before him.  The guys that end up carving out careers as top 3-and-Ders generally played with some grit, too --Bowen, Iguodala, Ariza, Matthews, Ron Artest/MWP, etc. 

This reminded me of an article about Artest that I read a while ago: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ron-Artest-admits-he-used-to-drink-Hennessy-at-h?urn=nba,206187

Not labeling that "grit", but man... he was a true wildcard.  Unhinged cowboy.     
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:53:55 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
How does glory boy, Chris Paul NOT get any suspension???

Paul is the same piece of crap that VERY DELIBERATELY hit Julius Hodge in the groin in 2005 when with Wake Forest!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

And people think he is a CHOIR BOY!!!  He is NOT!!!!

He is the Head of the NBA Players' Association and he should NOT get a pass because of that and the FACT that it would look BAD for the NBA for him to get suspended!!!!

He showed them where the back door into the locker room was located.  He should get a longer suspension that those two!!

Utter hogwash.  There is NOT much justice in our world today sadly!!!

Smitty77
This is how I feel.  He was probably the leader of those guys and if he told those guys not to go into the locker room they wouldn't have.  I was kind of looking forward to Paul being punished.