Author Topic: Hayward sign-and-trade completed  (Read 62463 times)

Re: Hayward sign-and-trade completed
« Reply #390 on: November 29, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd really love to get a stud player like Beal (not even sure he fits into a TPE) or Hield. Both of those guys would make us incredibly formidable on offence.

But I don't know if it's particularly realistic. I think the more likely move will be going after some vet experience, as our roster is quite young.

Beal doesn't fit into the TPE. To get him we would need to trade Walker (or give up way too many players and value).

Is there any reason we can’t trade for a $28 million player, wait 24 hours, and then flip him for Beal?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #391 on: November 29, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Sounds like the TPE does fit Beal's contract

https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1333163989455544326?s=21

« Reply #392 on: November 29, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »

Offline DBCooper

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Will probably expire or used to get a bad contract and a 1st rounder. Don't have faith it will be used on a good player.

If it gets a top 10 pick for next years draft I’m all for it

« Reply #393 on: November 29, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I'd really love to get a stud player like Beal (not even sure he fits into a TPE) or Hield. Both of those guys would make us incredibly formidable on offence.

But I don't know if it's particularly realistic. I think the more likely move will be going after some vet experience, as our roster is quite young.

Beal doesn't fit into the TPE. To get him we would need to trade Walker (or give up way too many players and value).

Is there any reason we can’t trade for a $28 million player, wait 24 hours, and then flip him for Beal?
Wizards have to agree to absorb the $28M contract back. Not a small amount

« Reply #394 on: November 29, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Sure, but almost every team offers a mix of contracts coming back.  We now have the flexibility to do something like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
List of player salaries:

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

Keep in mind the Celts will want to stay below the tax, and are hard-capped at the tax plus $6 million.

« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

That's still 100K short  ;D. We need another adjustment!

(don't know why Charlotte and Hayward wouldn't chose to do a descending contract, which would have created a 34.19M or 32.53M TPE)

« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2020, 05:09:41 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Beal is 28.8 mill, can we send money to make it work? Didn't we get cash in one of these trades? I could also see working some thing in a three was with Kings and they can send Heild to the Wizards since Heild is a bit out of the Kings plans with Fox and Bagely.

I'd be cool with Barnes too.

« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2020, 05:09:50 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Sure, but almost every team offers a mix of contracts coming back.  We now have the flexibility to do something like that.
I have thought about that before like when you trade players one on one. In theory if you have enough teams willing to trade with the right sized contracts you can start with a small contract and end up trading for a max contract as long as you meet the 125% requirement with each trade... there might be restrictions on how many trades you can make though I’m not sure

« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2020, 05:10:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's what I suspected, but it turns out our TPE is $28.5m and not $27.9...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

That's still 100K short  ;D. We need another adjustment!

(don't know why Charlotte and Hayward wouldn't chose to do a descending contract, which would have created a 34.19M or 32.52M TPE)

Hayward shouldn’t do it because he’s going to lose a large chunk to escrow this season.

« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is a relief. I'm glad we can move on with our lives. I was hoping for one 2nd rounder, but I imagine these will be in the ~55 range, so I am not too upset about it - picks that late are usually available for a bargain purchase. Glad we held on to the ones we got from MEM, too. Do we know anything about the conditional pick coming back? Is it only if we have a worse pick than CHA one of those years or something?

Anyway, good luck to Gordon and let's hope we can make this thing count. I wouldn't expect anything this season, but it should really come in handy next offseason. People who are pessimistic about this thing shouldn't be, btw. Danny will use it, if only to absorb a bad contract and a pick. I am sure he will have his sights higher than this, though. It really is a good tool to have.

« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2020, 05:17:02 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
This is a relief. I'm glad we can move on with our lives. I was hoping for one 2nd rounder, but I imagine these will be in the ~55 range, so I am not too upset about it - picks that late are usually available for a bargain purchase. Glad we held on to the ones we got from MEM, too. Do we know anything about the conditional pick coming back? Is it only if we have a worse pick than CHA one of those years or something?

Anyway, good luck to Gordon and let's hope we can make this thing count. I wouldn't expect anything this season, but it should really come in handy next offseason. People who are pessimistic about this thing shouldn't be, btw. Danny will use it, if only to absorb a bad contract and a pick. I am sure he will have his sights higher than this, though. It really is a good tool to have.
Good to be optimistic 😃
And the conditional pick is probably top 55 protected. It’s a standard  practice for the lowest possible value being sent back in a trade.

« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
stop posting like beal is on the market.  he isn't and if he was it would start with brown.

« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

That's what I suspected, but it turns out our TPE is $28.5m and not $27.9...

Says who?