Author Topic: Laugh as you may but Durant should consider Sacramento  (Read 2504 times)

Re: Laugh as you may but Durant should consider Sacramento
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Zero shot.

Even though they would be a good team, they wouldn’t be favored to do anything. Coupled with the fact they aren’t a huge market or a glamour team, he won’t consider them.

Pretty crazy that he’s played with three different future/past MVP’s.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 01:03:03 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Trading #10 for #15 and #20 seems a perfectly reasonable trade to me. The Kings again just failed to pick the right players with Justin Jackson and Harry Giles. Players like John Collins and OG Anunoby were also available to them.

Right, but I think the word failed is unfair. Picks that late are really hard to get right. Like I said in my opening sentence: "Terrible management is relative." If you blow the first pick, that's absolutely unforgivable... if you blow the 15th or 20th pick.. meh. Let's not group the Kings' recent moves with other "Terrible" franchises like the Magic* and Sixers, who have completely **** the bed.

*I read a reddit post: If the Magic stopped making trades on June 25th, 2014 their roster could today consist of: Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Domantas Sabonis, Dario Saric, Moe Harkless and Landry Shamet.
June 26, 2014

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a4kqzy/if_the_orlando_magic_stopped_making_trades_on/

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Trading #10 for #15 and #20 seems a perfectly reasonable trade to me. The Kings again just failed to pick the right players with Justin Jackson and Harry Giles. Players like John Collins and OG Anunoby were also available to them.

Right, but I think the word failed is unfair. Picks that late are really hard to get right. Like I said in my opening sentence: "Terrible management is relative." If you blow the first pick, that's absolutely unforgivable... if you blow the 15th or 20th pick.. meh. Let's not group the Kings' recent moves with actual "Terrible" franchises like the Magic* and Sixers, who have completely **** the bed.

*I read a reddit post: If the Magic stopped making trades on June 25th, 2014 their roster could today consist of: Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Domantas Sabonis, Dario Saric, Moe Harkless and Landry Shamet.
June 26, 2014

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a4kqzy/if_the_orlando_magic_stopped_making_trades_on/
They wouldn't have Saric, the Sixers would have drafted him at 10.  I'm sure there are other draft pick type trades that would work out that way as well. 

The acquiring Ibaka trade was awful though for them.  No way around that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

Right, but I think the word failed is unfair. Picks that late are really hard to get right. Like I said in my opening sentence: "Terrible management is relative." If you blow the first pick, that's absolutely unforgivable... if you blow the 15th or 20th pick.. meh. Let's not group the Kings' recent moves with other "Terrible" franchises like the Magic* and Sixers, who have completely **** the bed.

June 26, 2014

wow what a squad that would be. probably not a canidate to beat GS but a fun team to watch and well balanced too. Can we agree that them trading Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka is one of the worst trades of the modern era? One of the funnest to say because of the sounds of the names, but definitely lopsided.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

June 26, 2014

wow what a squad that would be. probably not a canidate to beat GS but a fun team to watch and well balanced too. Can we agree that them trading Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka is one of the worst trades of the modern era? One of the funnest to say because of the sounds of the names, but definitely lopsided.

Definitely Tatum & a first rounder for Fultz. At least Ibaka can play basketball.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

June 26, 2014

Definitely Tatum & a first rounder for Fultz. At least Ibaka can play basketball.

The 76ers never would have had Tatum. Ainge knew that the 76ers were after Fultz (they made it known they were after a PG), that's so genius. Even if Colangelo had a feeling that Ainge would take Tatum as his 1st pick he needed to make the trade to ensure that the Lakers wouldn't take Fultz at #2, who had let known that Fultz made an impression on them.

So if the trade hadn't gone through the 76ers would have been left with Ball or perhaps Jackson (Fultz, Ball, Tatum and Jackson were considered as the 4 best prospects), who were seen as far less good fits for Simmons and Embiid, because of their ball dominance and probable shooting problems (funny I know  ;D).

If the 76ers insisted on drafting a guard there were other options like Fox, Smith or Ntilikina, but neither of these players stood out as complementary to Simmons. The 76ers really wanted an allround PG, who could shoot, defend and pass. Everybody thought that Fultz filled the bill.

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
he be stupid to go anywhere else as long as the basic core of Thompson,curry ,and green stay . 

no reason to leave

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
he be stupid to go anywhere else as long as the basic core of Thompson,curry ,and green stay . 

no reason to leave
I'd say its the opposite. If he joins the team like Sacramento and let's say he win a ring there, his blunder with joining a stacked team will be forgotten. KD already have 2 rings but he gets little respect about it. That will change if he lead a team on his own.